LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
wht? afaik there r no plans for import so indian navy will have to live with fairly outdated mig 29k,whereas china will possibly come up with fixed wing awacs and j31 naval,if this is the case we should go for import or at least lease of some crafts because tedbf is not here till 2028
First of all mig29k are pretty advanced . They are more advanced then airforce varients . And are not outdated they have ols , mk series engine etc.

Secondly chinese currently have j15 which is a failure. J20 is in works for more than 15 years already. So chinese will require atleast 15-20 years to field a decent naval stealth jet which doesn't crash as much as j15.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
We had a special guest for Tejas Aero show :)
Looks like porkis took a page or two out of North Korea's manual of how to place medals and gallantries on the uniform

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Annaa

Country flag
Why tejas not carrying 940 kg lgb??
Any Integration issue with tejas jet

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Why tejas not carrying 940 kg lgb??
Any Integration issue with tejas jet
2000lb box like Spice-2000?.. French didn't allow with Israeli radar. Our own IGM Gautham glide-bomb might.

Plus its not meant for such heavy payload interdiction... just some Kargil-like strike missions enemy bunkers & positions.

Chinmoy

Country flag
2000lb box like Spice-2000?.. French didn't allow with Israeli radar. Our own IGM Gautham glide-bomb might.

Plus its not meant for such heavy payload interdiction... just some Kargil-like strike missions enemy bunkers & positions.
No relation of Spice bomb and Israeli radar.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Spice is Israeli what does French have to do with it on lca.

It will get integrated in due time. It's also well within lca payload capacity so it lca will be used for such interdiction missions especially mk1a which will have spj and aesa.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Market will soon be flooded with second hand F-16s for smaller nation to pick up. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ti...s-to-us-canada-to-use-as-training-planes/amp/
I guess that nations switching from F-16 to F-35 ran up lots of hours on their F-16's due to F-35 being a long time behind schedule, so their fleets would need a lot spent on them.

I think that what would be a headache for SAAB, HAL, KAI etc would be the US offering to sell more contemporary F-16's with many flight hours left in them. I can imagine a country like Vietnam (or possibly Indonesia) being interested in enough ex-USAF aircraft for 2-4 squadrons. A couple of South American countries might be interested in a few, too. What about India;s neighbour? I don't suppose US would sell them to India's adversary.

ladder

Country flag
I guess that nations switching from F-16 to F-35 ran up lots of hours on their F-16's due to F-35 being a long time behind schedule, so their fleets would need a lot spent on them.

I think that what would be a headache for SAAB, HAL, KAI etc would be the US offering to sell more contemporary F-16's with many flight hours left in them. I can imagine a country like Vietnam (or possibly Indonesia) being interested in enough ex-USAF aircraft for 2-4 squadrons. A couple of South American countries might be interested in a few, too. What about India;s neighbour? I don't suppose US would sell them to India's adversary.
Bangladesh was a candidate, but the meeting with Bangladeshi FM and US Sec. of State didn't go very well, that's what I am hearing.
Shunning Belt and road to get on board Indo-Pacific framework of USA was probably the stumbling block.

And our western neighbor? Is USA planning for some gifting/ charity.

Sri Lanka? If USA shields their back side in UN human rights voting, then definitely.

Afghanistan? ( They also are our neighbours) Have they graduated from turboprops?

Nepal? Better directly sell to China, as allegedly, the country is run in proxy by Chinese ambassador.

Bhutan? India haven't got any request for construction of any airbase from them. So no.

Myanmar? Is USA planning to barter Su Kii with used F16s?

Maldives? Yeah. Real contender. Additionally USA can construct a big ass base there, if they get kicked out of D. Garcia.

Am I missing any neighbours?

Spitfire9

Country flag
I was referring to a country that invokes great animosity. Good thing I only hinted at its name, isn't it?

But yes, I can see the possible availability of a load of ex-USAF F-16's possibly presenting problems to the sale of new light fighters by the likes of SAAB, HAL, KAI.

Global Defence

Articles