LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
So jf-17b has door hinges for glass dome?
Yes it's true. JF 17 B uses Bathroom Hinges. Here are some more Pictures to Support my Claim.
IMG_20211207_225230.jpg
dual-seat-JF-17-fighter-jets-Pakistan_176b4e3b94c_medium.jpg

I bet that Even my the Hinges That I use on my Bathroom doors is more Reliable and Better Quality than The ones used in These Junk fighters. Lol :lol:

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Yes it's true. JF 17 B uses Bathroom Hinges. Here are some more Pictures to Support my Claim.
View attachment 123699View attachment 123701
I bet that Even my the Hinges That I use on my Bathroom doors is more Reliable and Better Quality than The ones used in These Junk fighters. Lol :lol:
I am sorry to poop on your parade but that whole door hinge thing was mostly us making fun of the pakistanis in a joking way. Those arent really actual toilet hinges.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Out of curiosity, when are the completed FOC aircraft going to be moved to an IAF base? Is it going to be ten or a dozen all turning up at the same time in March?

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey guys. I guess Tejas could finally win The Malaysian Tender. What do you all Think about it?
Now only 3 Aircrafts are Left in Malaysia's tender:
1)Russian MIG35 MWF and Conversion trainer.
20211208_053913.png

2)Indian Tejas LCA and Trainer Variants.
20211208_053901.jpg

3)Turkish Hurjet LCA and Trainer Variants.
20211208_053855.jpg

Hey you all,in light of finalised shortlist of TAI Hurjet, Tejas and MiG-29 for Malaysian LCA program.
To be honest from my personal opinion, my view LCA Tejas is going to win with 50% payment in palm oil. TAI Hurjet doesn’t exist yet ,not even in the Form of a Prototype so I don't think so that's going to Get Selected in my opinion and now coming to the MiG-35,well it is competing in wrong category (RMAF’s MiG-29N troubled history) also Malaysians have a Preference for Western engines.
Fingers crossed, I am praying that Malaysia will be the First Export customer most Probably in my opinion

cannonfodder

Country flag
This is our best chance and we are also ok to substitute Israeli systems in case we get the deal.
Our best chance is yet to come, the caveat is none of our insiders push MWF and other sister projects off road.:devil:

Edit: There will be many more meaningful opportunities that will come as long as we dont screw up really badly which can happen unfortunately. If we stay the course we may be able to milk others like we have been milked for decades.

JBH22

Ŵølf PⒶck (@TheLegateIN) Tweeted:
India's HAL Tejas has met each and every technical requirement of the Malaysian Air Force's FLIT/LCA tender: Malaysian media

Export to Malaysia is a bad idea.
This is a country that has underlying hatred for Hindu India. Here and there we may have some trade relationships, but these guys can never be trusted as an ally. Ummah>Rationale mindset.

Covfefe

Country flag
Export to Malaysia is a bad idea.
This is a country that has underlying hatred for Hindu India. Here and there we may have some trade relationships, but these guys can never be trusted as an ally. Ummah>Rationale mindset.
There's a section that is Islamist. Moreover, it's business, who cares what their ideologies are? What are they going to do with Tejas, show them to Porks? And what can they do? They have seen Flankers, Rafales and Migs pretty close in their exercises with their allies, what damage would them getting a hands on Tejas would do. Unless it's some really out of the world technology, we should happily sell stuff to everyone who's willing to pay the price. Sell it to the Porks if they pay dollars.

MonaLazy

India develops AESA radar to make IAF fighters more lethal
Project director D Seshagiri of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) confirmed this and said that the developed AESA radar is 95% indigenous, with only one imported subsystem.
Later this month, the Indian Air Force (IAF) will demonstrate the use of an indigenously developed active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, making India one of the few countries to have an indigenous force-multiplier that lies at the heart of electronic warfare, long-range missiles, and long-distance, precision-guided ammunition.

Project director D Seshagiri of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) confirmed this and said that the developed AESA radar is 95% indigenous, with only one imported subsystem. It has the capacity to track 50 targets in the sky at a range in excess of 100km and engage four of them simultaneously.

In the next five years, all 83 of IAF’s Tejas Mark I A fighters will have this radar, as will the future twin-engine AMCA fighter developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).

The AESA radar will be mounted on the radar cone of Su-30 MKI aircraft as well as carrier-based MiG-29 K fighters of the Indian military, according to Seshagiri. “Already, the LRDE has signed an MoU with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for being the lead integrator of the radar on the Tejas Mk I A with four identified vendors including BEL being the suppliers of key sub-systems.”

The first 16 Tejas MK 1A aircraft will be fitted with Israeli ELM 2052 AESA radars and the remaining will be fitted with the indigenous Uttam AESA radar, HT has learnt. “The radar has already been tested on two Tejas fighters as well as Hawker Siddeley 800 executive jet for over 250 hours. The radar will be finally demonstrated in a flight this month with the force multiplier ready for production. Only the US, the EU, Israel, and China have AESA radar capability,” Seshagiri said.

The National Flight Testing Centre, which is manned by IAF, has already greenlighted the radar after successful performance tests. Earlier, India was using primary radars on its fighters as well as indigenous airborne warning and control systems planes. The Pakistani Air Force’s retaliation for the Balakot strike in February 2019 would have turned costly for Islamabad if Indian fighters had AESA radars mounted on intercepting fighters.

The AESA radar is also the key to the DRDO-developed Astra air-to-air missile, which has a range well over 120km, and will deliver guided ammunition over long distances. This radar will nullify the air superiority China had gained with its J20 multi-role fighters, as the Indian-developed AESA radar compares well with that developed by Beijing.

gutenmorgen

Country flag
India develops AESA radar to make IAF fighters more lethal
Project director D Seshagiri of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) confirmed this and said that the developed AESA radar is 95% indigenous, with only one imported subsystem.
Later this month, the Indian Air Force (IAF) will demonstrate the use of an indigenously developed active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, making India one of the few countries to have an indigenous force-multiplier that lies at the heart of electronic warfare, long-range missiles, and long-distance, precision-guided ammunition.

Project director D Seshagiri of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) confirmed this and said that the developed AESA radar is 95% indigenous, with only one imported subsystem. It has the capacity to track 50 targets in the sky at a range in excess of 100km and engage four of them simultaneously.

In the next five years, all 83 of IAF’s Tejas Mark I A fighters will have this radar, as will the future twin-engine AMCA fighter developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).

The AESA radar will be mounted on the radar cone of Su-30 MKI aircraft as well as carrier-based MiG-29 K fighters of the Indian military, according to Seshagiri. “Already, the LRDE has signed an MoU with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for being the lead integrator of the radar on the Tejas Mk I A with four identified vendors including BEL being the suppliers of key sub-systems.”

The first 16 Tejas MK 1A aircraft will be fitted with Israeli ELM 2052 AESA radars and the remaining will be fitted with the indigenous Uttam AESA radar, HT has learnt. “The radar has already been tested on two Tejas fighters as well as Hawker Siddeley 800 executive jet for over 250 hours. The radar will be finally demonstrated in a flight this month with the force multiplier ready for production. Only the US, the EU, Israel, and China have AESA radar capability,” Seshagiri said.

The National Flight Testing Centre, which is manned by IAF, has already greenlighted the radar after successful performance tests. Earlier, India was using primary radars on its fighters as well as indigenous airborne warning and control systems planes. The Pakistani Air Force’s retaliation for the Balakot strike in February 2019 would have turned costly for Islamabad if Indian fighters had AESA radars mounted on intercepting fighters.

The AESA radar is also the key to the DRDO-developed Astra air-to-air missile, which has a range well over 120km, and will deliver guided ammunition over long distances. This radar will nullify the air superiority China had gained with its J20 multi-role fighters, as the Indian-developed AESA radar compares well with that developed by Beijing.

What is that one imported subsystem?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles