LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
I am speaking about 2004 to 2014. Even Tejas inducted still it needs to be fitted with verity of missiles. With out fire power it can not be deployed in border.
No. 45 Squadron "Flying Dagger is deployed at LOC . Python 5 and hammer integration has been carried out . Russian air to air missiles were integrated long back as far as i know .

rohit b3

Country flag
No. 45 Squadron "Flying Dagger is deployed at LOC . Python 5 and hammer integration has been carried out . Russian air to air missiles were integrated long back as far as i know .
Hammer integration has not been certified for operation. Only captive trials have been completed . We should see the live trials soon. Astra and Asraam captive trials are in process.

NutCracker

Country flag
I am speaking about 2004 to 2014. Even Tejas inducted still it needs to be fitted with verity of missiles. With out fire power it can not be deployed in border.
Tejas mainly made is for patrolling and it has sufficient A2A firepower.

Mirage and jaguar will still do bombing runs till Tejas A2G matures by 2030.

johnj

Dude what you are expecting industry complex will grow overnight. Thanks to previous Govts policy of always import and never make attitude we lagged in defense industry considerably. Now when things are progressing you want to reset the development and again start importing. No nation will become super power with imported stuff.
I'm not interested in blame game. For your info, previous Govts were chosen by Indians & the gov employs Indians from top to bottom, hence at the end all blame comes to us all.
Also time & tide don't wait for humans nor the enemy and money matters, do you have any idea about the wealth of EU & UK.
Super power ?? imported stuff. ?? which superpower - china, russia, north korea. US import stuffs.
Countries import stuffs due to many reasons, ranging from sanctions removal, international support, veto support, to war fighting capability. We also build a defense industry using foreign <import stuffs> support<su30mki,t90,lca,ships,etc etc uses import stuffs, like wise p8 etc,import stuffs also having indian stuffs> and our industry complex is capable of delivering 4 & 4.5 gen stuffs excluding engine with little bit important content.
HAL is capable of manufacturing 4.5 gen jets and 5th ones, also capable of modifying production process.
<The issue lies in slow, very slow decision making process & late delivery>
<importing stuff is strength not weakness, but using this to slow down or destroy local R&D and industries is weakness, its like using iphone new vs feature phone>

sakalasiva

Country flag
I'm not interested in blame game. For your info, previous Govts were chosen by Indians & the gov employs Indians from top to bottom, hence at the end all blame comes to us all.
Also time & tide don't wait for humans nor the enemy and money matters, do you have any idea about the wealth of EU & UK.
Super power ?? imported stuff. ?? which superpower - china, russia, north korea. US import stuffs.
Countries import stuffs due to many reasons, ranging from sanctions removal, international support, veto support, to war fighting capability. We also build a defense industry using foreign <import stuffs> support<su30mki,t90,lca,ships,etc etc uses import stuffs, like wise p8 etc,import stuffs also having indian stuffs> and our industry complex is capable of delivering 4 & 4.5 gen stuffs excluding engine with little bit important content.
HAL is capable of manufacturing 4.5 gen jets and 5th ones, also capable of modifying production process.
<The issue lies in slow, very slow decision making process & late delivery>
<importing stuff is strength not weakness, but using this to slow down or destroy local R&D and industries is weakness, its like using iphone new vs feature phone>
I do not understand where you want to drive this topic. But I want to make one thing clear. Any super power design its own weapons sub components only they will import. And clearly I do not understand why import is a strength. Any country do not export any weapon to it's fullest potential. They will reduce it's performance than the weapons developed for domestic use. Also they will get leverage on you because they can stop components supplies for their products anytime and you bound to accept their terms to some extent for these reasons. Even India wants currently it can not cut ties with Russia completely for the same reason. Having these many things, where your foreign policy will be impacted by these stuff and you can not take decisions freely. How can you call yourself a super power??

MonaLazy

The SP25 Tejas MK1A is now flying with domestically developed unified electronic warfare suite (UEWS) suite, a new AESA radar, and a new MFD, a new IRST, and new MOS/LOS sensors.

Just to clear the air around IRST -- it is an external one. And MOS/LOS is Modular Optic System (MOS) and Line-of-Sight (LOS) sensors

Last edited:

johnj

I do not understand where you want to drive this topic. But I want to make one thing clear. Any super power design its own weapons sub components only they will import. And clearly I do not understand why import is a strength. Any country do not export any weapon to it's fullest potential. They will reduce it's performance than the weapons developed for domestic use. Also they will get leverage on you because they can stop components supplies for their products anytime and you bound to accept their terms to some extent for these reasons. Even India wants currently it can not cut ties with Russia completely for the same reason. Having these many things, where your foreign policy will be impacted by these stuff and you can not take decisions freely. How can you call yourself a super power??
No, I'm not a super power, or I want to call my country a superpower, but poverty free, corruption free, job for every one, low crime erte, developed & self reliant is enough, with a military force to protect & defend India from all kind of threat.
Its simple, super power not make any sense in multipolar world, and India or any independent decision making country never consider to became a slave nation, for ex india brought s400 with out caatsa.
Importing stuff shows ones economy and political power, for ex, rich people import luxury items, for nations high tech weapons<oem country don't sell their high tech to all, for ex f35 or usa ssn not for sale to india, currently> also importing stuff increase influence, and can use this to denay stuff to others or acquiring other stuff, for ex importing stuff helped india to remove sanctions, avoid sanctions, membership in mctr, nuclear deal with us, arihant subs etc and list go on............
In the case of warfare equipment, best way to fine tune a weapon is to send it to battlefield, and since our gov is not interested in sending troops to wage war around the world, importing stuff help to understand the new war machine and fine tune ours using the knowledge gained from import stuff, wargame exp etc. <a reason why chinese buy russian stuff like s400, su35>
Su30mki & f16 bk60 is superior to oem country air force versions, with max potential, also brahmos is better than other supersonic russian missiles.
Russia having veto power, plus what you said, import stuff, a lot of import stuff from energy to weapons etc.
Are you interested in WW3 - multiple superpower increases chances of nuclear war - do you have any idea how many nuclear tests conducted by two super power or the max combined nuclear weapons.
For your info, currently India/GoI not having any plans to become superpower, but 1. self reliance, 2. more jobs. and importantly - remove poverty plus hoping to become a developed country in future.
For chinese, independence form us and its pressure.
Just one superpower currently and in near future.
Now consider poverty,economy, developed status, stem superiority before considering super power.
I'm not interested in talking about super power in lca <or any other> thread.
Now, in the case of lca pgrm, ada & hal doing a great job, thanks to current gov, and deliver their goals on time<with a little delay, since its gov sector>

MonaLazy

So,
@HALHQBLR
has this to say in its Annual Report for 2021-2022:

'The 83 LCA MK1A program attained a major milestone
with the *first flight of the prototype* held on 20th May,
2022.'

Oh yes, HAL has also begun the development of the Hindustan Lead in Fighter Trainer or HLFT-42.

What is HLFT-42?

karn

Country flag

So,
@HALHQBLR
has this to say in its Annual Report for 2021-2022:

'The 83 LCA MK1A program attained a major milestone
with the *first flight of the prototype* held on 20th May,
2022.'

Oh yes, HAL has also begun the development of the Hindustan Lead in Fighter Trainer or HLFT-42.

What is HLFT-42?
If it is a LIFT can it be anything other than Tejas Sport ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles