LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Something to celebrate!

I lose track with all the Tejas delays and schedule alterations. When will all 16 FOC aircraft be delivered? I seem to recall September was the latest deadline.
No more 1st flights after SP-26, but I suppose those SP-27 & 28 we saw on jigs should have left assembly lines by now. Progress on SP-29 & SP-30 unknown. And last 6 remains untouched (as per last uodate, they may have started building them).

My guess is, Python-5 integration going on. Thus the above decision.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Country flag
No more 1st flights after SP-26, but I suppose those SP-27 & 28 we saw on jigs should have left assembly lines by now. Work on the just started SP-29 & SP-30 may have moved onwards... So last 6 remains untouched.

Thanks for the info.

I don't know what physical alterations need to be made to an aircraft to add an additional, fully tested missile type. Why would Python-5 integration slow down production? Are HAL not using all the production jigs to keep building aircraft?

I get the impression from from what you say that it will be at least another year before SP-31 to SP-36 are delivered (assuming it takes 12 months to build a Tejas). Or have I misunderstood in thinking that the schedule has drifted to the right yet again?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Biggest news of 2021, if true.

Keeping them at Srinagar will be daring, but inevitable nonetheless because Tejas was developed as a point-defense fighter.
I thought Tejas might be kept at second-tier bases and only moved forward during special missions like Mirage-2000s.

Keeping them at Srinagar will make sure Tejas will intercept Pakistani formations at least twice a month.
I am pretty sure Pakistan will try to test it and even try to shoot one down using their JF-17s for humiliating us.

Tang

Country flag
Keeping them at Srinagar will be daring, but inevitable nonetheless because Tejas was developed as a point-defense fighter.
I thought Tejas might be kept at second-tier bases and only moved forward during special missions like Mirage-2000s.

Keeping them at Srinagar will make sure Tejas will intercept Pakistani formations at least twice a month.
I am pretty sure Pakistan will try to test it and even try to shoot one down using their JF-17s for humiliating us.
Try to intercept and shooting one 😂
Pakistan knows it's jf17 will be cooked, if it tries to shoot Tejas.
Tejas can see jf17 first and shoot first

Spitfire9

Country flag
They might be very wary of them as well if their assessment is that Tejas has the edge over JF-17. Getting JF-17 involved in a fight with Tejas is not going to look make Tejas look bad if JF-17 comes out the loser.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
They might be very wary of them as well if their assessment is that Tejas has the edge over JF-17. Getting JF-17 involved in a fight with Tejas is not going to look make Tejas look bad if JF-17 comes out the loser.
With python 5 , they will be cooked if jf 17 is sent , would love the show , hope it occurs and without a dirty porky trick of 5-6 jf 17 and 3-4 f 16 against tejas

MirageBlue

Country flag
Something to celebrate!

I lose track with all the Tejas delays and schedule alterations. When will all 16 FOC aircraft be delivered? I seem to recall September was the latest deadline.
Not sure where you got the September deadline..the final 8 Tejas Mk1 FOCs will be delivered to IAF by March 2022. And as is usual HAL activity, expect them to surge many airframes for first flights from around Jan-March 2022. Airframes upto SP-30 or 32 should all be in various stages of assembly as of now. Hopefully China virus related lockdowns in Bangalore and other cities don't disrupt the schedule.

MirageBlue

Country flag
No more 1st flights after SP-26, but I suppose those SP-27 & 28 we saw on jigs should have left assembly lines by now. Progress on SP-29 & SP-30 unknown. And last 6 remains untouched (as per last uodate, they may have started building them).

Also, the "enhanced" Derby BVRAAMs that were just tested out as well in "very challenging" scenarios.

omaebakabaka

Try to intercept and shooting one 😂
Pakistan knows it's jf17 will be cooked, if it tries to shoot Tejas.
Tejas can see jf17 first and shoot first
One can only prepare and train, battle result is not always guaranteed to go in ones favor....there can be upsets of all types. Perhaps they may be mixed squads to make it gradual. Pakis almost always had initial wins on us as they are offenders....no need to take backfoot, challenge the DRDO and HAL on their claims too in real field. This is a good step as long as risks are balanced out by IAF....also missiles on their own have no chance without tactics and strategies no matter how advanced they are on the result of group engagements

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Why would Python-5 integration slow down production? Are HAL not using all the production jigs to keep building aircraft?
No other than covid effects, production is going on. They made 8 FOCs some Jan 2020.
It's delivery that isn't happening.
I give this example once before, imagine if Astra is tested next 2morrow.. then they will needs another few weeks to update all of the models.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What's dirty in that? Its strategy right?
Well not really, during peacetime if they ambush our jets and then run away like on Feb 27, that will be dirty. Naturally, America, Middle East, and China will support their pet dog from being lynched by us and we will be sitting twiddling thumb while Pakistan publishes more memes.

Since 2019 PAF has went deep inside their own air space now IAF is ruling the whole airspace of kashmir.
This was initially the case because they were anticipating an IAF counter-ambush, but they overestimated our resolve. After things cooled down they are again back on poking us occasionally.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Well not really, during peacetime if they ambush our jets and then run away like on Feb 27, that will be dirty. Naturally, America, Middle East, and China will support their pet dog from being lynched by us and we will be sitting twiddling thumb while Pakistan publishes more memes.

This was initially the case because they were anticipating an IAF counter-ambush, but they overestimated our resolve. After things cooled down they are again back on poking us occasionally.
Y would the assumption cover of peacetime be given for security both in internal and external. This whole notion of peacetime seems to point at reason to be lethargic about the duty. I can't subscribe to that notion and thus believe that if its an attack, we can't pick and choose that it should be as per norms set for so called civilized engagement.
On the topic itself, Its anybody's game once in battle. No favorites.

Starlight

Country flag
Before that engagement our Naval MIG-29Ks would've cooked some near their coast.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles