LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Blademaster

How is it you are unable to understand simple things in first go?
IAF is more than satisfied with the performance of MB ejection seat.
It is Argentinians who prefer American ejection seat and not IAF. IAF doesn't want to change the ejection seat.
If we are going to change the ejection seat for Argentinians and invest time, money and energy in re-engineering the replacement of MB ejection seat then why not use the one your customer prefers.
Under any conditions IAF is going to use MB ejection seat only.
How difficult is this to understand?
Use little bit of brains instead of doing Russian dalali all the time.
Again you fail to understand the simplest point I am trying to make!!!! Even though Argentinians want a US made seat it is not a deal breaker as long as it is non British. HAL can kill two birds with one stone by certifying the Russian version ejection seat for the LCA and save lots of money and time in the long run and make it sanctioned proof. If Argentinians wants to go for the US seat it end up costing more money and more time. So HAL can just tell them no either MB or Russian seat and the odds are that the Argentinians will acquiesce because the ejection seat origin issue is small potatoes to getting a world class fighter jet on affordable terms.

Seriously please stop breeding so we can halt the propagating of your DNA which obviously results in deficient cognitive thinking.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Why it is so hard to maintain a good looking photo on wikipedia

This is the most used tejas photo on internet. For god's sake at least for internet upload good photo.

look at photo uploaded by south korea

or pakistan jf-17

HAL want billion dollar contracts with zero marketing effort.
So you think the guys that make these purchase decisions do so based on Wikipedia images?

the SP airframes are as high quality as you’ll find anywhere in the West, if RMAF have visited HAL they’ll have seen this for themselves

i wonder what they’ll think when they go to CAC and see the hinges from a DIY kit on the JF-17B

MirageBlue

Country flag

Get to see No.45 Squadron 'Flying Daggers' fighters and pilots in action. Pilots were wearing the Elbit DASH HMDS. Even the flight suit that the Tejas pilots are wearing is indigenous, having been developed by DRDO. If one notices closely, it is different from the flying overalls worn by Su-30 pilots.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag

Get to see No.45 Squadron 'Flying Daggers' fighters and pilots in action. Pilots were wearing the Elbit DASH HMDS. Even the flight suit that the Tejas pilots are wearing is indigenous, having been developed by DRDO. If one notices closely, it is different from the flying overalls worn by Su-30 pilots.
Yeah good to see the HMDS being used by frontline guys, they had seemed to be missing during the early days of 45 squadron.

the flying overalls are the same across the IAF, what I think you mean is they are wearing chest rigs That typically Russian fighter pilots (and by extension the IAF pilots that flew Russian types) would not do (g-suit trousers only). This has been the norm for the LCA program from the very start as LCA has always been a more contemporary and western inspired effort but even if you look at the SU crews in IAF these days I’m pretty sure they’ve adopted the same chest rigs as the rest of the fleet. The Rafale pilots though have an entirely different all-body suit directly imported from France which is not like anything any other type in IAF has

MirageBlue

Country flag
Yeah good to see the HMDS being used by frontline guys, they had seemed to be missing during the early days of 45 squadron.

the flying overalls are the same across the IAF, what I think you mean is they are wearing chest rigs That typically Russian fighter pilots (and by extension the IAF pilots that flew Russian types) would not do (g-suit trousers only). This has been the norm for the LCA program from the very start as LCA has always been a more contemporary and western inspired effort but even if you look at the SU crews in IAF these days I’m pretty sure they’ve adopted the same chest rigs as the rest of the fleet. The Rafale pilots though have an entirely different all-body suit directly imported from France which is not like anything any other type in IAF has
The flying overalls are NOT the same across the IAF.

I had been to Aero India 2013 when the LCA flying suit was displayed. It was mentioned that the flame retardant anti-g suit was being developed by DEBEL, a DRDO lab, for the LCA and was different than the ones that were imported for the Su-30MKIs and other imported fighters.

The indigenous LCA flying suit included the flying overall as well as a separate FR aircrew survival jacket with PU bladder (that inflated and put pressure on the pilot's torso when g-forces were encountered) and floatation as well as the flame retardant gloves, which isn't present on the imported Russian anti-g suits. The intention was stated to be able to use it for other fighter types including Jaguars and Mirage-2000s as well.

The Su-30MKI pilots seem to wear a simpler upper body vest with the inflatable floatation devices but not the full-jacket that LCA Tejas pilots wear. These are also very likely developments of the DEBEL developed flight suit, but one can't be sure.

Tejas pilots are better protected, given their jacket and overalls are both Flame retardant. Same with the Rafale pilots.

Over the three years, DRDO has developed a number of defence equipment which have been used by the Defence Forces. Some of the significant systems are Flame Retardant Flying Clothing, such as Flying Overall, Flying Gloves for the Pilots of Light Combat Aircraft,
DEBEL transferred the technology to manufacture these Flame Retardant anti-g suit and jackets to several private vendors including M/s. Bengal Waterproof Ltd. as well as M/s. Superior Fabrics, New Delhi, M/s ANISA, Noida and M/s Arnaf Futuristic Technologies Ltd, New Delhi.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Why it is so hard to maintain a good looking photo on wikipedia

This is the most used tejas photo on internet. For god's sake at least for internet upload good photo.

look at photo uploaded by south korea

or pakistan jf-17

HAL want billion dollar contracts with zero marketing effort.
This photo of Tejas is better than the other two you are showing. Better clarity and resolution.
It's locked, if someone has resources then one can update this pic.

View attachment 173242

It should always be with refueling probe

View attachment 173243
I have privileges on wikipedia to edit any locked page. But no, you shouldn't change lead pics of critical topics without discussing with fellows and reaching a consensus.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
This photo of Tejas is better than the other two you are showing. Better clarity and resolution.

I have privileges on wikipedia to edit any locked page. But no, you shouldn't change lead pics of critical topics without discussing with fellows and reaching a consensus.
Same

Also, you need to make sure picture is free to use, and no copyright etc is there. Else will be removed rather quickly.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
How was everything in LCA’s favour? Is anything LCA was always the outside contender here and KA-50 the clear favourite from the outset. This purchase is literally for a LIFT- that’s exactly what the KA-50 is. Most of LCA’s benefits are outside of the purview of a pure LIFT competition. In a competition of a dedicated LIFT vs a 2 seat version of a combat fighter the LIFT is the favourite every time.

If LCA was going into competitions for MRCA where countries are looking to replace their legacy fighters like MIG-21/F5 then it has a decent chance

the thing that pi$$es me off the most about this situation is purely the Indian media once again exposing themselves as hacks with no credibility. For weeks they said LCA was favourite and even a contract was weeks/days away, I never believed it because I know how full of bs they are but the constant stream of articles saying LCA is favourite leaking into international publications thanks to Indian media is just embarrassing.
The tender was for 10 LCA and 8 LIFt not all LIFTs

NutCracker

Country flag

Even JF17 and FA50 's pics on WIKI are not that high rez , First pic that I posted our LCA is carrying three external tanks and also flaunting its airbrakes and InFLight refueling probe.

MirageBlue

Country flag
what does it mean, care to explain
Have you ever even seen a fighter from up close?

Anyone expecting a fighter to look like a show-room car for marketing purposes misses the very point of what they are. They're war fighting machines, exposed to the elements, flying supersonic and parked out in the open for long periods. The grime, dust and dirt is a badge of pride, it shows the fighter is being used heavily. I've seen US Navy jets (T-45 Goshawk and Super Hornet) and US Air Force fighters (F-15C, F-16 and A-10s) up close and if you feel that only IAF jets are dirty you're wrong BIG TIMe! They're bog dirty at times. Maintainers worry about the systems working perfectly for the next sortie, not so much about how clean or dirty the jet looks.

Unless you're expecting that the IAF employ cleaners to keep their jets spic and span so they can get good PR material.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Even JF17 and FA50 's pics on WIKI are not that high rez , First pic that I posted our LCA is carrying three external tanks and also flaunting its airbrakes and InFLight refueling probe.
images (24).jpeg

I truly support what you say. Today's lack of marketting PR and info warfare makes it apt for a worthy contendor like MK1A to be shown in negative light. And trust me, Pakistanis will do it even for free. With the shoddy and "ye old" camera skills of our sarkari cameramen(often showing more pics of random women and top brass rather than the product), you cannot really expect a good long lasting image to be set infront of International media & public.

Yesterday a DFI member had posted a youtube video of Tejas at Sulur airbase uploaded originally by ANI. I mean damn these video editors need to be kicked out of the studio for attempting such a harrowing background music. Check out this random comment :

Screenshot_20220927-022412_YouTube.jpg

Finally, my point is: it is perhaps upto fans like us to upload decent and infact armed to the teeth MK1As in various defence forums, wikipedia, etc wherever we can. Will it affect sales of Tejas? Maybe no...but it will definitely improve MK1A's image worldwide.

ClawReed787

Country flag
View attachment 173341

I truly support what you say. Today's lack of marketting PR and info warfare makes it apt for a worthy contendor like MK1A to be shown in negative light. And trust me, Pakistanis will do it even for free. With the shoddy and "ye old" camera skills of our sarkari cameramen(often showing more pics of random women and top brass rather than the product), you cannot really expect a good long lasting image to be set infront of International media & public.

Yesterday a DFI member had posted a youtube video of Tejas at Sulur airbase uploaded originally by ANI. I mean damn these video editors need to be kicked out of the studio for attempting such a harrowing background music. Check out this random comment :

View attachment 173342

Finally, my point is: it is perhaps upto fans like us to upload decent and infact armed to the teeth MK1As in various defence forums, wikipedia, etc wherever we can. Will it affect sales of Tejas? Maybe no...but it will definitely improve MK1A's image worldwide.
Wow someone who understands 👏.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If someone wants to update the photo of Tejas in its Wikipedia page then here are some photos which you could use, tbh, the photo of Tejas which has already been posted on its wiki page is good enough, it's better than photos of FA-50 and JF-17 on their respective wiki page. Now here are some photo suggestions from my side. I already had these in my files.
20220303_165009.jpg
20220303_164811.jpg
20220303_092143.jpg
20211225_154755.jpg

One of the photos that is the last photo in the last spoiler of this post is clicked by a photographer named Praneeth Franklin, so I don't know if we can use photos clicked by such people as there is chance that we might run into copyright issues as such but other photos can be used as far as I know.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
View attachment 173341

View attachment 173342

Link to this video please. I seriously want to see the "saas-bahu type serial" editing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles