LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Spitfire9

Country flag
Posted in AMCA thread but it is about Tejas, so I am replying here...

initially There will not be 1:1 replacement of the migs with lca.

bec tejas is far more capable than mig-21
How would that work? A squadron of MiG-21 is replaced with a squadron with 4 x Mk1A and a trainer or two, building numbers up as more Mk1A's roll off the line?

MirageBlue

Country flag

This is how PR is done, I hope Tejas can learn
They also have a loyal wingman drone in works
Slick video and editing. HAL/DRDO would need to hire a private team to do their editing to get to this level. Given how important marketing is for exports, I think it's high time they start collaborating with the right firms for marketing their products.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Slick video and editing. HAL/DRDO would need to hire a private team to do their editing to get to this level. Given how important marketing is for exports, I think it's high time they start collaborating with the right firms for marketing their products.
Saab has been trying that for years...

Spitfire9

Country flag
Tejas did not get selected as the USAF's new fighter trainer. Boeing/SAAB were awarded the contract for 351 in 2018. Curiously the USAF has issued an RFI for... guess what... an Advanced Tactical Trainer.

I suspect that it would be a long shot for Tejas but if USAF might want a large number of Advanced Tactical Trainers, should HAL give it a try? I imagine that teaming up with an American company would be needed and I also imagine that the aircraft would need to be built in the US.

FalconZero

Country flag
Any new info? I was watching episode 7 and goddamn, it was amazing when they started showcasing the final assembly line.
I counted these FOC variants,
- SP(24)
- SP(25)
- SP(26)
- SP(27)
- SP(29) (not sure about this one)
- SP(31)
- SP(32)
- SP(36)
- SP(24)

Though the CEO of that division said that he is aiming to deliver them by the year end, i don't think it is possible but by next 6 years pretty sure they can.
Some snippets i managed to capture,

Also, 3 FOCs are about to undergo flight tests. All of them will be delivered within next 6 months.

HAL is aiming to complete all trainer deliveries for both current and MK1a orders together by 2025.

HAL did face issues due to the covid but they have recovered and they might really pull of the delivery of all FOCs by next year q2.
SP36
brave_D0RKqCNVwh.jpg

brave_zx6kg50wAN.jpg

brave_FQU2cSWwcf.jpg

brave_3pnlhCSyX6.jpg

This is sp27
brave_jYwqSFCLdf.jpg

Sp24
brave_ABxrZef3Hu.jpg

SP32
brave_TDTAhFcscc.jpg

brave_3dtewpKwf0.jpg

Sp26
brave_ArjjtKPpeZ.jpg

brave_9OrEZL4iYB.jpg
Video, in case anyone still wants to watch it,

rone

Country flag
Any new info? I was watching episode 7 and goddamn, it was amazing when they started showcasing the final assembly line.
- SP(24)
- SP(25)
- SP(26)
- SP(27)
- SP(31)
- SP(32)
- SP(36)
- SP(24)

Though the CEO of that division said that he is aiming to deliver them by the year end, i don't think it is possible but by next 6 years pretty sure they can.

Also, 3 FOCs are about to undergo flight tests. All of them will be delivered within next 6 months.

HAL is aiming to complete all trainer deliveries for both current and MK1a orders together by 2025.

HAL did face issues due to the covid but they have recovered and they might really pull of the delivery of all FOCs by next year q2.

Bro counting is wrong for example
Sp24 is LA 50020
Sp26 is LA 50022

If you counting sp side then original aircraft number is LA 500X where X = SP - 4

Also you can identify sp number from landing gear cover number for more details check previous FOC Tejas pictures

FalconZero

Country flag
Bro counting is wrong for example
Sp24 is LA 50020
Sp26 is LA 50022

If you counting sp side then original aircraft number is LA 500X where X = SP - 4

Also you can identify sp number from landing gear cover number for more details check previous FOC Tejas pictures
I am using the IAF numbering, there are three places two of of them are HAL internal number and tail one is IAF one.

Okay nvm, you are right i mixed up the numbers (I forgot that there were 16 FOC and 16 IOC and SP36 meant it was HAL numbering scheme according to AKM).

Either way there were 6FOCs according to HAL chief that were being worked on and few others it seems.
Ignore the numbers!

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
New Indigenous radome for Tejas.
View attachment 122996
Ya'll Nibbiars For Tejas or Tejas Mk2?. If dimensionally the same as Tejas then it can’t be for the Tejas Mk2 since the Mk2 has a slightly smaller radome. And What’s the material used to build this?. Quartz as the one that Cobham builds for the Tejas Mk1 now?.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Offer is to assemble 15 in Malaysia. I guess that would only be viable if there were a follow on order for 36 more to be assembled in Malaysia.

Setting aside emotions, how much would Turkey being an islamic state spin the selection?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Offer is to assemble 15 in Malaysia. I guess that would only be viable if there were a follow on order for 36 more to be assembled in Malaysia.

Setting aside emotions, how much would Turkey being an islamic state spin the selection?
It's not Islam but barter with palm oil will decide the deal. Malaysia doesn't have cash.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
- SP(24)
- SP(25)
- SP(26)
- SP(27)
- SP(31)
- SP(32)
- SP(36)
- SP(24)

thanks nice video

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles