LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Abdus Salem killed

Porkies has but somehow managed to keep their military up to date. Argentina on other hand is much weaker than they were in 80s
Somehow lol they are the bitches of two of the most powerful nations
When these nations say jump pakis ask how high 😂
All thier equipment is foriegn they have no patents no end they develop nothing
This will allow them some succes but later they will suffer

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
That has more to do with certain "internal" issues that are against spending on defense, but lets not derail the thread..
Regarding that,
They are unlikely to buy tejas or any other fighter jet .
The most advance jet they have is A-4 Fightinghaw,
which is not even a fighter.
So need to increase their budget massively to buy tejas and also they don't have any immediate need unless UK balkanize and they try to take back falklands

Abdus Salem killed

Regarding that,
So need to increase their budget massively to buy tejas and also they don't have any immediate need unless UK balkanize and they try to take back falklands
Argentina is an extremely large nation for the number of people
It just has to do some restructuring and mining and they can easily become rich west gives them money bcs they are extremely high in resources nothing like pakis

Roland55

Country flag
Regarding that,
Increasing the budget is elemental, and was contemplated in the adquisition (not in the budget of the purchase, but in the whole budget of the air force). And it remains a very important aspect, mainly the reason why the FAA was seeing this single engine options that are more affordable to purchase and operate than the larger and more expensive planes.

EDIT: For me the choice is already taken, and its the F-16, the US can put a very relaxed paying program (FMS) and provide absolutely everything.

Abdus Salem killed

Regarding that,
Thier equipment is no existent bcs i beleive thier enemies are no existent who are thier enemies anyway ?
@Roland55

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Thats probably the most used argument by arg politicians from 2000-to today. But idk, chile or brazil dont have enemies...and they have the best equipped AF in the region (Gripen and F-16) :scared2:
Brazil is economically most superior in south america.
Argentina is living on loans.
Instead of tejas we should pitch archer drone it has much better chance of getting selected

Roland55

Country flag
Yes , but we can pitch them other equipments also
There was some sort of try at that, with the LCH and LUH, but afaik...both are too early for a purchase (and the FAA already got Bell 407GXis). Even all of that, i think the FAA still purchases spares for the Lama helicopters from india (the HAL cheetah)

BTW, parts of the 407GXi are produced in india...soo, thats something i guess?

Blademaster

Putting aside the issue of people of Pakistan aside, as an Asian , it’s outright disrespectful that Argentina has got so much leeway from IMF than Pakistan. I believe it’s cos of “white” people. Last year they got 6B. I think in the last 20 years they have got 41B worth of IMF bailouts.
Who cares? I’d rather that Argentina get the bailouts instead of Pakistan because it means that our immediate neighbor will have its own problems to deal with as opposed to one that can resolve its own problems and start being a problem for us.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Putting aside the issue of people of Pakistan aside, as an Asian , it’s outright disrespectful that Argentina has got so much leeway from IMF than Pakistan. I believe it’s cos of “white” people. Last year they got 6B. I think in the last 20 years they have got 41B worth of IMF bailouts.
Aren't argentians like mexican by race ?
Mexicans aren't considered as white

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles