LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Almost 1000 trm aesa for mk1a is phenomenal. It just blows all its competitors out of water. Fantastic if true. Previously it was rumoured mk1a will have only 700+ trm but they have managed to do much better.

Which means MWF might see even more trm as it will have more power available.
Radome size in Mark1 & Mark2 are same... MWF can have more only of its nose-plug had created enough space of house a greater coolibg mechanism.

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
Just out of curiosity - Since ELTA 2052 is proposed for Mark 1A, what is it currently preventing the use of the same in the already out IOC/FOC versions instead of the pulse doppler radar? Is it the radome size or engine power or software upgrade? I believe the former may not be the issue as the radome size of Mark 1 and IA are almost identical. When it comes to engine power, is the AESAR not less power consuming than a mechanically steered antenna? Finally, if it is a software upgrade, is it that difficult as all codes are developed by us only?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
A toaster which outperformed elta in it's initial trials , and this is improved mk2
Ok, I heard it had some troubles meeting the longrange A2G clarity requirments while ground-scanning but overshooting the A2A ones.. This "mark2" probably is a version with those fixed (& not technically an upgrade).

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I just hope so ! But admit that this radar has a very strange look. But I agree the good looking of a radar is not the main asset we may expect from it.
Strange look , check

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles