LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
GSh-30-1 mass is shown as 46kg while aden cannon is 190kg maybe thats why
Mass factor is correct albeit numbers given here for GSh-30-1 is for gun only while ADEN's is with 200 rounds of ammo, empty ADEN weights about 87.1 Kg ; twice than Gsh-30-1; but for a 50s era gun i consider this weight mostly ok if we could go through an indigeneous modernisation effort with that design maybe we could shed some mass off of it ?

also, the 30mm ammo used in both is quite different,
30x165mm for GSh-30-1, AP variant has mass of ~880 grams pe round
vs
30x111mm for ADEN, AP variant has mass of ~550 grams per round

so that way mass factor also plays a role,

and for a fair comparison GSh-23-2 gun only mass is ~50 Kg, and each 23x115mm AP variant has mass of ~332 grams

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
What is with Indians and shitty cringy music in the background of everything. I'd much rather hear that gun firing.
Might be a sweeping statement but "We lack aesthetics".
Have a doubt? Look at our best cities, they look like a unpleasant mess

skunk works

Country flag
Irrespective of it's fare share of accidents f35 considered to be the best but without accident also Indian platforms not trusted by our air forces. Always want to test test test. This insanity not even left for Ruston drone.
With how many built, F35 crashes are not extraordinary at all. We can make fun of it for meme purposes, doesn't change the fact that the F35 is the future.

sakalasiva

Country flag
With how many built, F35 crashes are not extraordinary at all. We can make fun of it for meme purposes, doesn't change the fact that the F35 is the future.
I am not saying f35 is bad or neither saying tejas is best. What I am saying is every platform is not perfect and mature over time. IAF and army does not have an issue with any non perfect foreign platform by the time of inducting gant or mig 21 they are not fully capable but they acquired them in huge nos. But always skeptic about indian platforms from marut, tejas or rustom.

Defcon 1

Country flag
IAF was forced to order 83 LCA unless they are forced again they won't place order on their own
A follow up order requires less confidence than ordering a new platform
Also, one alternative option (Russia) has been removed.
Also, with completion of deliveries of Su30MKI and Rafale, Tejas is the only plane on order. IAF must take what is available.

Actual order might still be years away, but the process must be started. IAF should send a proposal to MOD for acceptance. If IAF won't do it, someone in charge of planning from MOD should get it started.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
A follow up order requires less confidence than ordering a new platform
Also, one alternative option (Russia) has been removed.
Also, with completion of deliveries of Su30MKI and Rafale, Tejas is the only plane on order. IAF must take what is available.

Actual order might still be years away, but the process must be started. IAF should send a proposal to MOD for acceptance. If IAF won't do it, someone in charge of planning from MOD should get it started.
It's completely possible but the thing is that IAF is barely showing any interest in indigenous product especially under current chief he only want MRFA .

Defcon 1

Country flag
It's completely possible but the thing is that IAF is barely showing any interest in indigenous product especially under current chief he only want MRFA .
I don't see a reason for gloominess.

Su 30 MKI episode proved that IAF will order what is available. And tejas is the only plane that is available. But I do hope that they get around to it quickly. Last 2 years, indian defence progress has been depressing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles