LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
the ONE reform that Modi shud have done is to take a sledgehammer and smash all the doordarshan cameras...perhaps the only way for those troglodytes to upgrade their equipment and hire better photographers and filmmakers for aerial photography. i am amazed as to what fetish these doordarshan guys have with netas eating samosas that they wud rather show them instead of tejas doing vertical charlie..."what?? you didnt see that ? cant u see the smoke dissipating rom the vertical charlie by tejas? so u can right?...that means we did our job! now listen to JAI HO and STFU!"...
Here, managed to get the good part....

vishnugupt

Country flag
Now it is the time to work on Tejas' Stealthy version. Atleast make it frontal stealth, Reduce weight, Make it more aerodynamic and user and maintenance friendly. This is what we need to work on Tejas. Electronics are bound to bound to replace every decade. Make it a potent platform which can defeat all the forth generation stuff. It can be our cash cow for atleast next two decades to come.
I think, You must have heard Tejas mk2

the ONE reform that Modi shud have done is to take a sledgehammer and smash all the doordarshan cameras...perhaps the only way for those troglodytes to upgrade their equipment and hire better photographers and filmmakers for aerial photography. i am amazed as to what fetish these doordarshan guys have with netas eating samosas that they wud rather show them instead of tejas doing vertical charlie..."what?? you didnt see that ? cant u see the smoke dissipating rom the vertical charlie by tejas? so u can right?...that means we did our job! now listen to JAI HO and STFU!"...
I think UNAF should hire private professionals for this.
Doordarshan is the only government entity that had never suffered debt. Always make a profit even without paying a penny. When things don't go well they start a retelecast of Ramayana and Mahabharata.😂😂 Intelligent people, Unka mast time kat raha hai.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think, You must have heard Tejas mk2

I think UNAF should hire private professionals for this.
Doordarshan is the only government entity that had never suffered debt. Always make a profit even without paying a penny. When things don't go well they start a retelecast of Ramayana and Mahabharata.😂😂 Intelligent people, Unka mast time kat raha hai.
What about Tejas Mk1? can we afford to let it as it is?

MirageBlue

Country flag
I believe that Mk1A is more maintenance-friendly than Mk1. Can the aerodynamics be changed much? I thought Tejas was sub-optimal in that department due to poor area ruling.
Yes changes being introduced to help maintenance technicians. But even then the Mk1 itself is several notches better than earlier gen fighters, with BITE (Built in Test Equipment) on board to help diagnose issues easily.

I wouldn't call it poor area ruling, rather it was not optimum area ruling. All of which are being addressed in the Tejas Mk2.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yes changes being introduced to help maintenance technicians. But even then the Mk1 itself is several notches better than earlier gen fighters, with BITE (Built in Test Equipment) on board to help diagnose issues easily.

I wouldn't call it poor area ruling, rather it was not optimum area ruling. All of which are being addressed in the Tejas Mk2.
To get proper area-ruling you have to bulge the spine, then they'll bitch about how rear-visibility is low... Only Teddy can stop this crying. That thing is a work of art. Using Rafale as a reference while expanding NLCA Mk2 was a great decision.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
Cant we make that refuelling probe a little bit smaller!!!
sry can't comment on this as i dont know much about it. I know that the position of probe is similar to mirage 2000.

MK2 will have retractable probe. Some on this forum said that the probe might look like jaguar probe.

doreamon

Country flag
Per hour operating cost of indian fighter jets . Tejas operating cost 2nd lowest at 4k $ which is above mirage 2k 2700-3700 $ . Probably mk1a operating cost ll be lower . Rafale highest at 16k $ . Followed by su30 .

F35 per hour operating cost is 28500 $ . F16 8000$ .

This article says f15 ex 29000 $ per hour and 44000 $ per hour for f35 in 2018

At such low operating cost IAF ll operate a fighter jet with AESA , EW system , helmet mounted display and unmatched weapon package like python v short range , astra family , meteor ( once uttam aesa integrated ) , brahmosh ng , spice 2000 and other indian bombs . Indeed a good deal .

Trololo

Country flag
I admire the info AKM is showing, but the narration and presentation just sucks. Same youngster youngster Kalam Kalam Guru this Guru that (with all due respect to the scientists, engineers, dr kalam, dr kota, etc.). I really wish somebody like Aroor could anchor something like this. AKM's presentations are like PC Ramakrishna's narration: Great content, but fully fucked up presentation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles