LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
check the encircled welding spot of Pipe...a million dollar (even if it is a prototype) aircraft can't have such type craftsmanship...check Nuts & Bolts too near this pipe....Not up to the standards even after producing 30+ LCA aircrafts
Ah lmao

NLCA is a prototype, so it isnt being mass manufactured. Weld seems perfectly fine, no issues with it. And the paint deteriorating on naval aircraft is nothing new. Doesnt affect functionality at all unless the metal is allowed to rust, which it doesnt seem to be doing.

I thought there was some actual flaw 😂.

AVAST

Country flag
Ah lmao

NLCA is a prototype, so it isnt being mass manufactured. Weld seems perfectly fine, no issues with it. And the paint deteriorating on naval aircraft is nothing new. Doesnt affect functionality at all unless the metal is allowed to rust, which it doesnt seem to be doing.

Aluminum doesn't corrode easily. will take 30 years before it shows any sign

skunk works

Country flag
View attachment 197015
Offtopic but since some people are worried about scratches in an aircraft let me show you something. this is how the wheel well of the Boeing 747 looked like when it was used for VIP transport.
And that's normal. People don't realize a lot of these things are older than they are. Couple that with repeated pressurization and depressurization cycles.

skunk works

Country flag
Who the f%&@ are these clowns complaining about paint bullshit again and again? Why are 14 year Olds allowed to have an opinion? I do no have the patience to teach zoomers about salt water corrosion, and why you don't buy used cars that have been driven in a coastal area.
Ah lmao

NutCracker

Country flag
check the encircled welding spot of Pipe...a million dollar (even if it is a prototype) aircraft can't have such type craftsmanship...check Nuts & Bolts too near this pipe....Not up to the standards even after producing 30+ LCA aircrafts
Too much bullshit in single comment that I had to return and point out it one by one.

NLCA's both prototypes were among first 10-15 LCA ever made.
So what you are watching is pre 2015 production.

Last edited:

MonaLazy

France is producing its own fighter jets since mid 20th century... Can't compare.
India also needs to quit fighter jet imports in toto to be able to brandish a similar legacy. We should be able to say the upcoming Rafale Ms for IN and maybe F-35 for IAF (long shot but if they open up the tech for 116kN GE F414 and also enhance it further with new materials then anything's possible) are going to be the last fighter aircraft imports otherwise it will never stop.

Mk2 may be late but that is not because of ADA. We are dealing with the trio of GoI+IAF+ADA and the process being followed is rigidly sequential (each entity adds some delay to the cumulative whole) where GoI takes time releasing funds and IAF takes time approving PDR/CDR.

Secondly the delay in Mk2 has been catered for with a filler order of 50 Mk1A hopefully in 2024-25 🤞.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles