LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Guys, any truth in this news?

Drop the price of Jf-17 or will go for Indian Tejas: Argentina to China

Seems fake news to me.
Reason why many Indian fanboys site are not taken seriously. Martin Baker seats are not allowed by British to be sold to Argentina. They wanted Ka50. British forces US to block GE404 also blocking Korea to sell with British parts.
Without British parts we don't have seats or radome or IFR.

Trololo

Country flag
Reason why many Indian fanboys site are not taken seriously. Martin Baker seats are not allowed by British to be sold to Argentina. They wanted Ka50. British forces US to block GE404 also blocking Korea to sell with British parts.
Argentina's best bet to modernise is to transfer lock, stock, and barrel to Russian systems. I honestly do not see India exporting combat aircraft until post 2030 because domestic production will be picked up by IAF.

Roland55

Country flag
The US didn't block the 404, the main reason KAI was forced to block the sale was because there were a number of components made in Britain that couldn't be exported, it was mainly a political issue, if the next argentine government has a more relaxed relationship with the Uk its possible that the issue regarding some of the components (in the case of the Tejas a lot less than the FA-50) the issue could be bypassed. Or just try to get India to manufacture the components to replace... :hmm:

Tang

Country flag
The US didn't block the 404, the main reason KAI was forced to block the sale was because there were a number of components made in Britain that couldn't be exported, it was mainly a political issue, if the next argentine government has a more relaxed relationship with the Uk its possible that the issue regarding some of the components (in the case of the Tejas a lot less than the FA-50) the issue could be bypassed. Or just try to get India to manufacture the components to replace... :hmm:
We even had a indigenous radome so that issue is solved, for radar we can go for Uttam.
Further sub system can be changed,
I think we must pursue this deal, it will only help us.

Tang

Country flag
.. & end up offending the Brits so they walk out of the proposed 110kN JV! We've gotta think this thru..
Are you scared of Brits, or do you think this RR deal will work?
They need us more than we need them,
Ok so let me give u a example - do you think brit will be unhappy with china supplying FC01 to Argentina?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
We even had a indigenous radome so that issue is solved, for radar we can go for Uttam.
Iff possible also but still no need to get excited

varun9509

Country flag
Ok so let me give u a example - do you think brit will be unhappy with china supplying FC01 to Argentina?
Considering recent good developments between UK-India relations including important talks like FTA etc. I don't think we would want to upset Brits.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
.. & end up offending the Brits so they walk out of the proposed 110kN JV! We've gotta think this thru..
There's no confirmation that we will be having JV with RR for 110kn engine. Infact, there's no promise even after official confirmation that we would be having any engine with RR at all, looking at the track record of GTRE. We need to fund and focus on what we have in the hands, we do have brains but lack intentions.

Roland55

Country flag
HAL could get tejas a better reputation if it gets exported, and it could also persuade further nationalization of internal components in order to avoid being embargoed of vetoed by other nations.

Gentlemen, one way or another Argentina (much like any other nation) is on the look to replace some of its aircraft and add more modern capabilities to its Air Force, if they go with Jf-17, Tejas or any other aircraft in the market, the Uk will probably protest (or not) depending on what party the gov of Argentina is. Selling 12 or 24 aircraft to Argentina won’t be much when the uk has a more capable force, and besides…if they buy Jf-17 We probably won’t see the uk sanction Pakistan or cutting deals for them.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
HAL could get tejas a better reputation if it gets exported, and it could also persuade further nationalization of internal components in order to avoid being embargoed of vetoed by other nations.

Gentlemen, one way or another Argentina (much like any other nation) is on the look to replace some of its aircraft and add more modern capabilities to its Air Force, if they go with Jf-17, Tejas or any other aircraft in the market, the Uk will probably protest (or not) depending on what party the gov of Argentina is. Selling 12 or 24 aircraft to Argentina won’t be much when the uk has a more capable force, and besides…if they buy Jf-17 We probably won’t see the uk sanction Pakistan or cutting deals for them.
Look buddy , we are not against sale to Argentina ,w would love it ,but we here on a forum can't predict the deal ,do we ??

Hope Argentina and UK both solve this issue of islands , UK at max Should go for a base there , nothing more is profitable for them

MirageBlue

Country flag
The indigenous radome didn't work well with higher than acceptable electromagnetic losses.

And there is no other real Western option to the MB ejection seat. The only other real option would be the Russian Zvezda K-36 ejection seat but that will not be an easy integration at all.

MirageBlue

Country flag
He said something like "yes, ew system are being integrated to the lca".. Could have meant the Mark1A tho.
Let me find that post again. It was very specific and did not allude to the Tejas Mk1A.

There you go..

Interview with ACM RKS Bhadauria

SP’s: Please indicate on the plans for:

• a: EW Jammers which are reportedly missing in Su-30 and LCA Mk1;
  • b: Long range BVR air-to-air missile for Mirage 2000, and Sukhoi;
  • c: Hawks in air to ground role.
CAS: The Su-30 MKI aircraft are equipped with EW capability which meets its operational roles. The LCA aircraft fleet is also being equipped with jamming equipment. Astra BVR has been successfully tested on the Su-30 MKI and integration on the fleet is underway. Mirage 2000 has been upgraded to fire the long range BVR missiles. The Hawks are currently used in a training role. Their utilisation during contingencies has been suitably catered in our operational plans.
The question was specifically related to EW equipment for the Tejas Mk1. And he replied that the LCA aircraft fleet is also being equipped with jamming equipment. Mk1A is still under development so the question of equipping it doesn't arise IMO.

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Let me find that post again. It was very specific and did not allude to the Tejas Mk1A.

There you go..

Interview with ACM RKS Bhadauria

The question was specifically related to EW equipment for the Tejas Mk1. And he replied that the LCA aircraft fleet is also being equipped with jamming equipment. Mk1A is still under development so the question of equipping it doesn't arise IMO.
Any idea which Long Range BVR will be for Mirage 2000. MICA NG is still years away.
Are we going with Derby or Astra. ?

MirageBlue

Country flag
Any idea which Long Range BVR will be for Mirage 2000. MICA NG is still years away.
Are we going with Derby or Astra. ?
Astra Mk1 integration may be feasible given that the Mirage-2000I's Mission Computer is of HAL origin. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. It will remain the MICA-EM for the coming few years. The Su-30MKI, Tejas and MiG-29UPG fleets are supposed to get the Astra Mk1 and Mk2 AFAIK.

Actually with the Tejas Mk1 getting the I-Derby ER BVRAAM integrated and tested, it is sorted for now. Those fleets that depend on the R-77 and R-27 need the Astra Mk1 the most urgently. viz. Su-30MKI, MiG-29UPG and MiG-29K.

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Astra Mk1 integration may be feasible given that the Mirage-2000I's Mission Computer is of HAL origin. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. It will remain the MICA-EM for the coming few years. The Su-30MKI, Tejas and MiG-29UPG fleets are supposed to get the Astra Mk1 and Mk2 AFAIK.

Actually with the Tejas Mk1 getting the I-Derby ER BVRAAM integrated and tested, it is sorted for now. Those fleets that depend on the R-77 and R-27 need the Astra Mk1 the most urgently. viz. Su-30MKI, MiG-29UPG and MiG-29K.
MICA is a great but a bit short legged.. what exactly is the issue with integrating Astra with Mirage ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles