LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Tejas-Mk1A
Yes, it is a lightweight aircraft, what more do you expect? MK-II can carry 8 BVRs simultaneously if it needs to although it won’t be carrying 8 BVRs as a particular mission won’t require so many BVRs. But if you are on a OCA mission you can use the 8 BVR carrying capability to advantage.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Never had much chances it will take time Derby ER is 120 D equivalent while meteor is its top pick.

Astra mk2 SFDR and IR version are the missiles to look out for.
I was told ER is just regular Derby with dual-pulse doing the range extension from 60km to 100km. Terminal velocity is comparable to Astra... Abd just like Derby makes Python-5 & Derby-ER readily available, Astra so make Astra Mark2 & Astra-IR plug'nplay.

So I'm hopeful again. 😁 But I like how Python-5 looks on LCA Tejas.
image (1).png

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
This python and derby missile is positive development. Never again India will be caught in an f-16 shoot envelope when it downed an Indian MIG-21 fighter two years back after Balkote bombing. Although something is said that a F-16 was also shot down but the Pakistanis are cowards not to admit sacrifices of their brave pilot. With these two missiles, the Pakistani planes do not stand a chance. And if Su-30mk1 and Rafale join the fight, the whole of Pakistani airforce will be forced to vacate Sargodha and run to Peshawar or far away place.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles