LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
Astra trial this month (tentative)... Whatever LCA that may be handed ocer to IAF will be back to HAL by August-September to get it 😑 like SP-17 was sent back after Derby.

It will be for all Tejas. So anyhow it will be in batches.

Spitfire9

Country flag
When will FOC Tejas be delivered? I'm sick of hearing about delay after delay. Who is responsible for these deliveries? Do we have a name?
If you read further up, IAF will have 6 by end July. Another 10 are due to be delivered by end March 2022 but HAL has indicated that this will not happen due to disruption caused by the virus at HAL and sub-contractors.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
If you read further up, IAF will have 6 by end July. Another 10 are due to be delivered by end March 2022 but HAL has indicated that this will not happen due to disruption caused by the virus at HAL and sub-contractors.
I saw that, but I also saw that 4 were supposed to be have been delivered by now. Which is it? 4 by now, or 6 at the end of July? And honestly, virus is going to be the virus. This is an issue of national security. If you think other countries will wait because of a virus... lol.

Spitfire9

Country flag
I saw that, but I also saw that 4 were supposed to be have been delivered by now. Which is it? 4 by now, or 6 at the end of July? And honestly, virus is going to be the virus. This is an issue of national security. If you think other countries will wait because of a virus... lol.
Ah, 'supposed to...' All sorts of things were supposed to happen where Tejas is concerned.

As I understand from what I have read here, 1 or 2 have been delivered to IAF which I understand to mean that they are complete and ownership has been transferred to IAF (or whatever entity owns IAF aircraft). Could be wrong on that. Sounds to me like 4 more will be ready for IAF to take away by end July.

Which leaves the question of when more will be completed, ready to be flown away.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Ah, 'supposed to...' All sorts of things were supposed to happen where Tejas is concerned.

As I understand from what I have read here, 1 or 2 have been delivered to IAF which I understand to mean that they are complete and ownership has been transferred to IAF (or whatever entity owns IAF aircraft). Could be wrong on that. Sounds to me like 4 more will be ready for IAF to take away by end July.

Which leaves the question of when more will be completed, ready to be flown away.
2 with IAF. 4 with HAL should be transferred by EOM. Rest might be delayed by few months maybe second quarter of 2022.

Even MK2 is delayed because of covid

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Can this idrw article be published on NewsComWorld.com? Whom should I contact for permission?
Maybe not , idrw owner us too grumpy to allow any Republication of his news ,ecen though he may have taken it from someone else

Global Defence

New threads

Articles