LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Photon

Country flag
Cost of SU-57E (Export Variant of SU-57) is Reported to be more than 100 million $. Tejas MK-1A on the Export market is said to cost only Rs 315 crore ($43 million) for 1 plane. I don't understand how can an aircraft like Tejas be cheaper as compared to SU-57. (Lol).
SO how many of them exported so far lol?did they used it in Ukraine?
They compare it with not only with SU-57 but with Junk fighter 17 F-35..etc totally bullshit article..

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
They compare it with not only with SU-57 but with Junk fighter 17 F-35..etc totally bullshit article..
None. Not a single SU-57 has been Exported so far, Even though Russia has offered to countries like India, Algeria, Turkey etc.

Coming to SU-57 being used in Ukraine than now very recently, it's being Reported that SU-57 is being used in special Military Operations against Ukraine. Even though this seems to be unlikely to me because Russia does not have a lot of SU-57s in it's Inventory.

And whoever compares JF-17 to SU-57 is an Idiot.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
They built like 5-6 serial production fighters they parade around for propaganda. The Su-57 is on the same boat as the T-14, lottsa issues, not enough funding to finish development and trigger mass production. Aside from Turkey which just got cucked out of the F-35 deal, don't see any other country interested in ponying up the fly-away pricetag (+ more money to finish development) for this thing.

Photon

Country flag
View attachment 156770

They removed this page after my comment on Tejas price!!Thank you DFI:rofl: Irony an Indian lady wrote it for them and it is with utter nonsense...Another hit job failed
A famous Facebook page run by a Pakistani supporter, posted the link for mocking but the link not working now

vishnugupt

Country flag
View attachment 156770

They removed this page after my comment on Tejas price!!Thank you DFI:rofl: Irony an Indian lady wrote it for them and it is with utter nonsense...Another hit job failed
Dear @Dark Sorrow this the exact reason why we designed Liberandu-Sickulars as traitors because they use their FoE to undermine India and India's interest. Moreover, most of their opinions are outright lies.

This article was written by a progressive Indian whom FoE supported by you Liberandu-Sickulars.

Pash

Country flag
View attachment 156770

There are many articles like this from 2020 onwards

--> https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...-tejas-fighter-turns-out-to-be-very-expensive <---

abingdonboy

Country flag
Imagine being so useless at your job that your proposed solution (MRFA) won’t happen under your tenure of even that of the next 2 successors of yours

These clowns lusting after imported 4.5+ gen jets with delivery windows now stretching into the 2040s cannot be explained away by anything other than corruption, even incompetence doesn’t account for it.

the US will be inducting 6th gen and IAF will still be trying to get their 120+ MMRCA that they commenced in the early 00s meanwhile LCA MK.2 withers and dies a slow death

abingdonboy

Country flag
It's 1 mk1 and 18 trainers. So lines will remain engaged. Won't be idle and when mk1a is ready one more line at Nasik too will be ready to push production to 24to36 per year depending on export orders.... 😊
Production capacity is not the issue, production FOLLOWS orders. When they had 16+16+8 orders (all of different specs) what production rate did one expect? A320 levels? 4-5/year is reasonable against this backdrop. For 83, 16/year is reasonable to allow for a 5-6 year production run. >20 will only come with more orders (100++)

also remember the limitation is rarely HAL’s production capacity- IAF can only absorb 14 MMRCA/MRFA annually going by their own RFI and HAL has had to park up ALH when they tried to deliver ahead of schedule to the IA/IAF. Are we 100% certain IAF can absorb 20+ LCA a year? I’m not. PLAAF is absorbing 100+ new fighters a year though

Sorry for making this point for the nth time but it seems like this point still hasn’t settled in most commentators’ minds yet

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Imagine being so useless at your job that your proposed solution (MRFA) won’t happen under your tenure of even that of the next 2 successors of yours

These clowns lusting after imported 4.5+ gen jets with delivery windows now stretching into the 2040s cannot be explained away by anything other than corruption, even incompetence doesn’t account for it.

the US will be inducting 6th gen and IAF will still be trying to get their 120+ MMRCA that they commenced in the early 00s meanwhile LCA MK.2 withers and dies a slow death
Why do I always get a feeling that this entire program is more profitable for generals and it's completion
As long as this program running every company pushing some sort of money for lobbying
Once program over then this money will stop flowing

abingdonboy

Country flag
Why do I always get a feeling that this entire program is more profitable for generals and it's completion
As long as this program running every company pushing some sort of money for lobbying
Once program over then this money will stop flowing
+100%. The money is in the process not the outcome

every IAF senior officer generation hands over this cash cow to the next to enjoy and milk. Imagine if all those all-expense paid foreign tours, lucrative post retirement executive positions and god knows wha other ‘incentives’ ended and now all they had were Indigo (domestic) flights to Nagpur and BLR

_merlin_

Country flag
+100%. The money is in the process not the outcome

every IAF senior officer generation hands over this cash cow to the next to enjoy and milk. Imagine if all those all-expense paid foreign tours, lucrative post retirement executive positions and god knows wha other ‘incentives’ ended and now all they had were Indigo (domestic) flights to Nagpur and BLR
Indigo does not even have a business class :crying:

abingdonboy

Country flag
LCA project’s importance cannot be overstated in building up expertise within India, so clowns (especially in IAF) think you can build up the same by buying off the shelf from abroad

Conclusions once again prove the utterly world class FCS of LCA, this creates a lot to look forward to for TEDBF and AMCA (even LCA MK.2)

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
View attachment 156770

Its not irony, its presstitutes brown sahibas willing to sell their country for the lowest bidder

Photon

Country flag
Its not irony, its presstitutes brown sahibas willing to sell their country for the lowest bidder
I feel she is Genuine because when i clarified she removed the article, if she really against the concept of India she will not remove it, she told me like she posted it not to defame Tejas or HAL...I guess she just wrote it with rough estimated price..[/QUOTE]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles