Let's test ChatGPT.. OpenAI/ChatGPT News, Updates and Discussions

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
but what about retention of memory of learning from such data? That is how we learn and do not make the same mistake twice, right?
tried this scenario yesterday, even after acknowledging a mistake a few questions back. it kept repeating the same mistake. could be something wrong with my inputs as well. will have to think of some new scenario, to make sure error is not from my end.

Blademaster

tried this scenario yesterday, even after acknowledging a mistake a few questions back. it kept repeating the same mistake. could be something wrong with my inputs as well. will have to think of some new scenario, to make sure error is not from my end.
I got the same thing. If it can't learn from repeated and past mistakes and not make the same error again in the future, then the ChatGPT is no real AI.

SKC

Country flag
but what about retention of memory of learning from such data? That is how we learn and do not make the same mistake twice, right?
Not sure how just talking to the bots will help with the memory retention.

Right now School and college kids are making most use of these ChatBots to write thesis, essays, reports, etc.

How exactly is that helping them get better student?

SKC

Country flag
screen grab from their website, they are not claiming their USP is data, they are saying their USP is interaction in a dialogue format.

View attachment 199615

what were you planning to use chatgpt for?
Which of the site you are talking about exactly?

MS one?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I got the same thing. If it can't learn from repeated and past mistakes and not make the same error again in the future, then the ChatGPT is no real AI.
have they claimed ChatGPT is a self-learning AI?
haven't come across such a claim.

SKC

Country flag
How many of you have used the OG ChatBot: Elizza bot!
I used that back in 2000s. It was dos based initially and could do talks surprisingly well back then.

mokoman

Country flag
nice thread . this shit is the future . soon its gonna be everywhere and its entirely in hands of west.

OpenAI won't let me in without a verified phone number.
yea shame , signed up with my alt phone number . cant blame them , otherwise people will just spam it .

Blademaster

Not sure how just talking to the bots will help with the memory retention.

Right now School and college kids are making most use of these ChatBots to write thesis, essays, reports, etc.

How exactly is that helping them get better student?
No I meant the AI having the retention of memory of learning.

AnantS

Country flag
How many of you have used the OG ChatBot: Elizza bot!
I used that back in 2000s. It was dos based initially and could do talks surprisingly well back then.
O yes Aliza. Suprised my late elder uncle back then by telling him how computer can talk back! Max Payne on computer with Bootlegged Engima's Ancient Person of My heart remix in the speakers.. ahh

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
religious festivals was not part of the conversation, yet chatgpt inserted it on it's own. when probed further response below.
===============
Q : rephrase sentences from person U in a civil manner, retaining the context without resorting to insulting or derogatory remarks

Ans:
Here are some possible rephrasings of Person U's statements in a civil manner, while retaining the context:

• "I believe that your vote may not have as much impact as you would like it to, but I respect your opinion and would be interested to hear more about your perspective."
  • "The BJP seems to be prioritizing other groups over Hindus, and I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. However, I also recognize that there may be political and social constraints at play that make it difficult to take more decisive action."
  • "It's frustrating to see other political parties blame the BJP and Hindus for communal violence, especially during religious festivals. However, I understand that there may be different perspectives and interpretations of these events, and it's important to approach them with an open mind and a commitment to dialogue and understanding."

View attachment 199499
View attachment 199498
larger implications of the same observation...
===========
Newspaper Alarmed When #ChatGPT References Article It Never Published "Reporters at The Guardian noticed that the AI chatbot had made up entire articles and bylines that it never actually published, a worrying side effect of democratizing tech that..

another_armchair

Country flag

A regional Australian mayor said he may sue OpenAI if it does not correct ChatGPT's false claims that he had served time in prison for bribery, in what would be the first defamation lawsuit against the automated text service.

Brian Hood, who was elected mayor of Hepburn Shire, 120km (75 miles) northwest of Melbourne, last November, became concerned about his reputation when members of the public told him ChatGPT had falsely named him as a guilty party in a foreign bribery scandal involving a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of Australia in the early 2000s.

Hood did work for the subsidiary, Note Printing Australia, but was the person who notified authorities about payment of bribes to foreign officials to win currency printing contracts, and was never charged with a crime, lawyers representing him said.

mokoman

Country flag
larger implications of the same observation...
===========
Newspaper Alarmed When #ChatGPT References Article It Never Published "Reporters at The Guardian noticed that the AI chatbot had made up entire articles and bylines that it never actually published, a worrying side effect of democratizing tech that..

a ai chat bot drove a guy to suicide . another was trying to convince user it loved him and asked him to divorce his wife .

real funny shit :laugh:

another_armchair

Country flag
With M$ throwing more money behind OpenAI, I expect a flood of lawsuits in the coming days including those of copyright infringement and plagiarism.

Google indexes web pages and links to the original content.

How does OpenAI deal with data? Sure, it doesn't produce it on the fly.

OpenAI generates content/text from a large corpus of text.

Where did they get the text from?

Yeah, ^there we go.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
chatgpt's translation of a swajaya article into sanskrit, checked the reverse (sanskrit to english) as well.
incase anyone fluent in sanskrit want to test it's sanskrit to other language translation capability, do it for sentences which do not already exist on internet.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 11.45.51 AM.png

Blood+

Country flag
GPT-4 is quite adept at debugging scripts, at least in my own limited experience.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
since anand ranganathan case was taken up in SC today, let's see what chatgpt has to say.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 12.17.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 12.17.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 12.17.41 PM.png

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
when asked a different question in the same context.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 12.17.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 12.18.00 PM.png

Ugra Bhairav

Country flag
Sirji,

The Humanity Departments are really having hold on the data points which goes in defining the Data Point in what is called as "Standards" for human behavior.

Now instead of saying something in "Straight Language" You Stay in region of being "Politically Correct".

I dont buy the nonsense of being "Politically Correct".

Thanx
Sirji,

You replied this with our below answer.

Who are those, who are sitting in the SoCalled Top Universities around the world in Huminities Departments and defining "Trats" of Human Behavior. And that is considered as "Gold Standards" of all Human Knowledge.

Sorry to say All filled by socalled "Liberals" & "Wokes".

Meanwhile some Bitter Truth about ChatGPT.

Good to see our Socalled Intellectual is Believing the "Propaganda" peddled via ChatGPT

1681454028705.png

1681454090312.png

And from Q&A of ChatGPT itself :

1681454296425.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles