LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
yes.

Not a lot as BRD is tasked to do that.
Really hope what you say comes out true ! For the sake of Mig-21 pilots flying those coffins especially. It beats me as to why there is no pressure put on govt by IAF to purchase more Tejas and kick HALs butt to expand production lines and deliver faster ! It should pain everyone involved if they had even an ounce of national pride and concern for the lives of our brave pilots. But sadly babus are not concerned. Kick out the babus and we will become 'first world' in another 10yrs for sure

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Really hope what you say comes out true ! For the sake of Mig-21 pilots flying those coffins especially. It beats me as to why there is no pressure put on govt by IAF to purchase more Tejas and kick HALs butt to expand production lines and deliver faster ! It should pain everyone involved if they had even an ounce of national pride and concern for the lives of our brave pilots. But sadly babus are not concerned. Kick out the babus and we will become 'first world' in another 10yrs for sure
They delayed the tejas contract for 2-3 years i think, we could have had tejas mk1a delivery started by now.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...why there is no pressure put on govt by IAF to purchase more Tejas and kick HALs butt to expand production lines and deliver faster !
Agreed... Even FOC Tejas would be infinitely superior to Mig-21 Bisons in service. And expanding the order would allow expansion of production capacity right now, as opposed to 2024.
Right now we're depending on a possible export order for that to happen!.. How pathetic is that? 🤡

spiritb2

Country flag
Agreed... Even FOC Tejas would be infinitely superior to Mig-21 Bisons in service. And expanding the order would allow expansion of production capacity right now, as opposed to 2024.
Right now we're depending on a possible export order for that to happen!.. How pathetic is that? 🤡
yes sir you are right IAF must order more Tejas mk1's to retire all MiG21Bis in service. As it is a like-to-like replacement. Totally, 290 MiG21Bis operated by IAF but they are buying only 40 mk1+83 mk1A doesn't add up really. How will they fill up the already depleted squadrons

The Maverick

Country flag
yes sir you are right IAF must order more Tejas mk1's to retire all MiG21Bis in service. As it is a like-to-like replacement. Totally, 290 MiG21Bis operated by IAF but they are buying only 40 mk1+83 mk1A doesn't add up really. How will they fill up the already depleted squadrons
some of those 290 mig21 planes,have been replaced by su30mki and mig29 already
we have 112 mig21 bison left

if I was in charge I would ground all.tje mig21 bison this minute

sit in front of ministry of,defense and demand emergency order of 20 more Rafale
sign the order for mig29 x 21 planes
and ask for 4th production.line for tejas.

I never want to see a dead indian pilot because our country of 3 trillion GDP.was still. flying junk from.1970.

if you can't equip the Squadrons stop killing pilots give them a.desk job.until.a new tejas arrives. and some body give Hal and drdo a good kicking our pilots are dieing.. whilst they play with models and shake their bloody heads left and right bloody incompetent fools

the money was always there the bloody stealing kiniving dhoti wallas have stolen.the money as have greedy air chiefs turning a blind eye for golden handshakes,staying quiet to.protect pensions and jobs

ManhattanProject

Country flag
some of those 290 mig21 planes,have been replaced by su30mki and mig29 already
we have 112 mig21 bison left

if I was in charge I would ground all.tje mig21 bison this minute

sit in front of ministry of,defense and demand emergency order of 20 more Rafale
sign the order for mig29 x 21 planes
and ask for 4th production.line for tejas.

I never want to see a dead indian pilot because our country of 3 trillion GDP.was still. flying junk from.1970.

if you can't equip the Squadrons stop killing pilots give them a.desk job.until.a new tejas arrives. and some body give Hal and drdo a good kicking our pilots are dieing.. whilst they play with models and shake their bloody heads left and right bloody incompetent fools

the money was always there the bloody stealing kiniving dhoti wallas have stolen.the money as have greedy air chiefs turning a blind eye for golden handshakes,staying quiet to.protect pensions and jobs
What going on with the foc jets?
where are they?

MonaLazy

no pressure put on govt
That is easily solved- George Fernandes has shown the way. When babus where twiddling thumbs for costly arctic gear for Siachen he sent them there for a first hand experience. The third pole has been well stocked ever since. May be getting a babu to ride pillion on mig-21 trainers can do the trick!

On a more serious note we should consider turning remaining mig-21s into UCAVs launched from air bases close to LoC. Being remotely piloted both pilot skills & lives will not be lost.

expanding the order
If we order more MK1A's (assuming that is the baseline aircraft IAF is happy with for mass induction) won't it step on the toes of Mk2? I mean it is better to allow Mk2 to mature and place that order to time with Mk1A's end of production run.

Reactions: SKC

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If we order more MK1A's (assuming that is the baseline aircraft IAF is happy with for mass induction) won't it step on the toes of Mk2? I mean it is better to allow Mk2 to mature and place that order to time with Mk1A's end of production run.
It might (tho I don't know why people think we can't pertussis two jets side by side, as if we didn't make 12 Su-30 a year until now)... Anyways it's not Mark1A but FOC that need to be ordered, I've made that clear. That'll make funds available to expand the manufacturing capacity right now, while replacement the Mig-21 ASAP. Upgradation can be done later.

Last edited:

MonaLazy

pertussis two jets side by side
Sure we can.. both will be Mk1A's from two production lines.. each doing 8/yr for a total of 16/yr. & a 3rd line at Nashik.

The Mk1A over vanilla Mk1 beside the other items offers better maintainability which will increase aircraft availability- infra worth ₹ 1202 crores will be created at IAF BRDs to reduce turn around times. Better to have a bit more expensive fighter with higher availability.

This is the FOC production plan:

Line 1 HAL Aircraft Division SP-19, 21, 23, 25, 30, 31
Line 2 HAL LCA Division SP-17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 32
Line 3 HAL Nashik (end of Su-30 production) FOC Trainers SP-33 to SP-40 & then 10 Mk1 trainers from AI'21 deal.

Granted some of them are out of the factory but only SP-17 is with IAF as of this moment.. then Mk1A, then Mk2, AMCA Mk1 & 2 probably from L&T hangars concurrent with LCA Mk2, then TEDBF! An enviable order book if things go to plan. Where is the space to squeeze in anything more? Not to forget somewhere in between we have to build '00s of drones as part of CATS warrior and other programs. As HAL chief I'd be dealing with sweaty palms right now.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Sure we can.. both will be Mk1A's from two production lines.. each doing 8/yr for a total of 16/yr. & a 3rd line at Nashik.

The Mk1A over vanilla Mk1 beside the other items offers better maintainability which will increase aircraft availability- infra worth ₹ 1202 crores will be created at IAF BRDs to reduce turn around times. Better to have a bit more expensive fighter with higher availability.

This is the FOC production plan:

Line 1 HAL Aircraft Division SP-19, 21, 23, 25, 30, 31
Line 2 HAL LCA Division SP-17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 32
Line 3 HAL Nashik (end of Su-30 production) FOC Trainers SP-33 to SP-40 & then 10 Mk1 trainers from AI'21 deal.

Granted some of them are out of the factory but only SP-17 is with IAF as of this moment.. then Mk1A, then Mk2, AMCA Mk1 & 2 probably from L&T hangars concurrent with LCA Mk2, then TEDBF! An enviable order book if things go to plan. Where is the space to squeeze in anything more? Not to forget somewhere in between we have to build '00s of drones as part of CATS warrior and other programs. As HAL chief I'd be dealing with sweaty palms right now.
MOAR LINES.

Just imagine an export order placed right now... What then? Any expansion of order will have the same effect. I personally find it desirable in the short-term. Get some IOC/FOC jets to do CAS-CAP & take over from Mig-21 & Jaguars.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles