LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
MKI is a issue for IAF due to heavy class & two pilots.
Tejas - ioc not so good, foc ok, still not good.
rafale - too small in nos.
Mirage 2000 is better than lca mk1 foc.
Jaguar can do its job better with aesa/ew pod/asraam etc.
mig 29 also there with astra, and ..
Considering mki, iaf need mwf & mrfa urgentaly to provide support[army/navy] but currently can do its primary jobs [air defence] with current fleet.
Rest mk1a.mwf, mrfa,amca etc depends on future & additional 91[73 mk1a] lca & 90[99] plus mwf added to iaf in near future.
Major issue of lca, achieved foc[iaf] only in ??? operational capability in af ??? & hal training manul/easy maintaince support trainer etc for iaf ??? lets hope hal fast track everything in mk1a.
All IOC FOC tejas mk1s are upgradable to Tejas mk1A standards,

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Why does he have such an issue with LCA? I always find it weird to see that there are so many Indian defence ‘experts’ who have an issue explicitly with some projects. There are guys that almost exclusively attack the LCA, some that do the same for the ALH, some that do the same for the AMCA etc. the only explanation is they are influenced by specific OEMs with interests in targeting these projects because they compete with what they are pushing.

Another AF selecting LCA disproves most of the nonsense they push so they will fight it tooth and nail
He doent even know what is the meaning of IOC & FOC

reasons are not far to see,

he is an import shill,

unable to counter my arguments he has blocked me,

Whats the use

All my reply tweets are still visible in #TejasMk1 & #TejasMk1A hashtags

he cant block the whole twitter

You can go to #EGGSpurt hashtag to see that most of the negative news on tejas on is just motivated BS

These guys refuse to learn

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ramandeep Bajwa is an Idiot of the highest order, he reminds of the swine called Pravin Sawnhey. It's better to Ignore the comments made by people like him. If you read his Tweets, than you will realise that his knowledge about Tejas or defence as whole is trash.
He is not a idiot but a khalistani sympathiser you can see him replying porkistani ispr bots and pro isi handlesby dissing india.His hinduphobia has no ends .He knows once india start exporting military equipments these hamam group guys will be targeted.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
I always thought that Pakistanis had Inferiority Complex but I didn't know that it was this bad!

Look at this Fool
View attachment 164072

The guy does not know that the Tejas whose photo he is posting is that of a Naval LCA and that too this is a prototype. Prototypes like these are tested under harsh conditions and the Airframe is taken to a big limit and hence such things are expected but Pakistanis still don't understand anything!
before the the first Tejas was rolled out from brand new .08 mm tolerance production line in 2014

tejas was cobbled together from obsolete jaguar production line as hobby horse by HAL

because IAF &MOD has rejected ADA proposal to build a newer tech production line for tejas to build PVs & LSPs

Abdul kalam intervened to work out a compromise of TD first , PVs next and new production line once tech is proved .

SO fighters from old production line with tooling not meant for tejas will be a bit shoddy.

From 2014 onward new productionline came into operation, which will hv smoother finish

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Why does he have such an issue with LCA? I always find it weird to see that there are so many Indian defence ‘experts’ who have an issue explicitly with some projects. There are guys that almost exclusively attack the LCA, some that do the same for the ALH, some that do the same for the AMCA etc. the only explanation is they are influenced by specific OEMs with interests in targeting these projects because they compete with what they are pushing.

Another AF selecting LCA disproves most of the nonsense they push so they will fight it tooth and nail
I think its a paid tweet. He must have been paid either by import lobby or by Tejas's competitors in the competition.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
SU-30 MKI and LCA Tejas flying side by side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 163859

Credit of photo : Respective owners
Once super sukhoi upgrades go through

Massive AESA radar from Su 30 MKi flying far behind Tejas will relay target co ords to radar silent low RCS , longer BVR Missile firing tejas flying in front through IACCS nodes

A deadly combo in air combat

WIth CATS hunters teaming up with Tejas mk1 in future situation in air combat will go through revolutionary change

Only thing we dont know is when will SU 30 MKI upgrade start

johnj

All IOC FOC tejas mk1s are upgradable to Tejas mk1A standards,
Waiting.................................................................but first, let allow to HAL to deliver first batch to IAF.
HAL is doing great job under NDA, and delays are normal in gov sector.
Israel is very good with upgrading jets. [migs, jaguar, mirage etc]
Anyone's knows when GE deliver new batch/first of engines for mk1a ??

johnj

Once super sukhoi upgrades go through

Massive AESA radar from Su 30 MKi flying far behind Tejas will relay target co ords to radar silent low RCS , longer BVR Missile firing tejas flying in front through IACCS nodes

A deadly combo in air combat

WIth CATS hunters teaming up with Tejas mk1 in future situation in air combat will go through revolutionary change

super sukhoi is a term used by sukhoi to upgrade mki with fgfa tech
it is a cancelled program, like fgfa. Now russian offering upgrade based on su35 & su30sm.
IAF not interested in any of those.
Now drdo developing tech to upgrade/modify mki.
HAL upgrading some with astra/drdo bombs etc and also 2 sqn with brahmos AShM. & any major upgrade involves Russians. Most interested in aesa, once drdo complect with mwf rf/irst sensor, mki start getting news ones.
Mki already getting new bvr, standoff weapons, pgm, lgb, Ashm, ccm etc.
LCA mk1a radar capable of 200/250km vs 2/1m2. & curret bvr range 100km with nez 20km.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
MKI upgrade program is underway. It is taking in phased manner.
We are upgrading SDR and com-link first.
We are integrating DRDO/DARE EW Suite next.
I believe their are plans to upgrade mission computer and cockpit then.

Instead of upgrading everything at same time we will be upgrading avionic after avionics.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Mica ir/rf better than derby, spike for ground attack, internal guns ok, internal EW, MAWS not considering weight/range etc and lca still tested by hal. I'm only considering current conditions not future[mk1a ..]
Derby is a very capable missile in-fact we plan replace its R-77 missiles with I-Derby ER missiles making it one of standard BVR along with Astra in IAF. Derby's seeker and guidance computer is second to none. AFAIK Astra's seeker has dawn its inspiration somewhat from derby.
Same goes for Python and ASRAAM. In-fact we have decided to standardize ASRAAM as our CCM. Astra-Ir will also be inspired by ASRAAM.
Tejas can all sophisticated A-G weapons in IAF's inventory
Tejas can do much more than what Mirage can do.
Tejas has EW capability via pods and MAWS is under testing.
Tejas also field an indigenous targeting pod.
Tejas can carry more types of mission than Mirage.

johnj

Derby is a very capable missile in-fact we plan replace its R-77 missiles with I-Derby ER missiles making it one of standard BVR along with Astra in IAF. Derby's seeker and guidance computer is second to none. AFAIK Astra's seeker has dawn its inspiration somewhat from derby.
Same goes for Python and ASRAAM. In-fact we have decided to standardize ASRAAM as our CCM. Astra-Ir will also be inspired by ASRAAM.
Tejas can all sophisticated A-G weapons in IAF's inventory
Tejas can do much more than what Mirage can do.
Tejas has EW capability via pods and MAWS is under testing.
Tejas also field an indigenous targeting pod.
Tejas can carry more types of mission than Mirage.
I'm only considering current conditions not future
Till date only Derby, rest is near future. and inferior to mig 21 [ioc] like iaf said & foc inferior to m2k, what you are saying is future, and its depends on future gov, ada, hal etc.
In future lca comes with better weapons than you said, including astra mk2, mk3, cats, new ARM, ATGM, AShM, ccm, LGB. standoff weapons etc only we can guess and only issue is ge404, with desi engine, may be in future mk2 may use dew.[may be, who knows]

Arpuster

Country flag
Till date only Derby, rest is near future. and inferior to mig 21 [ioc] like iaf said & foc inferior to m2k, what you are saying is future, and its depends on future gov, ada, hal etc.
In future lca comes with better weapons than you said, including astra mk2, mk3, cats, new ARM, ATGM, AShM, ccm, LGB. standoff weapons etc only we can guess and only issue is ge404, with desi engine, may be in future mk2 may use dew.[may be, who knows]
Where IAF said so?? Source please

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
We have test-fired I-Derby ER missile from a Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) in Goa in April 2021, marking the Tejas LCA’s improved beyond visual range capabilities.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
More "my-take fartjobs" citing magical sources who are always anonymous.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
More "my-take fartjobs" citing magical sources who are always anonymous.

Turkish are saying they are in the forefront in the deal.
Koreans are saying they are in the forefront of the deal.
Indian Defense Infotainment Channels are saying Tejas is in the forefront of the deal.
1658470504591.png

SKC

Country flag
Turkish are saying they are in the forefront in the deal.
Koreans are saying they are in the forefront of the deal.
Indian Defense Infotainment Channels are saying Tejas is in the forefront of the deal.
View attachment 164825
Le Paki youtubers:
Humara Jangi Tyaara, Roohani Fighter -17 is in forefront in the deal!

Articles