LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Alfalfa

Country flag
I feel very sorry for Sitara. It was a very ambitious project and materialized in record time. Had designing gone well, they would have been flying in numbers. By the way, what is the status of this plane.
AFAIK, fuselage underwent redesign and they've recently cleared the spin trials... what next, as always is upto the IAF, MoD, planetary alignment - Rahu Ketu, etc. etc.

Alfalfa

Country flag
This is very old news.
If you have a more recent update .. please do share with us!
The last I heard about the Sitara was in Nov 20, after that its just some mumbo jumbo about replacing the NPO Saturn AL 55 with the HTFE 25 etc etc. but that is all in the air...

Spitfire9

Country flag
The last I heard about the Sitara was in Nov 20, after that its just some mumbo jumbo about replacing the NPO Saturn AL 55 with the HTFE 25 etc etc. but that is all in the air...
According to Wiki:
With Birhle as a consultant, the air frame was modified to move the tailfin and tailplane further down which is expected to make spin recovery easier. The modified aircraft flew for the first time in April 2019.
If so, what has happened with spin recovery testing?

Chinmoy

Country flag
The first flight of HJT-36 with Al55i took place on February this year. Two of the engines has been delivered and based on user certification, 16 more engines would be delivered to HAL. Along with it, license production of same in Koraput facility would happen.

Priority right now is HTT-40 after which HJT-36 would get DAC approval.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles