LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

MonaLazy

Easy to build & maintain, plus in like with past working experience... the plan is to have some degree of lock & joint system in MWF.
👍

That's good but not good enough.. if you see the 787 video from around 2:03 mark. I believe the Tejas is still using the time consuming & tedious manual composite manufacturing process of old. It is difficult to scale for production of large numbers of the craft in acceptable time. We need to move up to automated tape laying for as much of the structure as possible. We will need customized ovens the size of Tejas' parts being manufactured. Massive investments yes- but the benefits outweigh the costs.

Also the surface is smooth as fuck, look at the pics of shiny Tejas!.. It doesn't cause parasitic drag if built properly. Just because the white people has moved on to a different fad, does not necessarily mean this is outdated or inefficient.
Any idea what has been used to achieve said smoothness? & what's with the white man rant? The brown man can choose to either catch up or bury his head in the sand to all advances in the industry a la Pakistan. The arm-chair bound brown man is certainly entitled to his flights of fancy. Viva la Tejas!

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
5072 , probably the number on
Another example why i dont like AKM's presentation is that he is too roundabout. He was doing a show at ADA some months back where he spent a considerable time making young scientists sinng and answer useless personal questions, instead of focusing on the technical matters at hand. Of course all the while doing youngster youngster kalam kalam. Again, no disrespect to anyone, but that style isn't useful for those who like to consume crisp technical content.
Tejas

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
👍

That's good but not good enough.. if you see the 787 video from around 2:03 mark. I believe the Tejas is still using the time consuming & tedious manual composite manufacturing process of old. It is difficult to scale for production of large numbers of the craft in acceptable time. We need to move up to automated tape laying for as much of the structure as possible. We will need customized ovens the size of Tejas' parts being manufactured. Massive investments yes- but the benefits outweigh the costs.

Any idea what has been used to achieve said smoothness? & what's with the white man rant? The brown man can choose to either catch up or bury his head in the sand to all advances in the industry a la Pakistan. The arm-chair bound brown man is certainly entitled to his flights of fancy. Viva la Tejas!
Flights of fancy to thik hy, but its neither feasible nor required... You see they can get the same quality of finish. It's fucking flawless.
There's no scenario they'll invest on smthing else if not necessary. Because as long as it is as it is working it is not burying our head in the sand. But India doesn't dig holes looking for gold (ie, experimentation. That's rn we have to leave to the west & Chinks).

PS: yeah they use flat-head rivets that fit perfectly in the cups created for their heads, this leaving the top-surface flat.

FalconZero

Country flag

Roland55

Country flag

MonaLazy

I don't think carbon fibre can handle the g force of aircraft.
It sure can- it is 5x stronger than steel and 5x lighter. Please see that 787 video. The cabin can be pressurized more leading to better pilot comfort.

Also do all rivets induce drag?
This is NOT good, it is very very tedious, labour-intensive & the finished product depends entirely on the skill of the man rivetting- but cutting edge is where they are shaping entire fuselage parts from carbon tape robotically, eliminating 40-50,000 rivets and fasteners altogether.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
I also wonder if our C17 and P8i crews are qualified for A2A refuelling with the fixed boom method as the provision seems to be there on our aircraft
They won’t be, India doesn’t have any means of keeping them current for this UNLESS their respective sims are capable of getting them qualified for it (I’m skeptical)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles