LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Shed this mentality of criticizing everything that is Islamic, Malaysia is way more progressive as you may know.
If India has to become an Asian power then people like you will have to control your communal thoughts and
Malaysia is "progressive"? Kindly elaborate? More progressive compared to who/what? And please don't say more progressive than India. No country is as "progressive" as India given how it treats its majority like $hit.
Does USA appease us or keep its communal thought process to itself when it deals with India, even though it needs India to counter China and also be a market for its weapons?

If India has to become Asian power, then people in Malaysia will have to keep control of their communal thoughts against India and bow down to us, or else India will not be an "Asian Power" no matter what mental gymnastics you apply. This vishwaguru stuff comes after you are in the position to beat all your enemies. Trying to lead by example only works if you don't end up destroying yourself in the process. Or else people like Nehru and Gandhi would have led this country to its ruin right after Independence with their core values of "ahimsa extremism" insomuch that they try to disband the Armed Forces of India just to lead by example that we are peaceful so we disbanded our military. Are you so naive as to be oblivious to the true nature of this world? Power reigns supreme. Not saying that India should become a USA like power, but we shouldn't be afraid to speak our mind. Aisa kya galat bol diya? Once India is in a position of power, then we can show magnanimity, to the limit where it doesn't threaten our own existence. Gareeb logo ko charity nahi karna chahiye.
keep it out of the technical threads. Don't spoil the thread.
The deal is win-win situation as the real threat for both the countries is the communist and expansionist PRC.
This deal will make LCA the hotcake in light aircraft category and soon other orders will follow.
Agree with this.

Photon

Country flag
The Indian govt isn’t stupid. There will be considerations made for such things and they’ll be accounted for.

And the world can’t be black and white when you’re a global power. You have to protect your interests , the world is a complicated place and it’s not you’re with us or against us. High tech exports are worth their weight in gold to India and its even a way of creating more Indian sympathisers in Malaysia.

If their frontline jets are Indian they’ll be hugely exposed to india at a strategic and industrial level,5,10,15 years down the line those low level guys will be the leaders.

If everyone thought your way india would be isolated
I totally agree with your concept but the problem is what ever it is they never gonna support India in anyway, in future also by forgetting religious thing's atleast till they are a member of OIC. The status of Indian origin people (including Hindu and Muslim) in Malaysia and status of Malaysian Indian Congress in main stream politics also we know....we also know how they suppressed Hindraf people.

NB: Interestingly the previous so called anti India Malaysian president Mahathir has some Indian roots

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The French has been looting us for quite a while. 43 mil$ back in 2011 money.
270mil$ per Rafale, even if its inclusive of everything, too damn high. And over 30 of those 36 have not even received their Indian Specific upgrades yet.
At that time, brand new Ming 29 was available in 30bn USD.

WolfPack86

Country flag
INDIA'S TEJAS AIRCRAFT TOP CHOICE FOR MALAYSIA'S FIGHTER JET FLEET; FINAL TALKS UNDERWAY
Malaysia, which had started looking for options for replacing its ageing fleet of fighter jets, has chosen India as its top choice and is holding final talks

TEJAS, manufactured by HAL, is a single-engine and highly agile multi-role supersonic fighter aircraft capable of operating in high-threat air environments.

India's TEJAS light combat aircraft has emerged as the top choice for Malaysia as the Southeast Asian nation looks at replacing its ageing fleet of fighter jets and the two sides are holding negotiations to firm up the procurement.

Malaysia has narrowed down on the Indian aircraft notwithstanding the stiff competition from China's JF-17 jet, South Korea's FA-50 and Russia's MiG-35 as well as Yak-130, Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, R Madhavan, told PTI in an interview.

As part of the package, India has offered to set up an MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) facility in Malaysia for its Russian-origin Su-30 fighter fleet as it is facing difficulties in procuring spares for the aircraft from Russia in view of western sanctions against Moscow.

"I am very confident about it unless some political shift takes place," Madhavan said when asked whether the deal would be closed soon. The top executive of the state-run aerospace behemoth said if the deal is sealed, it will give a "very good signal" to other prospective buyers of the aircraft and boost its overall export potential.

"It (the negotiation) is almost in the final stages. We are the only country which is offering them the support for their Su-30 aircraft as other than Russia, we are the only one who can support them to the extent that they require for the Sukhoi fleet," Madhavan said.

It is learnt that the Chinese JF-17 was cheaper but could not match the technical parameters of the TEJAS Mk-IA variant and the offer of maintenance of the Su-30 fleet as proposed by India.

A team of high-ranking officials and experts is expected to visit India soon to take forward the procurement process.

Malaysia is procuring the aircraft to replace its ageing fleet of Russian MiG-29 fighter planes. The number of aircraft that Malaysia is looking at procuring is not immediately clear.

Madhavan said TEJAS is a much superior aircraft compared to JF-17 and FA-50 and that the selection of the Indian aircraft would provide Malaysia with the option to go in for future upgrades of the fleet.

TEJAS, manufactured by HAL is a single-engine and highly agile multi-role supersonic fighter aircraft capable of operating in high-threat air environments.

In February last year, the defence ministry sealed a Rs 48,000 crore deal with HAL for the procurement of 83 TEJAS fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF).

India has started work on the MK 2 version of the TEJAS as well as on an ambitious USD 5 billion project to develop a fifth-generation Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA).

"We actually are the only one who covered everything that they require and we met their budget requirements as well," Madhavan said.

"Nobody will offer them upgrades so fast as we would offer. They will have an alternative available in TEJAS MK-2 and they can even think of AMCA," the HAL chief added.

He said HAL is going to maintain the same level of services to Malaysia as it has been giving to the IAF.

Asked whether the supply of TEJAS jets to the IAF will be impacted if HAL wins the Malaysian contract, Madhavan said the production of the aircraft would be ramped up depending on the requirement.

According to the plan, the HAL would start delivering the jets (MK-IA variant) to the IAF in 2025 and all 83 jets will have to be handed over by 2030.

Madhavan said if the deal with Malaysia is sealed, it will signal the acceptability of the aircraft, which would result in the opening up of many other options.

"We now have a very good platform. It is the best in this category," he said.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
No country gives 100 % transfer of Technology in any case. The Russians or Israelis etc have not done it with India in the past and neither Will India do it with another country. If Egypt indeed acquires LCA Tejas in large numbers so that moving the production line to Egypt makes sense than we will make then assemble Tejas in the form of KDKs.
Even in small number if they want to pay for assembly line so be it. Apna kaam hai rokda ginna.

dumdumdum

Country flag
I totally agree with your concept but the problem is what ever it is they never gonna support India in anyway, in future also by forgetting religious thing's atleast till they are a member of OIC. The status of Indian origin people (including Hindu and Muslim) in Malaysia and status of Malaysian Indian Congress in main stream politics also we know....we also know how they suppressed Hindraf people.

NB: Interestingly the previous so called anti India Malaysian president Mahathir has some Indian roots
The cause and effect of support & influence is bidirectional. Selling them military hardware especially fighters increases our influence. That will lead to increased support.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
At that time, brand new Ming 29 was available in 30bn USD.
30 bn ? Or million ?

The actual price was 29 mn dollars and would have reduced further.

That deal was pure corruption with no AESA and BVR like meteor. We should have opted for Israeli AESA and avionics upgrade instead with integration of Derby and python.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Even in small number if they want to pay for assembly line so be it. Apna kaam hai rokda ginna.
Egypt and Malaysia are the 2 most likely candidates for getting an export order for Tejas MK-1A from. If Tejas wins the Malaysian tender than it will be very good for our Defence industry.

NutCracker

Country flag
Because I am a supporter of coconut farmers Kerala and Tamilnadu and their problems. I know how centres palm oil imports gonna harm farmers in Kerala and Tamilnadu and I am well aware of Malaysian atitude towards India,so it's not a communal thought it's a sad reality till they protecting sakir nayik like anti India extremists and their religious hatred comments against India in different defence forum's.Sorry for spoiling the thread.
DO coconut oil and palm oil even fall into same category ??
Rice bran might be a competitor of Palm oil in my knowledge.

Palm oil is used to make fried snack. I dont think companies would like to use coconut oil that has specific fragrance/smell to it.

DocK

Country flag
DO coconut oil and palm oil even fall into same category ??
Rice bran might be a competitor of Palm oil in my knowledge.

Palm oil is used to make fried snack. I dont think companies would like to use coconut oil that has specific fragrance/smell to it.
I don't think that coconut or rice bran oil will be affected. It's more like instead of buying oil from Malaysia our traders will buy it from Indian government entity and avoid import charges with transport cost.

Worst case scenario:
Like everything else government entity makes that oil unaffordable to traders and that oil is supplied in ration to poor people of India. WIN WIN

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
30 bn ? Or million ?

That deal was pure corruption with no AESA and BVR like meteor. We should have opted for Israeli AESA and avionics upgrade instead with integration of Derby and python.

I am sorry. Typo. 30 Mn USD not 30 bn USD.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
30 bn ? Or million ?

Yes, True.

kamaal

Country flag
Because I am a supporter of coconut farmers Kerala and Tamilnadu and their problems. I know how centres palm oil imports gonna harm farmers in Kerala and Tamilnadu and I am well aware of Malaysian atitude towards India,so it's not a communal thought it's a sad reality till they protecting sakir nayik like anti India extremists and their religious hatred comments against India in different defence forum's.Sorry for spoiling the thread.
Brother it has no connection whatsoever with edible oil produced in our country, we are a net importer of edible oil. And southeast Asia is a major contributor to our needs. As I have said, it's a win-win situation for both the country and good chance for India to display itself as a net security provider. Bringing ASEAN countries in our defense industrial complex should be the priority.

abingdonboy

Country flag

HT covered the news.
Never ever take mainstream media in india seriously when it comes to defence, they have no expertise and will report bindy based on what someone else is reporting even if it’s a blog or something.

News as big as this would have huge buildup on both sides, haven’t even seen a single Malaysian report of it.

Also unless shiv Aroor is hinting at it I won’t believe it

karn

Country flag
Never ever take mainstream media in india seriously when it comes to defence, they have no expertise and will report bindy based on what someone else is reporting even if it’s a blog or something.

News as big as this would have huge buildup on both sides, haven’t even seen a single Malaysian report of it.

Also unless shiv Aroor is hinting at it I won’t believe it
Yeah .. this just looks like HAL padding its annual report.
However on green piss forum egyptians are tracking Indian weapon developments (for collaboration). Other than HALs bad reputation they seem relatively open to the idea ... Far better than Malaysians..
Perhaps history repeats itself. NAM being cool again and all.

1280px-HAL_(Hindustan_Aeronautics),_HF-24,_Marut_(7585415088).jpg

shade

Country flag
Kuch bhi.
You are comparing the chad cocount oil the people use in their own houses to cook their own food in the south with this (((palm oil))) thrash? literally no comparison or competition, (((palm oil))) is mostly used by restaurants and FMCG companies because it is cheap pro plus max, and maybe edible oil companies also who sell SUNFLOWER OIL but who's label says "blended edible vegetable oil" in the back.

I have never seen (((palm oil))) being sold in supermarkets or other shops openly, maybe is is mixed with the usual oils people use, groundnut, sunflower, sesame, mustard, cocount etc.

Mahathir is past tense in Malaysia now and the current dispensation knows very well to keep it's Ummah Chummah in check.
That said I don't think we will ever score a foreign contract when airforce top brass and paid domestic media paint a bad picture of Tejas.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah .. this just looks like HAL padding its annual report.
However on green piss forum egyptians are tracking Indian weapon developments (for collaboration). Other than HALs bad reputation they seem relatively open to the idea ... Far better than Malaysians..
Perhaps history repeats itself. NAM being cool again and all.

View attachment 162657
HAL’s reputation is 60% their fault but also 40% Indians (lead by import loving brass) blindly talking them down. They’ve created such a bad image for a relatively successful entity that the barrier to success has been made even higher

Most that say bad things about HAL can’t even recognise that LCA isn’t a HAL product and few of the development delays in the project had anything to do with HAL.

I do feel like HAL since it was corporatised and listed has done a lot to become more forward looking and dynamic but the same lazy and vested interests will bash them relentlessly.

Most nations would kill for HAL to belong to them

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles