LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Russia should never be integrated into Indian aerospace projects again even if only as a subsystem. They’ve chosen their side and path and it is one that is only going to cause more divergence with india going forward. As we have seen Western sanctions will
Be broad and will target vendors and sub-contractors. Even a slight connection with Russia would’ve caused LCA to be sanctioned by now and then you can kiss goodbye to any export prospects.

Russia is a power in decline and isn’t in a position to serve their own interests let alone India’s so keep away
Argentina has said that they won't prefer any British subsystem in Tejas. Do you have any better alternative?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
There is no change in outer design in Mk1A. Any design changes would be painful in terms of certification again. Internally yes, they are redistributing some components for easy maintenance. So none of the above you just posted above can be true without modifying the design.
Same question was asked and replied few post back. Please check.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Argentina has said that they won't prefer any British subsystem in Tejas. Do you have any better alternative?
Firstly- Can Argentina even be trusted to keep the LCA flyworthy? Are they going to pay for a PBL? Check their economy and the state of their military. They seem like another S.American liability like Ecuador that could only bring pain to the LCA’s image.

Secondly they are a unique case and perhaps the only nation on earth that would impose such a restriction on India, are they going to pay the cost of integrating a new seat? Is their potential order even large enough to recoup the cost of doing so if HAL eats the cost?

Lastly is india serious about pissing the Brits off over this subject? India should pursue its own interests first and foremost but it doesn’t seem like Argentina is a crown worth chasing

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Firstly- Can Argentina even be trusted to keep the LCA flyworthy? Are they going to pay for a PBL? Check their economy and the state of their military. They seem like another S.American liability like Ecuador that could only bring pain to the LCA’s image.

Secondly they are a unique case and perhaps the only nation on earth that would impose such a restriction on India, are they going to pay the cost of integrating a new seat? Is their potential order even large enough to recoup the cost of doing so if HAL eats the cost?

Lastly is india serious about pissing the Brits off over this subject? India should pursue its own interests first and foremost but it doesn’t seem like Argentina is a crown worth chasing

That will be taken care by negotiators of India. Don't ask me those things.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This is a discussion forum isn’t it? You asserted it should be pursued and I gave a counter as to why it shouldn’t.
Because to indulge into unfounded assumptions is a waste of time. If Argentina is not capable of making payment, India will not give Tejas at free of cost. If they have shown willingness and we have responded positively, your assumptions become baseless.

Roland55

Country flag
Argentina doesnt really have issues with Martin Baker seats (it is an operator of them) but if the change is absolutely necesary...US made Collins seats might do just fine..

The Argentine Air Force has its own maintenance centre, already visited by russians (mig), Koreans (KAI) and recently the Chinese (CATIC), all inspected the centre and deemed the place capable of conducting maintenance on the aircraft that they were trying to sell to the FAA. AMACUAR is by far a unique centre in latin america.

For the seat, thatll depend on the order and the negociations between the FAA and HAL...and yeah, argentina will surely pay for the seat integration.

Lastly, yeah india should pursue its own interest, and if selling aircraft to any nation interested is one of them...i cant see any issues with it. Im sure that ill piss the Uk less...unless they the British actually want the FAA to be equiped with chinese aircraft...right?

ObiWanKenobi

Country flag
No, it wasn't. The Tejas Mk1A will continue to have 8G max positive G load factor. Tejas Mk2 is targeted to be a 9G fighter.
Pretty sure Tejas can comfortably do 9G even now - our testing program is notoriously conservative. They will once day test at 9G I'm sure of that - the flight envelope usually expands over the life of the aircraft. Once we understand the airframe life better, we can then isolate the impact of a 9G exposure on airframe life.

swapcv

Country flag
G-Ratings are typically conservative and mostly aimed at prolonging the life of an aircraft. Sometimes OEM's might specify airframe life depending on the in service G-rating during peacetime and wartime situations. Peacetime limits can be lower, and thus specify the highest airframe hours while wartime ratings will be dependent on how much the structure has been loaded and frequent inspections for structural damage which will cause a corresponding reduction in service life. Eg: Lets say a particular aircraft has a airframe ultimate load factor of +11/-4. To prevent any aircraft exceeding that, I design a FCS with a g-limiter that limits inputs exceeding anything +9/-3 so that the airframe remains within limits. Now I build a few test frames that repeatedly loads the structure for different load factors to determine service life. Once I've done that, I can publish it in the manuals for the same and the aircraft certified as such, so that the peeps in the field know what they must do if an aircraft ever does exceed the prescribed limits.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
It is supplier's job to check customer's capability and propose the maintenance plan (either by local team or supplier). The related cost should be added into the price. That is one of the reasons that western weapons are far more expensive than Russian or Chinese.

It is the opposite: British bans any of her military system or sub-system from exporting to them. That was how South Korean's FA-50 deal failed.

UK bars South Korea from selling FA-50 to Argentina (janes.com)

And Argentina already made this term clear: if your plane has British sub-system, don't bother to come.

Well, it is up to India: her own interest first or UK's.[/QUOTE]

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
image.png
image (1).png
image (2).png

We should offer Tejas to Bangladesh.
IMO we really should.. they're our easiest chance of Tejas scoring a Jf-17 kill with Myanmar.

Was flying a simulator, found tejas....

Inside cockpit not done well, but outer view is good :)
Name?.. Link plz.

i happen to have files for Tejas somewhere in my pc, will upload it here later. For now find the flight sim app off Internet and install it etc.
De do baba..

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
No it will be waste of money. I am sure Bangladesh will ask it for free. These idiots want everything free from India.
If i had a say what I'd do is, set up a exercise with 6 Tejas against their whole Air force of 8 Mig-29 & thoroughly spank them red... and then make an offer of half proved sale of Tejas in exchange of those to upgrade then to UPG standard for our use.

There mix are not to old and have not been used a lot however electronically very outdated.

Swift Retreat 2.0? Who can tell when our Western neighbour contracts their next terroristy fit. That first kill must be attributed to an IAF topgun.
IAF isn't aggressive enough, Abhinandan didn't even open with BVRs. Swift Retreat.1 to pura gobar kar diya! Remember? even us at DFI were speculating how Pakistan could to retaliate within next 2-3 days and we would've had set a lot of SAM traps & have CAP-Config jets at standby to shoot them down by the squadrons.
Then it turned out they were busy basking in their success & got caught locally outnumbered by an numerically inferior enemy. It's only the incompetence of Pakis that we weren't completely fucked. Israeli AF would have carved a bloody path with dozens of downed Sukhois.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles