LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Avionics, Composite aerostructures, radars, EO sensors, SDRs, Mission Computers, Flight computers, Control Laws.
What is timeline to develop 4 mtr 120kn engine for mk2 plus and amca? Realistically. I know this is last piece of puzzle to be independent in fighter jet program.

Can't DRDO, HAL, ISRO, come togather and do this in next 5 yrs the way we have done cryogenic engine for rocket?

We already have working kaveri engine, we have masterd some critical tech as well. What is stopping us to go all out and do this?

Between CE 20 engine by isro is most powerful cryogenic engine we have already.

Point is we have brain, but are we investing money as well?

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Dude what you are expecting industry complex will grow overnight. Thanks to previous Govts policy of always import and never make attitude we lagged in defense industry considerably. Now when things are progressing you want to reset the development and again start importing. No nation will become super power with imported stuff.
Plus many more nambis are silenced to sabotage us in defense technology. I think 10 more years and we will have economy to push money and well grown MIC in india.

karn

Country flag
What is timeline to develop 4 mtr 120kn engine for mk2 plus and amca? Realistically. I know this is last piece of puzzle to be independent in fighter jet program.

Can't DRDO, HAL, ISRO, come togather and do this in next 5 yrs the way we have done cryogenic engine for rocket?

We already have working kaveri engine, we have masterd some critical tech as well. What is stopping us to go all out and do this?

I can answer this one .. The materials that you need for a single use engine differ from one that needs to work over thousands of hours.
In rocket engines you have the option of cooling with coolant and cryogenic fuel.. you can even put ablative material on areas that get too hot.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
I can answer this one .. The materials that you need for a single use engine differ from one that needs to work over thousands of hours.
In rocket engines you have the option of cooling with coolant and cryogenic fuel.. you can even put ablative material on areas that get too hot.
ISRO is working on reusable engine already. I believe tech is there, but we work in silos.

Like in software company wherein each department writes the same code as if no other dept has done it. Total wastage of time, money, and men.

Sorry state of affairs.

karn

Country flag
ISRO is working on reusable engine already. I believe tech is there, but we work in silos.

Like in software company wherein each department writes the same code as if no other dept has done it. Total wastage of time, money, and men.

Sorry state of affairs.
Even a reusable rocket engine is overhauled between flights. You are making the mistake most managers make all code is same bro.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Even a reusable rocket engine is overhauled between flights. You are making the mistake most managers make all code is same bro.
I believe in usable code. 70% will be common. Point is why reinvent the wheel.

IndianHawk

Country flag

12-15 years on our own.
10 years if we get real tot from France ( which usually never happens but may happen if we pay a lot since west is moving on to next gen engines. ).
5 -7 yes if we get to a joint venture in which IP of core tech is held by foreign partner but we have total manufacturing rights domestically including exports so that no sanctions stops us in future.).

scatterStorm

Country flag
Its been some time, I was thinking of retiring over DFI, but some bad shit news today had my blood boil over. I have to come and write this out. I read a Mig crashed, killing two pilots. IAF for the first time is dumbing over Mig 21 early retirements.

IAF decision over Tejas and Migs is becoming a joke these days. Thank goodness my IAF buddy is now a ground SAM site operator. He was flying Migs, his twin brother when we lost in China virus, he stepped down to be safe and be available for his family. However two other pilots weren't lucky enough.

daya

Country flag
Saar ji, ye sab khel position ka hai... jo aaj ACM hai wo kabhi flying officer raha hoga... position badalte hi priorities badal jaati hain...

sakalasiva

Country flag
Its been some time, I was thinking of retiring over DFI, but some bad shit news today had my blood boil over. I have to come and write this out. I read a Mig crashed, killing two pilots. IAF for the first time is dumbing over Mig 21 early retirements.

IAF decision over Tejas and Migs is becoming a joke these days. Thank goodness my IAF buddy is now a ground SAM site operator. He was flying Migs, his twin brother when we lost in China virus, he stepped down to be safe and be available for his family. However two other pilots weren't lucky enough.
What IAF can do. We lost precious years from 2004 to 2014 without any aircraft purchase or induction. If our Congress Govt is so keen on purchasing vvip choppers than buying rafale. IAF is asking about MMRCA from vajpayee Govt and till now it has not taken off. Can you blame it on IAF.

NutCracker

Country flag
What IAF can do. We lost precious years from 2004 to 2014 without any aircraft purchase or induction. If our Congress Govt is so keen on purchasing vvip choppers than buying rafale. IAF is asking about MMRCA from vajpayee Govt and till now it has not taken off. Can you blame it on IAF.

MMRCA that cost 150M$ + 16-20k $ per hour to operate was going to replace mig-21 ???

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Rafale cnt be a replacement for migs . If that was the purpose we should have gone for grippen , f16 .

swapcv

Country flag
I wonder to ramp up Mig-21 retirements, can we order an extra batch of FOC Standard Tejas Mk.1 an accelerate their production schedule without disrupting Mk.1A and Mk.2 related activities and production.

sakalasiva

Country flag
Rafale cnt be a replacement for migs . If that was the purpose we should have gone for grippen , f16 .
I am not saying they are exact replacement. They will act as temporary resources before Tejas can be inducted. Recently when China tried to scramble jets near lac we have used rafale and su30 only. But actually it is the role of Tejas to act as interceptor. If you do not have resource only then what you will do than to depend on what ever you have

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
I am not saying they are exact replacement. They will act as temporary resources before Tejas can be inducted. Recently when China tried to scramble jets near lac we have used rafale and su30 only. But actually it is the role of Tejas to act as interceptor. If you do not have resource only then what you will do than to depend on what ever you have
Tejas is already inducted

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles