• fast start up
  • take off in minimal distance
  • reached cruise altitude quickly
  • agile & powerful in close combat
  • can hold its own vs Mirage & Gripen
  • launched simulated missiles on 2 targets simultaneously
  • allocate targets from radar
  • map target even when flying above clouds without seeing it
  • once you have the map you can drop as many weapons on target with pin point accuracy
  • it's a true multirole fighter- performed multiple activities in a short span of time
  • Python, R-73 WVRAAM
  • Derby, Astra BVRAAM.. is Astra already integrated?
  • A2G 250kg, 450kg, 1000 pounder bombs
  • JDAM, HAMMER integration in the works
  • Rudram-1/2/3 & Brahmos (NG?)
  • Small aircraft but its 5 pylons are truly heavy-duty, can carry quite a large amount of mixed load
  • can manoeuvre in excess of 8G
  • powerful radar can scan and track 64+ targets & can launch missiles simultaneously on multiple targets
  • engaged for area dominance patrols from LAC to LoC
This is just Mk1 Tejas! Can't wait to see what Mk2 & AMCA add to IAF capability.

MirageBlue

Country flag
I wouldn’t be that surprised to learn it was a clean sheet design. Why would they change the label of SPORT and claim it a new product?

a delta planform is intrinsically less suitable for training purposes (even with a highly advanced FCS that attempts to prevent a loss of control) than a more conventional swept wing. Look at the competitions that HAL is putting the SPORT into (US, Aus and RMAF) and what it’s going up against in those competitions, the LCA does stand out being a high performance supersonic fighter.
It's been a while since they dumped the label SpORT and started using the term LIFT more. As things stand, the LCA Trainer is the variant that is being offered to the most customers including the IAF. Australia, Malaysia, USA were all offered trainer variants. HAL has to develop it further using elements of the Hawk-i for synthetic training aids as well as Tejas Mk2 such as LAD.

I have no doubt that HAL will eventually take up a new clean sheet design as well to replace the Hawk with an indigenous twin HTFE-25 powered AJT. But that is not a small task and will take a lot of time

abingdonboy

Country flag
:mod: please delete it duplicate

• fast start up
  • take off in minimal distance
  • reached cruise altitude quickly
  • agile & powerful in close combat
  • can hold its own vs Mirage & Gripen
  • launched simulated missiles on 2 targets simultaneously
  • allocate targets from radar
  • map target even when flying above clouds without seeing it
  • once you have the map you can drop as many weapons on target with pin point accuracy
  • it's a true multirole fighter- performed multiple activities in a short span of time
  • Python, R-73 WVRAAM
  • Derby, Astra BVRAAM.. is Astra already integrated?
  • A2G 250kg, 450kg, 1000 pounder bombs
  • JDAM, HAMMER integration in the works
  • Rudram-1/2/3 & Brahmos (NG?)
  • Small aircraft but its 5 pylons are truly heavy-duty, can carry quite a large amount of mixed load
  • can manoeuvre in excess of 8G
  • powerful radar can scan and track 64+ targets & can launch missiles simultaneously on multiple targets
  • engaged for area dominance patrols from LAC to LoC
This is just Mk1 Tejas! Can't wait to see what Mk2 & AMCA add to IAF capability.
At this point I don’t doubt the LCA’s capabilities. They are constantly expanding the envelope of that thing and reacting to market conditions. I just doubt the IAF’s desire to see the project be a success beyond inducting it to be their poster child for atmannir Bharat whilst they push for 100++ gold plated foreign toys.

just like IA did work Arjun IAF will see the LCA’s name run into the ground and declared the worst jet in existence (as many bloggers/analysts say about Arjun thanks to IA’s approach to it) that no foreign nation will want to touch with a barge pole-this will happen even earlier with LCA MK.2 and AMCA because those 2 directly threaten their import addiction.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I am eagerly awaiting to hear about aerodynamic improvements, weight reduction and increase in trans-sonic acceleration, improvement in AOA and STR and top speed. What I hear is AESA integration etc. Electronics will come and go. Any electronics will become obsolete in 5 years. What remains is platform. I want to see lighter, faster and more maneuverable Tejas with higher payload and longer range.

MonaLazy

anyone knows owner
Angad Maolankar s/o Commodore Jaideep Maolankar of NLCA fame

Angad Maolankar is keeping aviation geeks busy with fighter stickers. He is also the son of Commodore Jaideep Maolankar, who did the maiden landing of the Naval LCA and subsequent takeoff from the INS Vikramaditya.
@nolanentreeo
reports... #ReporterDiary

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles