LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

johnj

also getting tejas will guarantee that Russian missiles are also integrated at about free of cost. I dont know if SK will help integrating RUssian weapons . Surely will charge plenty.

IDK what their defence bureaucracy is even thinking. Maybe religion is the only basis on which Tejas will lose.
I read somewhere, they want to get rid of those, including mkm due spare issue and interested in f16

NutCracker

Country flag
I read somewhere, they want to get rid of those, including mkm due spare issue and interested in f16
they are poor country , they are haggling for few mil per plane, imagine buying SH block 50/72 , even 2nd hand via american will bleed them.
they are planning to fly su30 till 2030-35 at least , with only 2 years of spare parts left.

jai jaganath

Country flag
we are assuming that they are democracy . but like pakistan their military also might be running by radical filths.

See if malaysian govt changes and some radical islamist came back to the power, then either Govt will have to control or airforce has to suffer.

maybe thats why army is not taking chance with Indian jet.
See bro their primary enemy is China and let's keep trade and business out of it
Their mod knows that how much radical Islamists come to power they have to be in us camp
So both SK or Indian won't trouble as both are usa ally them and those radicals can't create problem as their capability will decrease against China
If both the competitors are usa ally then the best product must get selected

jai jaganath

Country flag
they are poor country , they are haggling for few mil per plane, imagine buying SH , even 2nd hand via american will bleed them.
they are planning to fly su30 till 2030-35 at least , with only 2 years of spare parts left.
Exactly they will definitely face problems in future wrt mkms
So a deal with India is very essential
But I think they are also filled with lobby gernails and shifting sides wrt money

johnj

Yeah could be but still paying such a price for trainer doesn't make sense
But yeah this move might indicate that in future they want to come much closer to USA
So if that's the point their mkms is of no use bcoz if they brought tejas they would have got serviceability and upgrades or maybe they don't want to use them in future and replace them with American one as u quoted
money issue, that why fighter-trainer aircraft. MKM is a heavy class jet, expensive to maintain, low mission rate etc and HAL already offered spare & support some 3~6 years back.[no takes, becz they maybe want f16, from old article, hence I'm using maybe. MKM/MKI like F15E, high & f16, light]
Yes, you are right, LCA better suited for malaysian AF now, with upgraded mkm[using new mki tech] spare/service and new combat jet.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Sorry in very light sense
Hal ka klpd ho gaya
Itna advertise kiya, palm oil keliye mou kiya, cmd media me chilaya
Par fir bhi har gaye
It is not confirmed whether RMAF has selected FA-50 or not. All these sources which are saying that FA-50 have been selected cannot be trusted. We need the official word from the Malaysian authorities. Remember how Pakistani media was saying that Malaysia selected JF-17? It could be the same case here as well.

There is still hope for Tejas to win this tender, Tejas is still the superior Platform to the FA-50.
Atleast Koreans were silent and were working rigorously and showed who is more powerful when it comes to dealing and forcing own terms on other
We must learn from them
Coming to the Koreans, now there are some internet rumours floating around at the same time saying that Koreans reportedly Bribed the Malaysian authorities into selecting the FA-50. As I said again, there is no official confirmation from anyone.
Now we have to handle humiliation in sm also
Kya bakchodi life hai
Again sorry for writing in this language
Why do you even care about what others say on SM? That is the least of my concern. What people say on SM does not change the fact that India is progressing ahead in marketing. Let people say what they want to say. "Apna Time ayega Bhai!".

johnj

they are poor country , they are haggling for few mil per plane, imagine buying SH block 50/72 , even 2nd hand via american will bleed them.
They learned hard way, the difference b/w heavy & light category jets. F 16 bk50/72, right ? yes.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Again that's not the case 😒
The new govt was in favour of tejas
Their establishment was on right track
They even signed mou for palm oil exchange that strengthens the above point
It is a last moment decision and we all here know how those things are done
i don't know why korean jet was chosen though and i don't what InFlUeNcE that korea has that india does not have.unless IF fa 50 was only chosen because they only wanted a trainer aircraft,i don't see any other reason.

or their establishment was straight-up bribed with cash i don't see any other influence.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
PLEASE NOTE : All news saying that Malaysia has selected FA-50 need further validation. Until and unless the Malaysian official give their official word on this, please don't believe these Reports. As far as I am concerned, RMAF will finalize the aircraft by next year. Tejas is still in the race.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
PLEASE NOTE : All news saying that Malaysia has selected FA-50 need further validation. Until and unless the Malaysian official give their official word on this, please don't believe these Reports. As far as I am concerned, RMAF will finalize the aircraft by next year. Tejas is still in the race.
How are your studies going mate , maths me konsa chapter chalu hai abhi aapke

MonaLazy

From an IAF personnel who trained on M88:

Doc, my younger brother too had some uncharitable views on Tejas earlier however post his new posting in Squadron 17, and spending time on M88, he has mellowed down.
His latest view is that Mk1A is as good as Rafale in terms of handling.. will be a very potent beast by Mk2

He says Tejas has better and more responsive engine, better TWR and also control laws are no slouch. His opinion is that IAF simply latched on Navy's demand of higher thrust otherwise current engine is more than enough.
Only few Aerodynamic chinks (due to short frame).

TWR may or may not be better, depending on what config we are talking about.
No surprises F404 is better, but its working better on LCA would indicate the intakes are not creating any bottleneck, bursting myth that LCA intakes are smaller than req and dont allow full thrust.

He has trained on M88 for more than a year in france

:balleballe:

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Yeah could be but still paying such a price for trainer doesn't make sense
But yeah this move might indicate that in future they want to come much closer to USA
So if that's the point their mkms is of no use bcoz if they brought tejas they would have got serviceability and upgrades or maybe they don't want to use them in future and replace them with American one as u quoted
It's an advanced trainer plus light fighter jet.

There is a lifecycle cost too which is generally cheaper for such trainer variants.

Having said that I don't know why are we so keen on getting an export order when we are struggling to get things right at home.

Exports will come there will be plenty of opportunities with Tejas mk2 etc .

After Russian adventure in Ukraine ... Nations are going to invest in their defense all around the world.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Man, I hope I can fly the Tejas one day. Looks like it is shaping up amazingly, listened to a few podcasts with experienced Tejas people who made the plane and the stuff I hear is always amazing. We came from zero to hero.
So , good sir are you a airforce pilot ?
Dont your terms of service restrict you from joining public forums like this?

omaebakabaka

i don't know why korean jet was chosen though and i don't what InFlUeNcE that korea has that india does not have.unless IF fa 50 was only chosen because they only wanted a trainer aircraft,i don't see any other reason.

or their establishment was straight-up bribed with cash i don't see any other influence.
Still not fully inducted in IAF, I think its a premature excitement.....we should wait for 1 gen before thinking of exporting. Whoever is focusing on exports hopefully are focussing 10 times more on getting it into domestic force sooner.

vishnugupt

Country flag
From an IAF personnel who trained on M88:

Doc, my younger brother too had some uncharitable views on Tejas earlier however post his new posting in Squadron 17, and spending time on M88, he has mellowed down.
His latest view is that Mk1A is as good as Rafale in terms of handling.. will be a very potent beast by Mk2

He says Tejas has better and more responsive engine, better TWR and also control laws are no slouch. His opinion is that IAF simply latched on Navy's demand of higher thrust otherwise current engine is more than enough.
Only few Aerodynamic chinks (due to short frame).

TWR may or may not be better, depending on what config we are talking about.
No surprises F404 is better, but its working better on LCA would indicate the intakes are not creating any bottleneck, bursting myth that LCA intakes are smaller than req and dont allow full thrust.

He has trained on M88 for more than a year in france

:balleballe:
Another words UN Airforce slowly and silently accepting the fact that they themself were biggest obstacle for Tejas.

30 years of development and Carrom board warriors were unaware about its capabilities despite of taking trials for 20 years.

Now we can safely assume why UN Generals are afraid of MWF.

Articles