LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Hihihihihi

FA-50 has 0 chances mostly because some British components were not given re-export licenses by UK that is why Korea was unable to sell FA-50s to Argentina, JF-17 is also out of the game due to being outdated tech, no IFR Probe, no 3 axis fly-by-wire, imported stuff assembled in Pakistan and then Malaysia and China are adversaries, Yak-130 is a Trainer aircraft converted for fighter role. Geipen and Tejas are only competing, Gripen has higher chances but then it is the most expensive offering.

FalconZero

Country flag

Kharavela

Country flag
Don't mind bro... I do get lot information from u about aerodynamics ... You are one if the few members who seems knowledgeable... I am not saying buy all.. That's a sarcasm.. But we have to be serious about our own needs first instead pushing for export.... Tejas series will ve our backbone still we r able to produce and induct mk2 in IAF... Till then have to buy some foreign maal to fill the ever depleting IAF strength...
Every now & then a new member of this forum displays his ignorance and questions production capacity. Then rest of us engaged ourselves in useless conversation.
Can anyone tell me why should HAL increase production capacity of Tejas when it has only 14 FOC Fighters & 8 FOC Trainers to deliver before starting production of MK1A. From those 14 FOC Fighters, 4 has been completed, flight tested & waiting to be delivered in batch. 6 more FOC Fighters are in various stages on assembly line.
No manufacturer could invest to expand production capacity for 20 fighters. If IAF bosses and some of our friends are so worried about depleting squadron strength, instead of 83, why aren't they ordering 20 squadrons (320 fighters & 80 trainers) and mandate HAL to deliver in 5 years ? If HAL couldn't adhere to delivery timeline, severely penalize them, let GOI sack HAL MD / CEO, stop his terminal benefits. If HAL boss has his skin on table, he will screw each & every employee to get the job done.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Interestingly enough, https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2021/04/indian-tejas-lca-tops-malaysias-tender.html
I saw this on r/indiandefense. It says/claims that Tejas has come out as the top contender, i wanted to point it here but later forgot about it.

So, i don't know what's the truth anymore, sounds like constant shilling is being done by all the sides.
Also doesn’t the FA 50 also use the same Israeli radar as the Tejas?
Which many people were saying is going to be a problem for Tejas.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Whats the max load out for LCA currently with 2CCM, 2 Drop tank, Jammer pod + Irst?
No IRST probably. Just a rumour.

2 BVR. If a Mark1A has SPJ on one side & dual-rack CCM on another side, then the it can onlt take 2 BVRs between them.. on the wings.

Is just unknown whether LCA might inherit the central pylon dual-BVRs from MWF.

Ghost hale

Country flag
No IRST probably. Just a rumour.

2 BVR. If a Mark1A has SPJ on one side & dual-rack CCM on another side, then the it can onlt take 2 BVRs between them.. on the wings.

Is just unknown whether LCA might inherit the central pylon dual-BVRs from MWF.
Was under same impression. Any guesses than what these guys are talking about? Whats coming up in a year?

Ghost hale

Country flag
I posted before that we'd seen LCA navy fly with BVRs at inboard pylon. Replicating on AF version should be any trouble. We'll see soon if it gets done in a year.
Bro he said with 2 DTs. I can't get how all this will fit. 4BVR,2 CCM, 2 DTs IRST and jammer. 8 Hardpoints right. 1 for targeting pod, 2 for DTs. 2 CCM 2BVR. 1 under-fuselage being avoided for drag. Where other 2 BVRs go?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles