LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

omaebakabaka

Will probably choose a cheap and easy to maintain fighter.

Can Tejas full fill this requirement?
How is a cheap interceptor the criteria, doesn't it have to be capable? It is better to not have one vs having an incapable one...its just some bluster from leftists or female vultures in power. I would not read much into it...

They would not consider Tejas

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
How is a cheap interceptor the criteria, doesn't it have to be capable? It is better to not have one vs having an incapable one...its just some bluster from leftists or female vultures in power. I would not read much into it...

They would not consider Tejas

I didn't talk about capability because going from turboprop to modern 4+ gen aircraft is itself a huge capability jump.
So would the Irish know exactly what they are looking for since the last fighter jet they used was many decades ago?

Edit: mistakenly wrote fighter "jet" above.
The Irish have never operated a jet fighter.

A section of Irish may want to move away from dependency from UK and have to overcome the resistance of those who prefer the status quo enough to commit a billion or so euros.

This is why I think easy maintenance and cheapness would be more important.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

I didn't talk about capability because going from turboprop to modern 4+ gen aircraft is itself a huge capability jump.
So would the Irish know exactly what they are looking for since the last fighter jet they used was many decades ago

A section of Irish may want to move away from dependency from UK and have to overcome the resistance of those who prefer the status quo enough to commit a billion or so euros.

This is why I think easy maintenance and cheapness would be more important.
Irish are not irish anymore in spirit, bunch of chumps that will jump at orders from EU. Minus England, they will become bitches in no time.....they produce nothing other than tax free heavens. I am talking about NI and Scotts in context vs independent one....but they are the same already.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles