LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Aklukars

Country flag
Sure, China gaining control over SA countries is undesirable from my point of view. If, however, countries invite China to do so, that is not something that other countries can do much to prevent unless they can offer similar goods/services at a similar cost. I don't know international law but I bet it does not say anywhere that buying things from China is illegal.

Same as buying things from Russia is not illegal.
It's illegal the weapons. World police try to impose it and failed fantastically.

HawkisRight

Country flag
They should look at both the short-term picture and the long-term impact. When China comes, it's not just its military hardware. It comes as a package- a portion of soft loans in the beginning, 'gifts' for the government officials, and a few strategic projects at the expense of host- large-scale infra or a port which might fall into China's laps on non-payment of loans(Sri Lanka had way more economic stability than Argentina). A heavy Chinese presence in Latin America will be a headache for the West. On the other hand, a dozen of KA50/Tejas/Gripen isn't going to endanger the British sovereignty over Falklands. Imho, it's better to have a controlled opposition than to invite the unknown devil.
And why da fcuk should we care about British interests in occupied territories of Falklands... britfags are discussing cashmere in their parliament, Indirectly support militancy in Kashmir causing death of IA soldiers, britfag ambassador to Piggyland promotes tourism in PoK and u care about Western interest in LatAm..If these murican Lapdog britfags can't get over Their colonial hang then chopped heads of these anglo trash Lapdogs out of Falklands will be good leverage for us..

Covfefe

Country flag
Sure, China gaining control over SA countries is undesirable from my point of view. If, however, countries invite China to do so, that is not something that other countries can do much to prevent unless they can offer similar goods/services at a similar cost. I don't know international law but I bet it does not say anywhere that buying things from China is illegal.

Same as buying things from Russia is not illegal.
Them buying Chinese hardware voluntarily and them being pushed into a corner by shutting them out on every other option are two different things. Military purchase ties the buyer country to the seller for a long time horizon.

Covfefe

Country flag
But what does it had to do with Falklands? if britfags have no problem interfering in Kashmir then they shouldn't have problems wid what business we do with Argentina..And if britfags want to stop supplying hardware for tejas then all that strategic partnerships bunkum should go to gutter with all future trade agreements..
Chill down, man. They have the technology and hence the upper hand in the negotiations. Tomorrow, develop your own technology and sell it happily- the bargaining chips will be in your favor.

And you don't kill a strategic partnership over the sale of dozen-odd fighter jets to a third country (which isn't even guaranteed btw). Diplomacy is never a zero-sum game, everybody keeps dancing till the music stops.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Chill down, man. They have the technology and hence the upper hand in the negotiations. Tomorrow, develop your own technology and sell it happily- the bargaining chips will be in your favor.

And you don't kill a strategic partnership over the sale of dozen-odd fighter jets to a third country (which isn't even guaranteed btw). Diplomacy is never a zero-sum game, everybody keeps dancing till the music stops.
Lol No biradar...for few hardware on tejas u are ok wid militancy in Kashmir..so IA soldiers can die in Kashmir but we can get some fancy ejection seats on tejas..And no britfags actually don't have high seat in negotiations here vis a vis trade deal..

Spitfire9

Country flag
And why da fcuk should we care about British interests in occupied territories of Falklands... britfags are discussing cashmere in their parliament, Indirectly support militancy in Kashmir causing death of IA soldiers, britfag ambassador to Piggyland promotes tourism in PoK and u care about Western interest in LatAm..If these murican Lapdog britfags can't get over Their colonial hang then chopped heads of these anglo trash Lapdogs out of Falklands will be good leverage for us..
Shall I return the insults? No. I think you are ignorant of what was happening 40ish years ago and earlier concerning the Falkland Islands. Exactly what else you were trying to say is expressed with such idiocy that I won't bother trying to decypher it.

Covfefe

Country flag
Lol No biradar...for few hardware on tejas u are ok wid militancy in Kashmir..so IA soldiers can die in Kashmir but we can get some fancy ejection seats on tejas..And no britfags actually don't have high seat in negotiations here vis a vis trade deal..
I am not okay with militancy in Kashmir or IA soldiers dying but that condition does not get solved by rejecting technology from our foreign partners. The solution should be to cull the militants into a meatball and then preach that "peace is the only way ahead" (taking cue from the West) while continuing our engagement with the world. India has a huge appetite for technology and external partnerships are a must to fulfill that. With a bilateral trade of $33 Billion USD and a trade balance in India's favor, I like to think of UK as a pretty important partner for India.

And them discussing "Cashmere" in their parliament doesn't change the situation on the ground- they have their own complications to work with (Paki Brits lobbying, woke crowd thinking they know better than everyone else, keeping a thorn in India's flesh intact that can be used to press as required.....). As a nation, I believe, we can take a few punches without breaking a sweat.

Now this discussion has gone off-topic for this thread for LCA, so let's agree to have divergent opinions.

HawkisRight

Country flag
I am not okay with militancy in Kashmir or IA soldiers dying but that condition does not get solved by rejecting technology from our foreign partners. The solution should be to cull the militants into a meatball and then preach that "peace is the only way ahead" (taking cue from the West) while continuing our engagement with the world. India has a huge appetite for technology and external partnerships are a must to fulfill that. With a bilateral trade of $33 Billion USD and a trade balance in India's favor, I like to think of UK as a pretty important partner for India.

And them discussing "Cashmere" in their parliament doesn't change the situation on the ground- they have their own complications to work with (Paki Brits lobbying, woke crowd thinking they know better than everyone else, keeping a thorn in India's flesh intact that can be used to press as required.....). As a nation, I believe, we can take a few punches without breaking a sweat.

Now this discussion has gone off-topic for this thread for LCA, so let's agree to have divergent opinions.
Ok biradar for some other day..

Roland55

Country flag
Sure, China gaining control over SA countries is undesirable from my point of view. If, however, countries invite China to do so, that is not something that other countries can do much to prevent unless they can offer similar goods/services at a similar cost.
In cases like this Argentina didn't went directly to china in order to get the JF-17, it was a looong trip where considerations for other aircraft (Mirage F1s, M2000s, etc), all in one way or another were criticized by the Uk for including certain equipment that it was considered "Dangerous" (although the french never stopped offering them).

With a tight budget and not much options that are in the range of an LCA, the FA-50 was seen as a decent choice (a plane that at that time even lacked BVR missiles!, in no way it was a threat), but it was blocked...essentially driving the buyer towards the JF-17 or whatever Russia/China could offer.

The whole deal just revolves in the replacement of the old A-4 fleet, not in reviving tensions on the south Atlantic.

I find strange that the Argentine MoD was sent to discuss tejas, it was never seen an "official" option, i guess thats its entry to the list.

Anandhu Krishna

But what does it had to do with Falklands? if britfags have no problem interfering in Kashmir then they shouldn't have problems wid what business we do with Argentina..And if britfags want to stop supplying hardware for tejas then all that strategic partnerships bunkum should go to gutter with all future trade agreements.. there are certain Redlines in relationships which shall not be crossed by either side..So if Falklands is their redline then Kashmir is our redline..these britfags are Lapdogs of muricans since Suez crisis and they better know their Aukat

They (pakis in uk) are mouthing stupid sh*t in their parliament and it has literally Zero effect on us.

The Shrike

Country flag
IMO we should pursue any possible LCA deal with the Argentineans (replacing UK components or what ever is feasible) - even if not eventually successful, it will give us leverage against UK, something we can use to negotiate on the various issues we have with them. International relations is about leverage i.e. we either have something the other guy really wants or have the capability + will to hurt the other guys interests.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Nothing prevents HAL integrating a non-Martin Baker seat if they want to. Nothing prevents HAL going to a different radome supplier. Nothing prevents India developing a refuelling probe.

Is it worth doing, though, to be able to offer Tejas to Argentina? I cannot think of any other countries UK specifically would want to block from procuring Tejas.

Abdus Salem killed

Nothing prevents HAL integrating a non-Martin Baker seat if they want to. Nothing prevents HAL going to a different radome supplier. Nothing prevents India developing a refuelling probe.

Is it worth doing, though, to be able to offer Tejas to Argentina? I cannot think of any other countries UK specifically would want to block from procuring Tejas.
It's worth doing simply bcs
Pls forgive me Thier are no permanent friends
Your mayor If you are from uk is a porki
He has many porki friends and encourage khalistanis seperatist who had hijacked a flight before
If someday you decide to turn against us we will not be able to fight a superior nation with technology without our own backupsso

So no matter how painful we have to do it and now

Roland55

Country flag

There are other ways around...for once, Cobham was purchased by a US based company, meaning the provision could be done from a non British subsidiary. The same can be said about the seat, MB Italy offered multiple times to service and provide the MB seats that FAA planes use today.

As for the radome...well, thats the only one thats a bit complicated.

The other way around is via purchasing Ex-IAF units, as those components are owned by the indian Gov.

One way or the other...it gives a bad image of how HAL is limited to what the Uk Gov says. (on the other spectrum, China has worked out almost all non Chinese components of the JF-17 for one of this cases)

EDIT: Not to focus on this offer specifically, but bypassing this issues is a huge deal that gives a lot of liberty to HAL and its products.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
There are other ways around...for once, Cobham was purchased by a US based company, meaning the provision could be done from a non British subsidiary. The same can be said about the seat, MB Italy offered multiple times to service and provide the MB seats that FAA planes use today.

As for the radome...well, thats the only one thats a bit complicated.

The other way around is via purchasing Ex-IAF units, as those components are owned by the indian Gov.

One way or the other...it gives a bad image of how HAL is limited to what the Uk Gov says. (on the other spectrum, China has worked out almost all non Chinese components of the JF-17 for one of this cases)

EDIT: Not to focus on this offer specifically, but bypassing this issues is a huge deal that gives a lot of liberty to HAL and its products.
India won't offer tejas , reason is simple friend that indian airforce needs them fast to replace the mig 21s .
While HAL Is slow as a snail.

Spitfire9

Country flag
It's worth doing simply bcs
Pls forgive me Thier are no permanent friends
Your mayor If you are from uk is a porki
He has many porki friends and encourage khalistanis seperatist who had hijacked a flight before
If someday you decide to turn against us we will not be able to fight a superior nation with technology without our own backupsso

So no matter how painful we have to do it and now
Agreed, independence from foreign suppliers is the way to avoid politically motivated interference with security of supplies for India and freedom to choose export customers.

I presume there is a programme to develop an Indian refuelling probe. Radome - is that something that can be done in India in a small number of years? Ejection seat I imagine is a bigger problem but couldn't a Russian one be used or one be co-developed with Russia?

India won't offer tejas , reason is simple friend that indian airforce needs them fast to replace the mig 21s .
While HAL Is slow as a snail.
People keep reassuring me that export orders would not impact IAF deliveries since HAL would expand capacity to meet the extra demand. What reason is there to have a high degree of confidence that capacity increase would happen in a timely fashion?

So I don't see any point in offering Tejas to Agentina and I think anything more than one or two small export orders would probably simply result in more foreign fighters being purchased for IAF.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles