LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

thebakofbakchod

The 1st Prototype of Tejas MK-2 was supposed to roll out in August of 2022 but later it was later Delayed to December of 2022. After that there is no other delay in the Program. I don't know about Tejas MK-1A though.
Time to put my life savings into this date being pushed back again. Expect an interview around June 2022 where HAL will say Tejas Mk2 prototype will be ready by June 2023

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Time to put my life savings into this date being pushed back again. Expect an interview around June 2022 where HAL will say Tejas Mk2 prototype will be ready by June 2023
Why do you think so negatively about the Timeline about our Defence Projects?

Tejas Mk-2 1st Prototype will be rolled out by this year or maybe it will be rolled out in Early 2023 (January February) and the 1st flight of the Prototype will Happen in 2023. Please have some faith on our Scientists.

karn

Country flag

Tejas Mk-2 1st Prototype will be rolled out by this year or maybe it will be rolled out in Early 2023 (January February) and the 1st flight of the Prototype will Happen in 2023. Please have some faith on our Scientists.
Many of us here have been hearing this from 2001 so it's kinda logical being negative about timeliness.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

I dont have much faith bro , they are always 10 years late

Super Flanker

Country flag
I dont have much faith bro , they are always 10 years late
Many of us here have been hearing this from 2001 so it's kinda logical being negative about timeliness.
I understand by looking at the past Records of our Defence Projects, a negative image about it is justified but at times the bashing about it is at times too much.

I mean like it's not that Tejas MK-2 will be Rolled out in 2026 or so. Like I personally think that Tejas MK-2 Prototype will be rolled out by late 2022 or early 2023 and 1st flight Will happen.

karn

Country flag
I understand by looking at the past Records of our Defence Projects, a negative image about it is justified but at times the bashing about it is at times too much.

I mean like it's not that Tejas MK-2 will be Rolled out in 2026 or so. Like I personally think that Tejas MK-2 Prototype will be rolled out by late 2022 or early 2023 and 1st flight Will happen. They haver delivered on time so far .. Even foc production run is not complete mk1a mk2 is still far.
There is a lot of nautanki left .. my position is just do it on time ... while managing for the risk of sanctions.

Super Flanker

Country flag
There is a lot of nautanki left .. my position is just do it on time ... while managing for the risk of sanctions.
You don't have to worry about that. It will happen on Time. It's not that the Project will get delayed so badly and to the extent that by the time the products of the Projects start entering Service, they will become obsolete. It won't be like that.

thebakofbakchod

I will believe HAL once they actually start delivering even half of what they promise. Mk2 timeline has already been pushed back twice in the last 2 years. The original promise was that the prototype will roll out by now, which they then pushed back to June 2022 and then end of 2022

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Not a single 1 of these drone companies other than ADE/TASL have shown off their production lines and most of them dont even have any factories either. I saw a picture of ideaforge and they are screwdrivering parts together. I can guarantee that these guys are wholesale importing all the parts from China and screwing them together here. They dont seem to have any machinery to manufacture those parts

Same as what HAL is doing for ALH for 30 years. As per CAG Report, 90% of components of ALH are imported including Seats

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Same as what HAL is doing for ALH for 30 years. As per CAG Report, 90% of components of ALH are imported including Seats
Stop spreading BS buddy by quoting information from 2010. The present indigenous content is at about 50-55%, which is still not satisfactory, but is no way as dire as what you’ve mentioned.
“With the indigenous content of HAL’s choppers still in the region of 50-55 per cent, and critical systems still imported from the UK, Israel and France”.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Stop spreading BS buddy by quoting information from 2010. The present indigenous content is at about 50-55%, which is still not satisfactory, but is no way as dire as what you’ve mentioned.
“With the indigenous content of HAL’s choppers still in the region of 50-55 per cent, and critical systems still imported from the UK, Israel and France”.
Ejection seat mid air refueller radar ew systems and engine these are biggest cost contributor but apart from engine ew systems and radar development the other two will always be imported due to economy of scale but i won't count them critical.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles