LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

neo29

currently lca qualified as 4th gen fighter. but if with aesa radar it should increase its status to 4.5 gen. thats the only reason its been put under 4th gen. technical specifications of both lca and jf 17 seem to be almost same. lca offers more payload. but surely lca design offers very good maneuverability.

i still wonder how come jf-17 is so cheap.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
currently lca qualified as 4th gen fighter. but if with aesa radar it should increase its status to 4.5 gen. thats the only reason its been put under 4th gen. technical specifications of both lca and jf 17 seem to be almost same. lca offers more payload. but surely lca design offers very good maneuverability.

LCA 4th gen??????????????????????

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Neo,
Its cheap because its chinese.

Aj,
What's wrong with the 4th gen thing?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^ no idea so asked???what i heard F-18 is gen 4????(may be im wrong)....not so good in military weapons knowledge ..=sad

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is this 4+ and 4++ also these days. MKI and super hornets come under that plus category.

Crusader53

I would call the LCA a 4th Gen Fighter. Yet, you could say the LCA MK2 as a Gen 4.5 Fighter. Not that the term has much meaning in the real world.

pavanvenkatesh

heard that an indegenious effort to develop an AESA radar for our LCA and MCA is it true?

rizwan78

Country flag
Hi, i am very new to this thread, i have a question that Why the IAF is planing to purchase G 4.5 126 MRCA, when they have LCA is 4 + G fighter , Su30MKI , at the performance base Su30mki is the best plane in this region and i hope india can easily purchase or produce these fighters on to his own. ?

venom

DFI Technocrat

Reasons y JF-17 Is cheap....its cost is just 15 mil $
1. No quadruplex digital fly-by-wire flight control system.
2. RD 93 is cheaper than GE 404 IN.
3. Full Metal Airframe.
4. KLJ-7 is less capable than Hybrid MMR on Lca.
5. Lesser Capable EW Suite, Mayawi[Indian-Israel JV] Will b integrated with lca.

neo29

why isnt china not inducting jf-17 in their arsenal? they obviously not happy with it so not interested in it and interested more in j-10. nevertheless during indo china war lca will be meeting the j-10. we should be comparing those two.

Patriot

Country flag
Pakistan launches homemade JF-17 jet

UPI - 6/9/2010

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, June 8 (UPI) -- Pakistan has announced plans to begin production of avionics and related gadgets for the Sino-Pak JF-17 Thunder fighter jet.

The launch, announced at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra, outside Islamabad, is being billed as a vital move for making the country's air force "self-reliant."

"A strong air force is essential for our nation's survival," said Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman at the ceremonial launch. "Self-reliance for the Pakistani air force is an important factor and this ... is an important step in this direction."

To date, the bulk of avionics made in Pakistan have been manufactured as part of joint ventures with foreign companies. In the past, these have included Selex Galileo radars produced for the air force's fleet of Mirage III and F-7P Fishbed fighters.

On the occasion of the presentation and speaking at the Kamra manufacturing plant, Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan also presented an appraisal of JF-17 avionics program activities. These include four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems currently being developed at the Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory, Sify News reported.

Khan said the production scope "would be progressively broadened" to include the creation of a complete JF-17 avionics suite at the complex.

Neither Khan nor other Pakistani military officials elaborated on the plans.

Defense News reported, however, that "at least two of the domestically designed and produced systems include a head-up display and a weapons and mission management computer."

It said previous avionics projects had included a radar honing system for the 1960s F-104 combat aircraft; IRST pod and modifications to the GEC 956 head-up display and, most recently, the weapon aiming system for the F-7P jet in the 1990s.

Originally known as Super 7, the JF-17 Thunder was developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp. under a joint venture between China and Pakistan, Sify News reported.

It said that the Pakistani air force was set to acquire 150 JF-17s but China's final order -- anticipated at 250 -- would hinge on the final evaluation of the fighter jet.

Military experts assess Pakistan's move into domestic avionics production as an economically viable decision after ill-fated attempts in the past.

By some accounts, the JF-17 is gaining popular demand. As many as 17 nations have placed orders while Pakistan is considering deploying the aircraft in strategic parts of the country. Exports have also surged for the K-8 fighter, which is jointly designed and produced with China.

"China brought in its production facilities while Pakistan brought in ideas, design from its invaluable experience using Western planes like Mirages and F-16s," Ruppe News reported. "It was a perfect symbiosis."

http://news.combataircraft.com/readnews.aspx?i=1318

Rahul Singh

Country flag
JF-17 is nothing other than a single engine fighter conceptualized, designed and in-house tested by Russians as Mig-33, later built and developed by Chinese using american money and at last sold to prestige(as per pakistani definitions) hungry, self-cheating pakistanis with a tag called sino-pak JV fighter.

Now three points to be noted here.

#Russian Air Force was not interested in Mig-33 (single engine Mig-29) and Russian economics did not allowed them to develop it fully to extract money invested by exporting, so they scraped the project.

#Pakistanis were continuously ringing PRC's bell saying "Hey give us one fighter which we can claim as ours and convince our 'junta' that we have also developed a fighter indigenously and that too faster than LCA and like always we got ahead of Bharat"

#PRC replied " Hey transfer us the money you got from uncle Sam, we will use it to buy Mig-33 design and test data. This will make Russians happy and will surely agree to supply RD-93, after that our Chinese engineers under Russian experts will build and develop Mig-33 and once done we will rename it to 'JF-17 Bunder' and then you can fly it on your national day and convince your junta that Pakistan had the talent and now JF-17 is proof".

In sum, Mig-33 alias JF-17 design and test data was bought at the cost of scrap, Chinese industry got business without spending a single penny and pakistan got all what you know using uncle SAM's money.

"It will not cost you anything if you cook Matar-Paneer by buying cheeses and pea using money you got as beg, using masala and all that stolen from a store and cooking it in your neighbour's kitchen"

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Hi, i am very new to this thread, i have a question that Why the IAF is planing to purchase G 4.5 126 MRCA, when they have LCA is 4 + G fighter , Su30MKI , at the performance base Su30mki is the best plane in this region and i hope india can easily purchase or produce these fighters on to his own. ?
Do you think, mid-fielders are required in a soccer team even when having strikers and defenders? If yes then you know why MRCAs are needed.

SHASH2K2

Buddy with the present configuration LCA is way ahead then JF-17
We should not only be worried about JF 17 . we should try to match J10 . Thats our biggest threat as they will be deployed in big numbers by Chinese.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles