Lets build than buy..... Lets research than refurbish ...Lets sell than purchase.

Should India move into Robotronics now ?

• Total voters

lupgain

Country flag
I am very excited to join this forum because… I am son to an Ex-serviceman from IAF… I have been born and brought up in defense environment and has huge attraction towards it.

I am much inclined towards aviation and space technologies.. they are as challenging as navy and army..

I take this forum as an platform to promote my idea that India should now think of getting into research and manufacturing of defense technologies…. Because every year they cost us a lot of money..

This could be done by inviting private players from India like Tata to invest into Defense Research facility and apart from HAL we should also have other companies who should navigate their opportunities in aero-space technologies..

Next wave that would be overtaking in defense is robotronics.. encouragement should be provided in this area as well.. I think we should even start a forum for this..

With this I would like to start my journey in DFI…

Regards
SHREEKANT
(Lupgain)

Agantrope

Hi Shree,
Welcome to DFI. Have a nice stay here.

Nice idea in the opening front :)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Welcome to DFI Shree. At first I thought you are a spam. Anyways, enjoy your stay on DFI.

A.V.

welcome to DFI its dynamic ideas from young minds that encourages us hope your family experience can contribute towards our knowledge too

lupgain

Country flag
Welcome to DFI Shree or should i say lupgain!
Lupgain is my screen name my name is shreekant vader. i am from kolhapur maharashtra.. Name doesn't matter here what matters to me is my contribution in this forum.. I plan to build my n*a*m*e* is with
*e*m*a*n*--dari
:)

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Welcome lupgain !:D please share your opinions with us!
Regards

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
welcome lupgain to the DFI so are you on your way to become a air worrier yourself ???

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Welcome! enjoy your stay here aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Should India move into robotics? They already are in manufacturing. As far as military applications it is at an early stage all across the world. The robotic systems today are just big RC toys.

kgec

OK Let's do it.... I m a research student doing research in antenna. i am interested in research that will directly benefit the defense forces. so as you (Lupgain) were brought up in the defense environment you may be more familiar with their requirements, i m requesting you to give me some suggestions about this. say, you may know what is the current requirement of the IAF for antenna (i hope just the idea will be sufficient). we will try to do the research with our limited resources (you know our Universities) which will also help me earning my Doctoral degree.

Pintu

Welcome to Defence Forum of India, lupgain, please enjoy your stay, here.

Regards

venkat

OK Let's do it.... I m a research student doing research in antenna. i am interested in research that will directly benefit the defense forces. so as you (Lupgain) were brought up in the defense environment you may be more familiar with their requirements, i m requesting you to give me some suggestions about this. say, you may know what is the current requirement of the IAF for antenna (i hope just the idea will be sufficient). we will try to do the research with our limited resources (you know our Universities) which will also help me earning my Doctoral degree.

welcome kgec!!! its nice to hear that there are atleast few souls showing interest in Antennas in india. i have a question for you. we are still in mechanically scanned array antennas. so making large dia antennas say 700mm is cumbersome process and requires lot of vacuum dip brazing technology and methods which makes yield less and more rejections. Though we have the design capability , we are depending on others for this.
Do you have any short cuts for producing such antennas locally using softsubstrates and printed antennas,instead of metal and brazing?

kgec

welcome kgec!!! its nice to hear that there are atleast few souls showing interest in Antennas in india. i have a question for you. we are still in mechanically scanned array antennas. so making large dia antennas say 700mm is cumbersome process and requires lot of vacuum dip brazing technology and methods which makes yield less and more rejections. Though we have the design capability , we are depending on others for this.
Do you have any short cuts for producing such antennas locally using softsubstrates and printed antennas,instead of metal and brazing?
srry buddy my area of of interest is only designing microstrip antennas not manufacturing....what u asked for comes under the preview of metallurgy.

venkat

srry buddy my area of of interest is only designing microstrip antennas not manufacturing....what u asked for comes under the preview of metallurgy.
Kgec!!! i asked for printed circuit Antennas which are nothing but microstrip line design implemented on teflon ,duroid based soft substrates and also FR-4 glass epoxy based on operating frequency!!! Airborne missile seeker antennas, weather radar antennas can be implemented using soft substrates because they are small in size. pls provide me with ur e mail id,if possible.

kgec

U asked for an alternate to vacuum brazing technology so that larged sized microstrip antennas could b manufactured with lower rejection rate...didnt u? BTW we after zeroing on a particular design send it with required microwave substrate to PCB fabricator who fabricates it using photo-lithography. I know this may not result in a military grade antenna but this is the best that we can do with our resources.I have checked the fabricated antenna dimensions using electron microscope. it gave a tolerance of about 0.25 mm. i think this much tolerance is enough for reporting to scientific community. We didnt feel the requirement for more perfection. If we require lower tolerance in the future then we will think of other altenatives.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles