LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
As I said, flights done by very few experimental test pilots cannot replace hundreds of inputs provided by actual users aka pilots. And weapons test have to be conducted as well on Uttam.
Don’t fly the chickens before they are hatched. Uttam will take its own sweet time to mature and that can happen only after it’s inducted into airforce in significant numbers
aren't the weapons test done along with flight test?

Blackmamba

Country flag
US and Israel is powerhouse in radars because of software and the tons of data they have gathered over the years which help them refine the hardware. Ours are patting ourselves on our back without having single radar operational. Pilots will see and use radars in a different way than scientists.
Oh my lets see how super duper software worked under battle condition

F/A-18 Super Hornet Missed Syrian Su-22 With Its First Sidewinder Missile (popularmechanics.com)
"According to CNN, the Navy Super Hornet locked onto the Su-22 Fitter at a range of 1.5 miles. The Super Hornet launched an AIM-9X, and the Syrian pilot loosed flares to lure the infrared guided missile away from his fighter. The trick worked, and the American missile missed."
"
So why did the AIM-9X miss? A contributor to Combat Aircraft magazine proposed a plausible theory: While the 9X is designed to resist the allure of defensive flares, but it may have been too specialized in rejecting American flares. Contributor Angad Singh tweeted a story originally written by aviation authority Bill Sweetman about American tests of Soviet aircraft during the Cold War."

What happened next surprised the Air Force. The AIM-9P Sidewinder, designed to see past flares, was readily diverted by the Soviet flares. The problem was that the -9P was too attuned to the characteristics of American flares it had been tested against and not against the Soviet flares, which according to the squadron commander between 1985 and 1987 were "dirty, and none of them looked the same." .

johnj

Oh my lets see how On 18 June 2017, a United States Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Air Force Su-22 Fitter with an AIM-120 AMRAAM missile worked under battle condition

F/A-18 Super Hornet Missed Syrian Su-22 With Its First Sidewinder Missile (popularmechanics.com)
"According to CNN, the Navy Super Hornet locked onto the Su-22 Fitter at a range of 1.5 miles. The Super Hornet launched an AIM-9X, and the Syrian pilot loosed flares to lure the infrared guided missile away from his fighter. The trick worked, and the American missile missed."
"
So why did the AIM-9X miss? A contributor to Combat Aircraft magazine proposed a plausible theory: While the 9X is designed to resist the allure of defensive flares, but it may have been too specialized in rejecting American flares. Contributor Angad Singh tweeted a story originally written by aviation authority Bill Sweetman about American tests of Soviet aircraft during the Cold War."

What happened next surprised the Air Force. The AIM-9P Sidewinder, designed to see past flares, was readily diverted by the Soviet flares. The problem was that the -9P was too attuned to the characteristics of American flares it had been tested against and not against the Soviet flares, which according to the squadron commander between 1985 and 1987 were "dirty, and none of them looked the same." .
What are u saying ?
''On 18 June 2017, a United States Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Air Force Su-22 Fitter with an AIM-120 AMRAAM missile''
USING
'' super duper software ''
FYI he is talking about fighter jet radar not about missile seeker.

Blackmamba

Country flag
What are u saying ?
''On 18 June 2017, a United States Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Air Force Su-22 Fitter with an AIM-120 AMRAAM missile''
USING
'' super duper software ''
FYI he is talking about fighter jet radar not about missile seeker.
Did you miss out this quote
"The AIM-9P Sidewinder, designed to see past flares, was readily diverted by the Soviet flares. The problem was that the -9P was too attuned to the characteristics of American flares it had been tested against and not against the Soviet flares, which according to the squadron commander between 1985 and 1987 were "dirty, and none of them looked the same." . "

johnj

Did you miss out this quote
"The AIM-9P Sidewinder, designed to see past flares, was readily diverted by the Soviet flares. The problem was that the -9P was too attuned to the characteristics of American flares it had been tested against and not against the Soviet flares, which according to the squadron commander between 1985 and 1987 were "dirty, and none of them looked the same." . "
Did you miss out this quote -
''FYI he is talking about fighter jet radar not about missile seeker''
Difference is very huge like calculator & computer.

IndianHawk

Country flag
As I said, flights done by very few experimental test pilots cannot replace hundreds of inputs provided by actual users aka pilots. And weapons test have to be conducted as well on Uttam.
Don’t fly the chickens before they are hatched. Uttam will take its own sweet time to mature and that can happen only after it’s inducted into airforce in significant numbers
Uttam is not developed in a vacuum.
It is being benchmarked against current operational radars including elta 2052 by Israel which is already deployed on jaguars and is being integrated with initial batch of mk1a. Uttam compares favorably.

Other benchmarks are also available in terms of rbe aesa in rafale .

It is in comparison to these that uttams performance is measured.

Blackmamba

Country flag
Did you miss out this quote -
''FYI he is talking about fighter jet radar not about missile seeker''
Difference is very huge like calculator & computer.
Ok so uncle sam make excellent software for radar but shitty software for imaging infrared seeker got it.

johnj

Ok so uncle sam make excellent software for radar but shitty software for imaging infrared seeker got it.
Good. United States Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Air Force Su-22 Fitter with an AIM-120 AMRAAM missile - conclusion of your aim9x post.
At least they are abe to make iir seeker with a lots of exports, a large no.of aesa radar also.
Funny thing is Israel also able to find a customer for their old elm 8052 aesa radar.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Oh my lets see how super duper software worked under battle condition

"

Exactly what I was talking about and reason I call our radar paper tiger at this point. The Americans had a chance to test their missile and radars in actual wars and they had a chance to refine. They assumed it would work, failed and probably worked on to rectify this mistake.

But Indian radar or missile never had this chance in the first place. Until unless it’s tested in war, there can be very less improvements. To have an change it needs to be on fighters, which still has not happened. So don’t come here lecture what Indian scientists claim as The Truth. If what they say is true, Mk2 prototype would have been completed by now.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Exactly what I was talking about and reason I call our radar paper tiger at this point. The Americans had a chance to test their missile and radars in actual wars and they had a chance to refine. They assumed it would work, failed and probably worked on to rectify this mistake.

But Indian radar or missile never had this chance in the first place. Until unless it’s tested in war, there can be very less improvements. To have an change it needs to be on fighters, which still has not happened. So don’t come here lecture what Indian scientists claim as The Truth. If what they say is true, Mk2 prototype would have been completed by now.
Does your diet includes dumborric idiotite in it ? Cause dude for radars ,you need to track objects, fix the software , find loopholes during operation , radars work all the time on border , monitoring enemy activity , civilian flights , our own planes and even birds too , so don't give me this shit , you maybe too disconnected from academia and their development but have some common sense to learn things and change opinions over time

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Does your diet includes dumborric idiotite in it ? Cause dude for radars ,you need to track objects, fix the software , find loopholes during operation , radars work all the time on border , monitoring enemy activity , civilian flights , our own planes and even birds too , so don't give me this shit , you maybe too disconnected from academia and their development but have some common sense to learn things and change opinions over time
I work in electronics and I know what I am talking about. Every product goes through phases like DVT-1,2.., EVT and finally PVT, and that’s when mass prototypes are manufactured and tested (much like Beta software releases). This is where the product development is expected to be in the last phase. When I as an test engineer finds fault (it’s my job), the designer gets cuckoled and it goes back to DVT phase.

Much more funny stuffs. We find faults after the product is released to manufacturing. That’s when I get cuckoled. Manufacturing introduces new unknown stuffs which I am also expected to simulate and find issues. This is all for an normal electronic product. Am currently working on 5G/LTE products and though I have no experience on radar, development phases are similar or more tough.

Uttam radar and static radars are different. Not a single Uttam radar has been deployed yet. If fighter radar is very easy as you speak, every country including Pakistan would have it. It needs to be compact, cooling, power safety and emc issues to deal with. If it carries jammer and EW pod, that radar is still needs to be refined.

Yup go trust our babus and trust blindly what they say. Firstly try to have decent conversation even if it’s ananymous , idiot.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I work in electronics and I know what I am talking about. Every product goes through phases like DVT-1,2.., EVT and finally PVT, and that’s when mass prototypes are manufactured and tested (much like Beta software releases). This is where the product development is expected to be in the last phase. When I as an test engineer finds fault (it’s my job), the designer gets cuckoled and it goes back to DVT phase.

Much more funny stuffs. We find faults after the product is released to manufacturing. That’s when I get cuckoled. Manufacturing introduces new unknown stuffs which I am also expected to simulate and find issues. This is all for an normal electronic product. Am currently working on 5G/LTE products and though I have no experience on radar, development phases are similar or more tough.

Uttam radar and static radars are different. Not a single Uttam radar has been deployed yet. If fighter radar is very easy as you speak, every country including Pakistan would have it. It needs to be compact, cooling, power safety and emc issues to deal with. If it carries jammer and EW pod, that radar is still needs to be refined.

Yup go trust our babus and trust blindly what they say. Firstly try to have decent conversation even if it’s ananymous , idiot.
So you mean that the supplier provide the radar and it get tested without involvement of user ,sure 😂

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Despite all the allegations of bribary and corruption in the RMAF, KAI takes the deal.
1677245744545.png

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Despite all the allegations of bribary and corruption in the RMAF, KAI takes the deal.
View attachment 194860
It's very disappointing to hear the news about FA-50 getting selected over Tejas but what has happened has happened, we can't do anything about it, I always doubted from the starting that RMAF would go for Tejas. Better to focus on meeting our own airforce's requirements & pitching Tejas in other nations like Armenia, Egypt etc.

Articles