LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Is Mirage underpowered?? Never heard so !!
MWF is in the same ballpark.

It won't be a hot rod like eurofighter or f22 but it will be on par with any other single engine jet out there.
All the Mirage were underpowered, according to US standards. In the Mirage 2000 case it was because M53 was studied for a dual engine fighter....
But thanks to a very refinied aerodynamics, they were on pair with US and russian counterparts.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
But thanks to a very refinied aerodynamics, they were on pair with US and russian counterparts.
@IndianHawk Man, he does live in the past!.. Talking about some vintage version from 3 dacades ago, before M53-2 started being used. 🙄 Same class engine & empty weight in both MWF & modern Mirage-2000 @Vaibhavseafarer.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
@IndianHawk Man, he does live in the past!.. Talking about some vintage version from 3 dacades ago, before M53-2 started being used. 🙄 Same class engine & empty weight in both MWF & modern Mirage-2000 @Vaibhavseafarer.
MWF airframe will be far lighter than Mirage thanks to more composits. Even lca has more composits than Rafale.
Ge f414 is far more fuel efficient than decades old m53 in Mirage . Electronics is more compact although MWF will carry far more sensors than Mirage ever could.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Is Mirage underpowered?? Never heard so !!
MWF is in the same ballpark.

It won't be a hot rod like eurofighter or f22 but it will be on par with any other single engine jet out there.
Mirage-2K underpowerd? Who says so? I mean it’s almost the fastest dawg out there in IAF.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
MWF airframe will be far lighter than Mirage thanks to more composits. Even lca has more composits than Rafale.
Ge f414 is far more fuel efficient than decades old m53 in Mirage . Electronics is more compact although MWF will carry far more sensors than Mirage ever could.
LCA Has Composite content lesser to only EuroFighter Typhoon only in this world.
1618602842814.jpeg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Last edited:

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
This part is not correct... MWF airframe is projected by ADA to be 7850kg against 7600kg of Mirage-2000.

MWF can haul 6500kg external payload against 6200kg & has internal fuel of 3388kg against 3150kg of Mirage-2000, that too D version only (Source: https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mirage-2000.htm)

All that required a stronger airframe.
also don't forget m53 in mirage 2000 weighs 1500kg and has thrust to weight ratio of just 6.5.
ge f-414 weighs just 1100kg

ketaki

Country flag
The HD image was uploaded.. View attachment 85470

It is. You jettisson everything before entering dogfight. You even get rid of any BVRs, oe else you'll end up with several hundred kilos of draggy payload.

Actually it's an imperative requirement that the aircraft has to pass.. Dropping everything otger than CCMs. View attachment 85469
Off topic...
This is why i think Abhinandan dropped his fuel tank before engaging F-16 miles away from actual dogfight area

The drop tank pakis found near same area was not supersonic drop tank of mig-21s

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Off topic...
This is why i think Abhinandan dropped his fuel tank before engaging F-16 miles away from actual dogfight area

The drop tank pakis found near same area was not supersonic drop tank of mig-21s

He didn't.
It was, I checked... Just disfigured from crash.

That's just amateur video to make Indians feel better about failing to drop dozens of Paki birds, by having full squadrons ready for CAP for against a misadventure the brained half of DFI had accurately predicted (& timed if I remember correctly)... Please spare me that dead horse. It's been beaten to mashes now.

Last edited:

kamaal

Country flag
LCA Has Composite content lesser to only EuroFighter Typhoon only in this world.
View attachment 85602
It's not how much composite LCA has, its what quality that composite possesses counts. LCA even after having large portion as composite is still over-weight. Quality of the composite must be questioned.

Ghost hale

Country flag
For all esteemed members sharing so much new and unheard of "FACTS", Kindly provide some data or source also so that we can be enlightened. It was really nice to hear IAF is using underpowered Mirage 2000 and developing another underpowered machine. Even LCA composite are of lower quality is a worthy addition to our collective knowledge base. Thanks.

ketaki

Country flag
He didn't.
It was, I checked... Just disfigured from crash.

That's just amateur video to make Indians feel better about failing to drop dozens of Paki birds, by having full squadrons ready for CAP for against a misadventure the brained half of DFI had accurately predicted (& timed if I remember correctly)... Please spare me that dead horse. It's been beaten to mashes now.
Can you please share me the link/page no of drop tank related discussion-thank you

Killbot

Country flag
It's not how much composite LCA has, its what quality that composite possesses counts. LCA even after having large portion as composite is still over-weight. Quality of the composite must be questioned.
Composites don't reduce weight, they increase the amount of stress the structure can take. Which means higher payload for the same weight. Get your facts straight b4 making retarded comments. Mk.1 FOC weighs 7040 kg empty, and has MTOW of 13500 kg (Wikipedia, correct if I'm wrong). That's 6460 kg of payload. That is pretty significant for a bird of its class.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Aluminium made FC-1 has empty weight of 6.8t & FA-50 is 6.47t.. LCA's structural strength beats them by several quintals on main pylons allowing varied loadouts & several ton higher MTOW.

Our final LCA has weight of 7t & payload of 4.3t/3.9t (tested/certified), as per ADA:

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles