LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Covfefe

Country flag
The translation you saw in the post I shared the link of which was from Wolfpack.

Not from Indian media again, he specifically mentions the source in comments.

From the article that @Roland55 had shared, it mentioned that Mig35,29 and JF17 are the contenders. I don't think "inferiority" of any platform was referred- they are all actually pretty decent platforms. Also, if you don't select a jet, it's highly unlikely that you'll call it inferior- useless diplomatic bickering.

notaname

Country flag
From the article that @Roland55 had shared, it mentioned that Mig35,29 and JF17 are the contenders. I don't think "inferiority" of any platform was referred- they are all actually pretty decent platforms. Also, if you don't select a jet, it's highly unlikely that you'll call it inferior- useless diplomatic bickering.
No there is no mention of inferiority in article he just says there is not enough details about logistics and other things and they are waiting for that.

Just a misinterpretation on part of Wolfpack nothing serious happens sometimes.

FalconZero

Country flag
No I didn't I am just asking to you to point from where did you bring Indian media from? The all news here shared was from this article shared here only and that is not Indian media and for your question of from where did the Wolfpack came to conclusion of Logistics and other issue read from "Some of the offers...." In the translation I shared.
Really? How hard is it to check my first comment on this topic? Here I put it for you,
1634478355442.png

Lcafanboy makes dubious claim and i contested it because i see within a span of minutes a lie was repeated and wanted to correct it, now i was under the impression that since wolfpack and him repeated the same it could be that it's coming from the Indian media which is recycling the original article.

If you read my comment, first line directly refers to the article shared that it was already shared by rolland few pages back and that nowhere such point was stated in the original article. And i repeat it twice with emphasis on that particular point that it's not the case at least in the article and i don't care about the some meme comparision since i am not interested in that.

You yourself by posting the ss of the original article proved my point that original article had no such points about performance and about indian media/pakistani media it was general commentary and it was not even the emphasis of my parent or subsequent comments.

notaname

Country flag
Really? How hard is it to check my first comment on this topic? Here I put it for you,
View attachment 114998

Lcafanboy makes dubious claim and i contested it because i see within a span of minutes a lie was repeated and wanted to correct it, now i was under the impression that since wolfpack and him repeated the same it could be that it's coming from the Indian media which is recycling the original article.

If you read my comment, first line directly refers to the article shared that it was already shared by rolland few pages back and that nowhere such point was stated in the original article. And i repeat it twice with emphasis on that particular point that it's not the case at least in the article and i don't care about the some meme comparision since i am not interested in that.

You yourself by posting the ss of the original article proved my point that original article had no such points about performance and about indian media/pakistani media it was general commentary and it was not even the emphasis of my parent or subsequent comments.
I am also not contesting your claim I agree with you that why I posted the screenshot I was just asking to you about your claim of Indian media, and you have already cleared it that you just assumed and started your argument, fine for me.

Roland55

Country flag
I can give a bit of an insight of why some offers “are not convincing enough”. For starters, all options are good performers, all are supersonic, can carry good enough payload, and a relatively decent choice in terms of armaments.

The things that are considered possible problems lay on the maintenance, logistical, supply and cost aspects of all of those systems. This kinda left the Russian options out as they can be extremely costly and the maintenance philosophy is quite different to what the FAA is accustomed to.

The JF-17, it was initially visited in 2010/11, and it’s supply line never convinced the FAA, and the fact that the aircraft had an extremely short life…made things worse. Although it’s currently the favorite option by the political party that is on office until 2023.

The Apparition of the Tejas it’s strange to me, idk how HAL is going to deal with the radome and probe (the MB Mk.16 seat is currently on service with the FAA, so it’s not a huge deal)

sorcerer

Country flag
Argentina reveals talks with India on Tejas. Will ejection seat shoot down a deal?

Last week, Infodefensa, a Spanish language website focussing on South American military news, interviewed Brigadier Xavier Julian Isaac, the chief of the Argentine Air Force. Isaac told Infodefensa that the Argentine Air Force had received offers for new fighters from Russia and China, but was also awaiting proposals from the US and India.

Isaac told Infodefensa that Argentina had an engagement with India, "which is wanting to offer us the Tejas, but we are just in the first talks". Isaac said Argentina had received offers for supply of the JF-17 from China and the MiG-29 and MiG-35 from Russia.

Isaac revealed the Argentine Air Force wants to receive all offers for a new aircraft by the end of this year and by the "first quarter of next year" decide on a platform and financing for it.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The Martin baker issue will still be there along with the Cobham origin radome and AAR probe.

I wonder if GoI can use their new found diplomatic hold over the U.K. to get them to look the other way, I doubt it.
AAR price can be ditched for them & ejection seat replaced by Russian probably. We're developing quartz radome for MWF, status unknown. Should be ready by 2025 comfortably

Covfefe

Country flag
AAR price can be ditched for them & ejection seat replaced by Russian probably. We're developing quartz radome for MWF, status unknown. Should be ready by 2025 comfortably
Won't the ejection seat change require a recertification?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Won't the ejection seat change require a recertification?
I can give a bit of an insight of why some offers “are not convincing enough”. For starters, all options are good performers, all are supersonic, can carry good enough payload, and a relatively decent choice in terms of armaments.

The things that are considered possible problems lay on the maintenance, logistical, supply and cost aspects of all of those systems. This kinda left the Russian options out as they can be extremely costly and the maintenance philosophy is quite different to what the FAA is accustomed to.

The JF-17, it was initially visited in 2010/11, and it’s supply line never convinced the FAA, and the fact that the aircraft had an extremely short life…made things worse. Although it’s currently the favorite option by the political party that is on office until 2023.

The Apparition of the Tejas it’s strange to me, idk how HAL is going to deal with the radome and probe (the MB Mk.16 seat is currently on service with the FAA, so it’s not a huge deal)
@Roland55 just mentioned the Argentinian Air Force use the same ejection seat on other aircraft. Should it really be a problem then? Only the IFR probe and radome need changing.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag

Why did the Koreans not do such modifications in their light fighter when offered to Argentina?

How costly will it be for us?

MirageBlue

Country flag
@Roland55 just mentioned the Argentinian Air Force use the same ejection seat on other aircraft. Should it really be a problem then? Only the IFR probe and radome need changing.
The FAA may be using MB seats from earlier than the Falklands conflict (was it with the A-4 Skyhawks?)..but for new fighter purchases, expect MB to be blocked from making any sale by the British Govt.

HAL will need to look into the option of Zvezda K-36 seat and do a feasibility analysis. The integration itself will be straight-forward but some certification work will be needed to be done.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The FAA may be using MB seats from earlier than the Falklands conflict (was it with the A-4 Skyhawks?)..but for new fighter purchases, expect MB to be blocked from making any sale by the British Govt.

HAL will need to look into the option of Zvezda K-36 seat and do a feasibility analysis. The integration itself will be straight-forward but some certification work will be needed to be done.
Negative, Super Tucano(MB MK8 seat) and Texan-II(MB MK 16 seat same as Tejas) have been purchased in this decade. Martin Baker has an Argentinian subsidiary who market and maintain MB products in Argentina. They use components and products from Martin Baker Italy(SICAMB) which is not subject to British restrictions.
Main issues for us are the Cobham IFR probe and radome.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles