LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Narasimh

Country flag
I believe that our designers should be made to work with aircraft maintenance technicians during war games before being sent to design the aircraft that is to be allowed. Also a couple of experienced technicians should be involved in designing of the aircraft throughout the development.
All major OEMs use AR to simulate the maintenance. I think for mk2 they will get approval from iaf

_merlin_

Country flag
mk1A is only a rearrangement of internal stuff. i.e. rearranging organs, and same airframe. In one of the Hamara Tejas episodes, Dr. Kota says ki when developing mk1, they just put everything as it came into the Tejas airframe. Because of this it is not the most optimised in terms of maintenance.
1. No change in the platform design, so, no aerodynamic improvement.
2. Same internals, so, there won't be any reduction in weight unless new avionics will come which I doubt is the case since it will increase the testing time. Although Uttam might be included and the weight distribution will change and they will have to recalibrate the flight control algos.
3. Improvement in maintenance, will eek out that last ounce of performance if possible.
Some internals are different because, IIRC, MC and FCS (processing part) hardware is different.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Read bellow article. What I said in my post is extensively discussed here. It is an expert of Aerodynamic study carried out by to improve Tejas Performance.
Thanks for the link.
The changes to the airframe itself will not go into mk1A though. Only the pylons and fuel tanks improvements. Changes to the airframe will require recertification of the airframe which takes a long time. mk1A is not touted for that.

Although, there seems to be substantial improvements and changes to the LRUs and internals and not just rearrangement. Noice.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
What happened to the Tejas Mk1-A first flight wasn't it supposed to happen this Month?
Delayed I guess, most news claimed that Tejas MK-1A will make its 1st flight latest by June but still we have nothing on this. Looks like it is delayed.

kamaal

Country flag
Which LSPs are carrying mk1A changes ? This development needs to be tracked down.
Looks like actual Mk1A jet won't take to the skies before 2024, this is when the delivery is promised by HAL.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
But india do cleverly and also integrate the different countries hardware.
We operate more Russian platforms as compared to defence platforms from other countries like USA, UK, France etc. Majority of foreign origin weopons in Indian Armed forces's inventory is of Russian origin.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Delayed I guess, most news claimed that Tejas MK-1A will make its 1st flight latest by June but still we have nothing on this. Looks like it is delayed.
I saw a video saying that Tejas MK1A flight is already conducted on one existing Tejas MK1 with new changes.
It says the new prototype for MK1A was never planned, it was always about making changes to the existing one and using that as a test bed.
FOC Standard with serial number 26 is currently being used as a test bed.
here is the video on the exact timestamp.

MonaLazy

HAL offers to set up a manufacturing line for the Tejas and other helicopters in Egypt
🇪🇬
• The offer includes a production plant for the manufacture of light combat aircraft and multiple helicopters from the HAL group in Egypt • Allowing Egypt to export the fighter as well. With the company taking some percentage of the Export profit.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
HAL offers to set up a manufacturing line for the Tejas and other helicopters in Egypt
🇪🇬
• The offer includes a production plant for the manufacture of light combat aircraft and multiple helicopters from the HAL group in Egypt • Allowing Egypt to export the fighter as well. With the company taking some percentage of the Export profit.

Hope we don't transfer all tech like good boys if this deal ever see sunlight
Like other nations tortured us and didn't transfer critical tech in name of tot hope we do the same
It shouldn't end like Egypt selling tejas like their own fighter by absorbing all tech
I think we shouldn't give that much of liberty to them to sell yeah that production line can produce aircrafts and they can have some % of profit but complete allowance to sell and negotiate I don't think it would be better for us
Others pls throw some light bit ignorant here

DeadCritic

Country flag
Hope we don't transfer all tech like good boys if this deal ever see sunlight
Like other nations tortured us and didn't transfer critical tech in name of tot hope we do the same
It shouldn't end like Egypt selling tejas like their own fighter by absorbing all tech
I think we shouldn't give that much of liberty to them to sell yeah that production line can produce aircrafts and they can have some % of profit but complete allowance to sell and negotiate I don't think it would be better for us
Others pls throw some light bit ignorant here
I think whatever we learnt with Tejas is already 3-5 years old and currently it's improved and advanced for MK2 and AMCA. Any deal with Egypt will take around a decade to execute.
By that time Indian technologies will be 2 decades ahead..

Asmaka Mahajanapada

Country flag
🇪🇬

It sounds like we are desperate to make a deal at any cost with whoever. Hard pass!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles