LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Rafale design is very brilliant

Reasonably layout the overall size. In order to reduce the height of the whole machine, Rafale did not use the real belly air intake, but adopted a similar two-rib air intake, which can maintain the advantages of the belly air intake in the case of high angle of attack and large deflection angle. Because the abdomen intake can ensure the air flow rate for the normal operation of the engine, and can effectively reduce the height of the whole machine.
This choice was also made so as to clearly separate the 2 air intakes. Why? to avoid in case of a break down of an engine a air contamination thanks to the side by side air intakes to the other (one eurofighter suffered of such a mistake and crashed with at least one die)

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bleh ji we people make an assumption that China will look at money while handing weapons to Pak , they will to some extent but will give some leeway as it concerns India .
I think China will give more than 36 j 10 to Pakistan.
A second front should be strong against us , you see
In fact, Pakistan wants J10, but China does not want to send it for free. China is waiting for Pakistan to ask for money from Arabia. If Pakistan and India go to war, China will directly hand over some fighters to Pakistan. After all, the Pakistan Air Force is very familiar with them

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
In fact, Pakistan wants J10, but China does not want to send it for free. China is waiting for Pakistan to ask for money from Arabia. If Pakistan and India go to war, China will directly hand over some fighters to Pakistan. After all, the Pakistan Air Force is very familiar with them
I see , I think China will handover even more jf 17 in bulk to Pakistan , quantity has its own quality

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I see , I think China will handover even more jf 17 in bulk to Pakistan , quantity has its own quality
To be honest, Rafale is good, but it should not be bought. Rafale is a NATO system. It cannot form a good combat system with India’s main 270 su30. India should ask France to upgrade the su30’s avionics system and buy more S350s. , S400, su57,

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
All are from our side towards Pakistan , I posted it here so that foreign members can see what really transpires at LoC often ( weekly or even daily many times.)

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
To be honest, Rafale is good, but it should not be bought. Rafale is a NATO system. It cannot form a good combat system with India’s main 270 su30. India should ask France to upgrade the su30’s avionics system and buy more S350s. , S400, su57,
India has always been a French customer , even when there was Soviet Union , it's the only western European nation we trust when it comes to fighter planes .
From ourgans to mysteres to mirages to rafales.
Plus France is not officially in NATO .

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 100140an image of a artillery duel in Kashmir , 2 years back.
It's from Indian side towards Pakistani side.
Sometimes wars are really beautiful, the passing of life, the coming of death, loyalty, betrayal, anger, sadness, all the ugliness of all humanity come down on the world like a rainstorm.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I read somewhere that dassault initially offered mirage 2000 in a upgraded form for the Indian mmrca competition.
Later changed to Rafael , because mirages assembly line was shutting down.
India wanted to buy 150 mirage 2000 in in the 80s but we ordered 50 mirage 2000 only , rest mig 29 was ordered
IAF wanted 120+ M2000 in a GtoG deal. Dassault was ready to give the full assembly line to India as the product was at the end of its commercial life and Dassault need to clean the Merignac plant to produce Rafale.
It failed, and India finally open the MMRCA 1 contest.
It was too late for M2000 as the line was scratched some years before... And Dassault promoted Rafale.

Just imagine IAF today with 120 M2000-5 more in the inventory....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Too late Bro. 36 already purchased, and 36 more are likely.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Many people think that French President Charles de Gaulle took his country out of NATO in 1966 when he demanded that all military headquarters and installations not under French command depart French territory by 1967, but this is not the case.

What France did was withdraw from NATO's integrated military command structure – thus French personnel were no longer assigned to the staffs of headquarters in the NATO command structure and French units were not placed under NATO command, but France remained an active member of the Alliance itself and French personnel continued to serve at NATO's political headquarters in Brussels as well as in liaison offices at the other military headquarters.

The Shrike

Country flag

Check the 'design variations' section in the wiki link.
Surprising few places on the interwebs actually tell you what a cranked wing actually is 🤔.
Wiki
In a cranked or polyhedral wing the dihedral angle varies along the span.
ie the delta leading edge is not straight from the beginning to the end.
Is that a double delta or a cranked wing (or both) used by the F-7? I don't see the later from the posted images. @lixun

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles