LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Fighter in top left corner (SP-25?) is carrying what looks like a dummy missile on outboard pylon- all white, no markings, no glass shield for seeker.

Why is it mounted on an FOC SP aircraft now (assuming all testing is done on LSPs already) & what real missile could it be simulating?
The missile is R-73 dummy.

No idea why they do that.... But they always do that. See other FOC aircrafts being newly rolled out.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
I bumped into Harsh Vardhan Thakur today at a brewery in Whitefield, even took a few photos with him and my girl.... didnt know anywhere else I could share my excitement except you guys.... I was fangirling AF, thanked him for his service and the risks he takes for us..
I understand your pain brother. We all go through it. I once had the opportunity to be on Arjun MK1 while at IIT Madras. The pride and excitement was uncontrollable but sadly non would understand what it meant for me, than the 4 walls of my room "poor it, it shed some plasters and putties for me that day". Emotional moment

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Lankans in the comment section are angry calling it Indian Airshow.
Not unfairly.💁‍♂️ Their own jets & helos just did a flyby... Nonetheless many in comment sections to already know for sure that Tejas is being bought. Can anybody please scan some SriLankan news for chatter?

Gp Capt Manish Tolani is the CO for Tejas No 18 Sqn aka FlyingBullets. That means that's the FOC jet SP-21 flown both there & in AI21.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So still now only one Tejas foc is given to iaf
Expected other four foc jets induction in a month or so
Too late bro 👅 I just elaborated a while ago.

But did you get anything on the status of SP-26?.. We know upto 25 is completed. But that one's present status I couldn't find out.
Screenshot_20210303_103803.jpg

Here's what I know. AKM had SP-23 (5019) behind him...
Screenshot_20210304_103559.jpg

And this is a screenshot from the vimeo promo. @Ghost hale there was a slight mistake tho. 😐
Screenshot_20210304_104413.jpg

Last edited:

Ghost hale

Country flag
Too late bro 👅 I just elaborated a while ago.

But did you get anything on the status of SP-26?.. We know upto 25 is completed. But that one's present status I couldn't find out.
Screenshot_20210303_103803.jpg

Here's what I know. AKM had SP-23 (5019) behind him... View attachment 80349
And this is a screenshot from the vimeo promo. @Ghost hale there was a slight mistake tho. 😐View attachment 80350
There is some issue with this. This image is from LCA division or aircraft division. In the video, it is informed that aircraft division will manufature 6 FOC i.e. 23, 25, 27, 29, 34, 35. Sharing tarmak video link. SP-23 already had flight before this video as mentioned.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There is some issue with this. This image is from LCA division or aircraft division. In the video, it is informed that aircraft division will manufature 6 FOC i.e. 23, 25, 27, 29, 34, 35. Sharing tarmak video link. SP-23 already had flight before this video as mentioned.
Ok.. valid point. Now if they're flown but not handed over to IAF, it'd be safe to assume that they are undergoing those changes (as we see SP-21, tail no. 5017 back in there too)... but elsewhere.

So what are the ones in the video? Could they be 24 & three others 26, 28, 30!!!?😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
Nice 😋 @patriots

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles