3. Altimeter
4. Night flying equipment s
5. Spj
Are some which are being tested

Bdw
We have indigenous
1. Aesa radar

2. Ew system
3.spj pod ( will be tested from su30 mki)

Though we don't have indigenous ldp pod in development.

sakalasiva

Country flag
Then it's HAL's fault. They delayed it to the point IAF don't want it now. Lets order checkmate in 230 number on fast track because national security.
Wow you want to order aircraft in huge numbers which even taken its first flight leave alone proving it's capability. Recently in Egypt mock drill exercise rafale jammed su35 radar all time. This proves not good enough standard avionics of Russian fighter. What you want to do with that kind of fighters for future wars where avionics matters a lot.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Wow you want to order aircraft in huge numbers which even taken its first flight leave alone proving it's capability. Recently in Egypt mock drill exercise rafale jammed su35 radar all time. This proves not good enough standard avionics of Russian fighter. What you want to do with that kind of fighters for future wars where avionics matters a lot.
Was a sarcasm. Still few points that can be taken from this incident u mentioned.
- Su 35 Radar PESA, quite powerful still PESA has its disadvantages.
- Was up against Spectra one of the most sophisticated EW suite currently available.
- We don't know parameters. Number advantage or not. Frequency variation, pilot training standards as frequency variations are available in Ibris too. A quick switching which we dont know is allowed to what point would hv helped better.

The statement was made for ppl bashing HAL for everything and making note that IAF is picture perfect. But still that incident alone don't define SU 35s capability. A simple radar change would change situation drastically. And I wont be suggesting buying checkmate for sure as if it matters.

Have a look.

sakalasiva

Country flag
Why many Indians are more excited about Sukhoi checkmate. Where it is not taken its first flight yet. We all know , how much Russian avionics inferior in comparison with Western alternatives. Yet people are jumping the guns for this new aircraft. I did not find that level of excitement even for Tejas in our country. Is cheaper price tag is only criteria for our love for things.

Last edited:

Ghost hale

Country flag
Why many Indians are more excited about Sukhoi checkmate. Where it is not taken its first flight yet. We are know Russian how much Russian avionics inferior in comparison with Western alternatives. Yet people are jumping the guns for this new aircraft. I did not that level of excitement even for Tejas in our country. Is cheaper price tag is only criteria for our love for things.
Its not cheap. 30 mils is barebone price. Estimates are of final price somewhere north of 60 mils.

sakalasiva

Country flag
Was a sarcasm. Still few points that can be taken from this incident u mentioned.
- Su 35 Radar PESA, quite powerful still PESA has its disadvantages.
- Was up against Spectra one of the most sophisticated EW suite currently available.
- We don't know parameters. Number advantage or not. Frequency variation, pilot training standards as frequency variations are available in Ibris too. A quick switching which we dont know is allowed to what point would hv helped better.

The statement was made for ppl bashing HAL for everything and making note that IAF is picture perfect. But still that incident alone don't define SU 35s capability. A simple radar change would change situation drastically. And I wont be suggesting buying checkmate for sure as if it matters.

Have a look.
I agree with you to an extent. But in modern day combat avionics and stealth of aircraft matters where Russian did not mastered it yet. So currently, Western fighters are better than Russian fighters in BVR.

Ghost hale

Country flag
I agree with you to an extent. But in modern day combat avionics and stealth of aircraft matters where Russian did not mastered it yet. So currently, Western fighters are better than Russian fighters in BVR.
This is open ended and very broad general statement. I prefer comparing specifics and decide on basis of what info is publicly available for those. What u r saying is common notion but I try to refrain from getting in those.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
First of all, we entered the exclusive economic zone. Second, we used transport aircraft instead of bombers and fighter jets. Finally, this is just a reminder to Southeast Asian countries not to participate in the recent European and American interference in the South China Sea.
In the entire human history not an empire or king claimed a sea.

there is nothing Chinese about Champa Sagara(what you call ScS).

MirageBlue

Country flag
Points to ponder :
1. U r talking about an a/c that is to be delivered in 2025-26 at earliest. Even after that.
2. TejEx was to be bare bones with options available for integration as U hv ur FCR so that is not case of IF but when. France already had shared Pod with Malaysia and Relations with India is All time high so no issues there.
3. That was India's choice. France offered their HMD. It was to maintain commonality. One of the India specific changes.
Yes, but it still needs to be integrated and tested thoroughly, which is not a small task. If RMAF chooses the Tejas and asks HAL/ADA to integrate the Talios then they will do it, but it will cost additional money and take time.

France has not offered any other HMD for the Rafale as they have not integrated any of Thales' products either. They don't have any HMDS integrated with the Rafale as yet. It is planned for the F4 variant.

lcafanboy

Country flag
First of all, we entered the exclusive economic zone. Second, we used transport aircraft instead of bombers and fighter jets. Finally, this is just a reminder to Southeast Asian countries not to participate in the recent European and American interference in the South China Sea.
@lixun or what Lund. World has seen what happened to Hitler and Germany and world will see what happens to XITLER and Ching Chong China...😡😡

Hitler was brought down by Allied forces with the help of Indian army and now XITLER and Ching Chong China will too be down, since XITLER has irked India under Modi. Germany was divided into west and east Germany and China will be divided into several states like Xinjiang, Mongolia Tibet and phunu China....😡

Ghost hale

Country flag
Yes, but it still needs to be integrated and tested thoroughly, which is not a small task. If RMAF chooses the Tejas and asks HAL/ADA to integrate the Talios then they will do it, but it will cost additional money and take time.

France has not offered any other HMD for the Rafale as they have not integrated any of Thales' products either. They don't have any HMDS integrated with the Rafale as yet. It is planned for the F4 variant.
Both integration can be done and regarding extra cost, If u r offering a product nd mentioning u will offer with Indigenous FCR then it is anything but obvious u hv idea of issues u will face. Replacements r available for both which can very well be integrated since u hv know how of FCR. And Time is not an issue. Its 5 years down the line. Deals r not a/c cost x number. Yesterday only I read somewhere that even 3 JF17 cost Nigeria 183 mils I guess. Thats 61 mils per a/c. So we r just looking if alternate is available or not which very well is.

Ghost hale

Country flag
@lixun or what Lund. World has seen what happened to Hitler and Germany and world will see what happens to XITLER and Ching Chong China...😡😡

Hitler was brought down by Allied forces with the help of Indian army and now XITLER and Ching Chong China will too be down, since XITLER has irked India under Modi. Germany was divided into west and east Germany and China will be divided into several states like Xinjiang, Mongolia Tibet and phunu China....😡
shaant bheem.jpg

Spitfire9

Country flag
HAL has 6 weeks to respond to the RFP from Malaysia. I don't know how these things work but unless HAL can line up a deal with an LDP supplier by then (which I see as impossible), I don't see how they can offer an Israeli-free product. Even if HAL came to an agreement with an LDP producer and knew what it would cost, how long would it take to integrate? And all that cost to be carried by 36 aircraft - not viable to me.

Then there is the production problem. What confidence can Malaysia have that HAL will adhere to a delivery schedule? Can HAL demonstrate a good record in adhering to past Tejas delivery schedules?

Additionally all Mk1A production - given current assembly resources in Bengaluru - is committed to IAF for years to come. Sure, Nashik could assemble Mk1A but how long would it take to get up and running? Remember, HAL does not want to spend money on increasing production capacity based on potential future orders. It wants the orders first - a no risk approach to building an export business.

Ghost hale

Country flag
HAL has 6 weeks to respond to the RFP from Malaysia. I don't know how these things work but unless HAL can line up a deal with an LDP supplier by then (which I see as impossible), I don't see how they can offer an Israeli-free product. Even if HAL came to an agreement with an LDP producer and knew what it would cost, how long would it take to integrate? And all that cost to be carried by 36 aircraft - not viable to me.

Then there is the production problem. What confidence can Malaysia have that HAL will adhere to a delivery schedule? Can HAL demonstrate a good record in adhering to past Tejas delivery schedules?

Additionally all Mk1A production - given current assembly resources in Bengaluru - is committed to IAF for years to come. Sure, Nashik could assemble Mk1A but how long would it take to get up and running? Remember, HAL does not want to spend money on increasing production capacity based on potential future orders. It wants the orders first - a no risk approach to building an export business.
Its never offered like Israel free product. The offer made for product is always current product with * over replaceable item. Thus final price is always subject to change. The bid amount shared for product is bare minimum with current product. Country specific changes cost separately. Thus all those things are confirmed before final contract signing which is way ahead.

Viability can't be mentioned by u or me here without knowledge of an iota about cost, margins, effort etc. So if bid is offered than assumption is it is very much viable.

There is 36 months average time span globally between contract signing and first a/c delivery. Its for the same. Production line setup and modification, component delivery contracts etc. Regarding adhere to schedule is not our lookout. Malaysian officials are already scheduled to come to HAL facility for visit and they need to judge it.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
And who dafaq are you to flex non-present muscles nigga
:bplease:
LmFaO

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles