LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

omaebakabaka

My assumption is that Pathankot sees more probing by the Paris hence higher sortie rates and for reasons outlined by others (Pathankot protecting the skies down to the West) although I can't speak to that, this is the first time I've heard this view.
Srinagar and Pathankot are still frontline bases so I don't see this as anything worth concern, sending the LCA to a frontline operational role this soon after induction speaks to confidence in the machine.
Old but first hand info on Jaisalmer and pathankot....reaction time is very little and while Srinagar if lost on surprize does not lead into main India considering paf abilities. Risk is very different....With Skardu (I think they have an airbase loaned to Chinese?), Srinagar is a good place to test

Frontrunner

Country flag
Old but first hand info on Jaisalmer and pathankot....reaction time is very little and while Srinagar if lost on surprize does not lead into main India considering paf abilities. Risk is very different....With Skardu (I think they have an airbase loaned to Chinese?), Srinagar is a good place to test
Srinagar af base will get MRSAM to protect it from any surprise attack nd will compliment spyder .. i guess we need to better AD of the Srinagar base as any attack in a future conflict will be most likely targeted at Srinagar Airforce base..

Most likely AD at Srinagar base will get a overlapping coverage of S-400 placed in near vicinity.

Frontrunner

Country flag
I hope we can procure IR mica ng post 2025 for mwf nd mk1a..

IR mica ng with a dual pulse rocket nd a 100 km range would be perfect for a long range passive shot.. enemy won't even know what hit them unlike RF seeker missile.

There's was a news about IR astra tho.. but nothing concrete for now.. we even have more clear idea about timelines of astra mk2 nd sfdr astra mk3 ..but nothing on IR astra..

If we can make an equivalent of IR mica ng with IR astra than it would very well be a shot in the arm for IAF fighters aircraft

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I hope we can procure IR mica ng post 2025 for mwf nd mk1a..

IR mica ng with a dual pulse rocket nd a 100 km range would be perfect for a long range passive shot.. enemy won't even know what hit them unlike RF seeker missile.

There's was a news about IR astra tho.. but nothing concrete for now.. we even have more clear idea about timelines of astra mk2 nd sfdr astra mk3 ..but nothing on IR astra..

If we can make an equivalent of IR mica ng with IR astra than it would very well be a shot in the arm for IAF fighters aircraft
100km range for Mica NG? maybe.... but in a rocket like trajectory. ie without a real interest.
The max range is not a nice data. The NEZ is more.

- Meteor NEZ is said to be >= 60km Meteor is a 165kg missile, with ramjet (ie it has no oxydizer to carry. it helps !).
- MICA NG, even if it is a newer missile than meteor , remains a 112kg missile, with propellant and oxydizer inside. So its NEZ will be far less. in the 25 to 30km ?

Frontrunner

Country flag
100km range for Mica NG? maybe.... but in a rocket like trajectory. ie without a real interest.
The max range is not a nice data. The NEZ is more.

- Meteor NEZ is said to be >= 60km Meteor is a 165kg missile, with ramjet (ie it has no oxydizer to carry. it helps !).
- MICA NG, even if it is a newer missile than meteor , remains a 112kg missile, with propellant and oxydizer inside. So its NEZ will be far less. in the 25 to 30km ?
Well MBDA have claimed that mica ng would be a 100km range missile nd will carry more fuel due to miniaturisation of sensors nd seeker tech nd also due to a dual pulse motor..

Yeah u are right on NEZ... however my point was directed at IR mica ng being able to launch at long range with a passive shot capabilities.. which is currently unparalleled..

Passive launches of IR mica ng won't spoof adversary.. nd it won't even give a warning to enemy aircraft at terminal range as it won't be buzzing enemy aircraft's RWR at time it goes pitbull.. with only counter being MAWS.. which don't generally cover all angles of the aircraft

VikingGod

Country flag
One thing is sure you see none of Porkis will ever criticise JF 17 no matter what.
Whereas Indian some will criticise Tejas some will not. Only because we have a forward mindset.
We want better n better they want what they got after begging.

Tejas is something which will give advantage to India airspace industry in future.
So much of Technology we developed around it.
criticise ? too light , We have people who trying to sabotage it .

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Well MBDA have claimed that mica ng would be a 100km range missile nd will carry more fuel due to miniaturisation of sensors nd seeker tech nd also due to a dual pulse motor..

Yeah u are right on NEZ... however my point was directed at IR mica ng being able to launch at long range with a passive shot capabilities.. which is currently unparalleled..

Passive launches of IR mica ng won't spoof adversary.. nd it won't even give a warning to enemy aircraft at terminal range as it won't be buzzing enemy aircraft's RWR at time it goes pitbull.. with only counter being MAWS.. which don't generally cover all angles of the aircraft
The sole real data we have is that a Taiwanese M2000-5 shooted a practice target at 67km more than 20 years ago with a MICA EM.
But we don't know what were speeds and respective altitude of the two.

So as MICA NG is said to have 30% more range than legacy MICA, 100km is not impossible, but probably in some special conditions (fighter in high altitude and high speed, target in mid altitude and slow moving)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles