LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I will try to answer one last time. HAL MD said we will deliver. Few weeks back news came which I think u know about that IAF is not able to take delivery as Sulur base is already occupied. Most probably base where Tejas were to be shifted either not done or some other issue. So There is delay in taking delivery. After that no update is received from either sides. So there is no info. If there would have been then somebody would have posted. Asking same question again and again won't give u answer as no one on the forum works on MoD. Everyone is depending on news portal and bit of sources.
Second FOC was delivered to IAF and no info was publicized much. Only after months few portals informed about it. So keep ears to ground. If there will be anything u will know else its just spamming.
Can I get the source of this news ?

vishnugupt

Country flag
Possible. I read the delivery first year won't be 16 as mostly inputs r taken from first lot aircrafts. But I can be wrong on that. It was 18 trainers than 8MK1a then 16 per year from 2025 if I m right.
If you count from March-2024 to December -2024 then its quite possible HAL may found herself short to deliver 16 jets a year. But if you count in a financial year then it will be 16 jets / year from start.
Delivery of Tejas Mk1/Mk1A trainers will start much earlier than 2024 because 18 trainers will be in Mk1 configuration there is no Mk1A trainer as per contract but IAF can change demand anytime.

Ghost hale

Country flag
If you count from March-2024 to December -2024 then its quite possible HAL may found herself short to deliver 16 jets a year. But if you count in a financial year then it will be 16 jets / year from start.
Delivery of Tejas Mk1/Mk1A trainers will start much earlier than 2024 because 18 trainers will be in Mk1 configuration there is no Mk1A trainer as per contract but IAF can change demand anytime.
Yes. All trainers r to be delivered before MK1a delivery start but I m quite sure it was FY24. But ignore it as I cn be wrong.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Have some black sheep from idrw here. Someone mentioned Nashik plant would be used for LCA production and in a week there is an article from this shameless website.
😂 This site should be banned in my opinion. Worthless waste of bandwidth

vishnugupt

Country flag
Keep.chewing his statement !
With all due respect, Despite of hearing your nonstop rant I am willing to hear you even more.
First, Please Tell us your opinion regarding delay from HAL
secondly, Your Opinion on why are 4 Tejas FOC still standing at HAL tarmac?

It will be even more pleasure if you produce something which you are asking in every other post--- A PROOF !!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If someone wants to find the history of LCA Tejas programme, is there a blog or article available which captures the history accurately including external factors like economy and US sanctions which had an impact on Tejas program?
============
HAL Tejas, one of the most problematic aircraft programmes of our times

Ghost hale

Country flag
I have checked. There is no source only speculations from certified HALovers !
Read and raise questions. Both were shared in thread.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
He meant to say.... Hopefully Supply from MSMEs will be resumed by July.
If he was not sure he should not have commented on the issue.
It such a senior personal is committing on deadline they should follow it. If their are problems in supply chain he should have come clean. No one will blame him for that but he should lay facts as they are.
They has delayed a lot of projects till date yet they don't are not transparent about the program status, hence they are not getting benefit of doubt.

Last edited:

vishnugupt

Country flag
If he was not sure he should not have commented on the issue.
Then who should comment if not a MD or you want like armed forces do "Person who wished not to be named":hehe:
It such a senior personal is committing on deadline they should follow it.
he was hoping instead of throwing challenge to deliver.
If their are problems in supply chain he should have come clean.
Why so?? because a few people are going impatient on DFI ?? Imagine what will happen if people start asking Armed forces to come clean on endless trials and delayed orders?

They has delayed a lot of projects till date yet they don't are not transparent about the program status, hence they are not getting benefit of doubt.
A few only but most of project delayed/Died due to Armed forces .

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then who should comment if not a MD or you want like armed forces do "Person who wished not to be named":hehe:

he was hoping instead of throwing challenge to deliver.

Why so?? because a few people are going impatient on DFI ?? Imagine what will happen if people start asking Armed forces to come clean on endless trials and delayed orders?

A few only but most of project delayed/Died due to Armed forces .
Yeah.
IOC to FOC conversion : 7 years. Due to armed forces.
Kaveri engine : due to armed forces..
IJT Sitara : Running since 90s..Must be fault of Armed forces

HAL and sons ! My sweet cute Bunny!

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Read and raise questions. Both were shared in thread.
Where does it say that IAF did not take for lack of facilities in Sulur or any other air base !
Screenshot_2021-08-04-02-02-09-470_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ghost hale

Country flag
Where does it say that IAF did not take for lack of facilities in Sulur or any other air base ! View attachment 103246
"Second squadron at the home base in Sulur, Tamil Nadu. with more aircraft in the pipeline to be delivered in the next two months, the first squadron will move to the western front base to make space for the second squadron. FOC variant of the Second squadron is likely to be posted at Srinagar Air force Base to replace the Mig-21 squadron at the Air force station."

Did u read?

Last edited:

vishnugupt

Country flag
Yeah.
IOC to FOC conversion : 7 years. Due to armed forces.
Kaveri engine : due to armed forces..
IJT Sitara : Running since 90s..Must be fault of Armed forces

HAL and sons ! My sweet cute Bunny!
A few, I already said ... Should I need to tell you disasters/ blunders/ scams done by Armed forces??
सह नहीं पायेंगे आप।

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles