LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I admire the info AKM is showing, but the narration and presentation just sucks. Same youngster youngster Kalam Kalam Guru this Guru that (with all due respect to the scientists, engineers, dr kalam, dr kota, etc.). I really wish somebody like Aroor could anchor something like this. AKM's presentations are like PC Ramakrishna's narration: Great content, but fully fucked up presentation.
Nah.. I like them. Had an amateurish originality to it. Maybe that's his style.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I admire the info AKM is showing, but the narration and presentation just sucks. Same youngster youngster Kalam Kalam Guru this Guru that (with all due respect to the scientists, engineers, dr kalam, dr kota, etc.). I really wish somebody like Aroor could anchor something like this. AKM's presentations are like PC Ramakrishna's narration: Great content, but fully fucked up presentation.
Anantha Krishnan seems to be the only genuine defence blogger. His simplicity and dedication are at best. The only difference with others is that AK doesn't show off and remain humble. Nothing wrong with calling your senior/mentor Guru, even repeatedly.

Shiv Aroor and Indranil ( someone who claimed 13 Tejas FOC delivered recently ) are part-timers and often thrown their guess as a truth. Once, Around 2010, Zee news made a documentary on Apache but for whole 30 minutes, they were showing a Mi-28 helicopter.

Anandhu Krishna

I don't think this is a case of arm twisting. Argentina invaded the South Atlantic Islands. Argentina claims the territory for itself. The inhabitants do not want to become Argentinian. The UK does not want to facilitate any increase in Argentinian military power. Like it or not, the UK supports self determination by the inhabitants of a territory and does not want Argentina to invade to capture the islands against the will of its inhabitants. Arm twisting would be the UK threatening to sanction India somehow if India exported Tejas to Argentina sans UK components.

You would not allow Indian firms to provide equipment for fighter aircraft to be exported to Pakistan, would you?

You make a good point. I do not know the reasons behind that. If UK passed up hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue on Tornado production my guess is that it was to avoid destabilising the balance of military power in the hope of that such would avoid further war between India and Pakistan.

Is the Indian view that after independence India should have remained one country? I think I would have favoured that provided that provisions were made to guarantee that the Muslim minority could live in security.
A lot of those "Inhabitants" are british and they control a lot of power. "self determination" pls.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
No.

We use Probe & Drogue configuration. A smaller IFR probe would been higher chances of Pitot tube entanglement with the Drogue during approach.
Except American origin aircraft(barring helicopters and F35 B and C variants ), the rest of the world uses the Probe and Drogue method right?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Except American origin aircraft(barring helicopters and F35 B and C variants ), the rest of the world uses the Probe and Drogue method right?
I also wonder if our C17 and P8i crews are qualified for A2A refuelling with the fixed boom method as the provision seems to be there on our aircraft

Trololo

Country flag
Anantha Krishnan seems to be the only genuine defence blogger. His simplicity and dedication are at best. The only difference with others is that AK doesn't show off and remain humble. Nothing wrong with calling your senior/mentor Guru, even repeatedly.

Shiv Aroor and Indranil ( someone who claimed 13 Tejas FOC delivered recently ) are part-timers and often thrown their guess as a truth. Once, Around 2010, Zee news made a documentary on Apache but for whole 30 minutes, they were showing a Mi-28 helicopter.
I'm not talkinng about indranil. i'm talking about aroor in his capacity as presenter/show anchor. he has some technical knowledge as well as humility to let the expert speak. his youtube shows with raghu nambiar, angad singh, etc were very informative. I wish he got to do this show, outside of the india today label. the presenntation would have been really good, without the repetitive videos shwon by mainsntream nnews channels.

Trololo

Country flag
I'm not talkinng about indranil. i'm talking about aroor in his capacity as presenter/show anchor. he has some technical knowledge as well as humility to let the expert speak. his youtube shows with raghu nambiar, angad singh, etc were very informative. I wish he got to do this show, outside of the india today label. the presenntation would have been really good, without the repetitive videos shwon by mainsntream nnews channels.
Another example why i dont like AKM's presentation is that he is too roundabout. He was doing a show at ADA some months back where he spent a considerable time making young scientists sinng and answer useless personal questions, instead of focusing on the technical matters at hand. Of course all the while doing youngster youngster kalam kalam. Again, no disrespect to anyone, but that style isn't useful for those who like to consume crisp technical content.

Trololo

Country flag

I do admire AKM's dedication and simplicity. No doubt. But that doesn't mean quality of production is good.

Roland55

Country flag
Extract of a recently published interview with the chief of the Argentine Air force: (plz dont turn this into a disscussion about the disputed south atlantic territories)

Q: Are there any plans to recover the supersonic capability ?

"There are various offers, there is the Chinese JF-17, the russian Mig-35 & Mig-29. We havent recieved any formal offer by the United states, we know they are preparing one. We also had an approach by india, who is offering the Tejas, and who are we in the first conversations. Some offerings lack details in terms of armament, logistics, performance, etc. The idea is to have all offers complete and in full detail by the end of the Year to present them to the MoD to define the aircraft and its respective budget."

Link to the article:
https://www.infodefensa.com/texto-d...racion?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

So formally the Tejas enters the "choice list" of the FAA...pretty nice i say :yo:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Why does Tejas fuselage sport joints, fasteners & Aluminium sheets riveted together- for a weight penalty and parasitic drag despite use of composites?

View attachment 114703
Easy to build & maintain, plus in like with past working experience... the plan is to have some degree of lock & joint system in MWF.

FBn-ivhVQAElH5G.jpeg

Also the surface is smooth as fuck, look at the pics of shiny Tejas!.. It doesn't cause parasitic drag if built properly. Just because the white people has moved on to a different fad, does not necessarily mean this is outdated or inefficient.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles