LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

kamaal

Country flag
HAL/ADA's super talented "scientists" will come to visit Defexpo22. I hope somebody will roast them when they'll be over glorifying their achievements. I know, I'll definitely put something around to irritate them about mk2 timeline. 😄

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Wtf are these ‘parts’ exactly? What kind of backlog takes over a year to clear? And if this is the case is india/HAL imposing any kind of penalty on the Israeli OEM, I’m sure there would be a clause for this in the contract if this is the case.

no trainers to be seen, no NP5. I’ve defended HAL to the hilt but this is beyond ridiculous now, 2021-22 has basically been a write off in terms of deliveries, they have the largest contract ever signed for
An Indian defence company on their books now, they need to do better.
I don't know. But something tells me it's not HAL fault or else IAF would be breathing down their neck. They have been silent all along. It's true we are no longer seeing induction pictures of each and every Tejas. But there is no info to prove otherwise.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't know. But something tells me it's not HAL fault or else IAF would be breathing down their neck. They have been silent all along. It's true we are no longer seeing induction pictures of each and every Tejas. But there is no info to prove otherwise.
IAF and HAL have been pretty silent on LCA inductions and updates since around august

If the IAF were willing to send 5 LCA to the U.K. to exercise with the best of the best then I can’t say the IAF has serious doubts about the type but the seemingly nonexistent deliveries is perplexing. 2021-22FY basically made no progress

Singapore (x3) , Cobra Warrior in the U.K. (x5), gargantuan Shakti/iron fist 2022 that starts in a few days (x? At least 5 platforms I’d say) all within weeks of each other, in fact the IAF firepower exercise and cobra warrior were to overlap, this combined with ongoing frontline duties and training commitments means these birds are really being flogged hard and the line pilots are getting a lot of time on the type. Such a large proportion of the tiny fleet is active, it’s quite absurd and that too with so few 2 seaters to hand.

+ any idea whether they have delivered a LCA full mission simulator to Sulur? AFAIK this is part of the MK1A deal but not heard about for the MK.1s

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
HAL/ADA's super talented "scientists" will come to visit Defexpo22. I hope somebody will roast them when they'll be over glorifying their achievements. I know, I'll definitely put something around to irritate them about mk2 timeline. 😄

Ask more about the design and capabilities and to what extent it is comparable to Saab Gripen NG. I want it to batter Gripen. In MTOW and payload, it has battered Gripen. Let us see how it is compared to Gripen in agility, electronics etc. I am sure sbout weapons. If it gets meteor, It will be comparable or better than Gripen in all areas in weapons department.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

MAWS ke bare mei pta chalega ab aero india mei ,get ready for the news
1) will super cruise
2) Internal
3) Euro Canard and Sensor fusion?
4) I think Conformal Fuel tank is planned for ORCA but not heard about MWF.
5) What is Euro Canard?
6) Already there on Tejas and MKI but do not know the details.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think he means the two similar Euro airplanes with canards, Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale.
May be MWF can come near Eurofighter in Sensor fusion but difficult to Match Rafale. French are masters of Electronics. It is said that AMCA will have highly advanced electronics but not MWF. Even Gripen has highly advance Sensor fusion. Lets is wait for details to come out.

SARTHAK

Country flag
I think he means the two similar Euro airplanes with canards, Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale.
typhoon ,rafale and gripen are based on similar design philosophy with slight modifications hence known as euro canards family, tejas mk2 will not supercruise (as hvt once told a long time ago on twitter) , maws can be 2 or 3 band , 3 band maws can detect jets and serve as irst, 2 band maws can only detect missiles ,su30 mki uses dc maws(dual color means 2 band maws)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Not mk2 with increase in weight .
In MK1, the engine is GE F404, in MK 2 both weight and Engine power has increased. In MK1 the T/W is 0.94, in MK2 it is 0.89. Top speed might be reduced, but supercruise should be there. Tejas can do about 1.6 max, even with payload it should be well over mach 1.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
In MK1, the engine is GE F404, in MK 2 both weight and Engine power has increased. In MK1 the T/W is 0.94, in MK2 it is 0.89. Top speed might be reduced, but supercruise should be there. Tejas can do about 1.6 max, even with payload it should be well over mach 1.
Hey guys aerodynamics and air intake designs are very important. Gripen super cruises inspite of being havier than Tejas.

Covfefe

Country flag
Hey guys aerodynamics and air intake designs are very important. Gripen super cruises inspite of being havier than Tejas.
In which configuration? Supercruise with any useful payload or clean configuration with less fuel and cold atmosphere?

SARTHAK

Country flag
gripen supercruises at 1.1 ,it is practically of no use, just like f35 does at mach 1 , anything above 1.4 is good for kinetic energy in case of release of weapons,or evading without exposing ir signature,tejas mk2 might also do at 0.9(technically not supercruise) not a whole lot of difference

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
gripen supercruises at 1.1 ,it is practically of no use, just like f35 does at mach 1 , anything above 1.4 is good for kinetic energy in case of release of weapons,or evading without exposing ir signature,tejas mk2 might also do at 0.9(technically not supercruise) not a whole lot of difference
But 1.1 mach is 20 pc faster than mach 0.9 you know? It has an another advantage of relatively better chance of chasing heat seeking missile as afterburner dill be used less. Let us see whether mk1A is able to supercruise or not?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles