LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
Yeah, we have reason to believe that has already been done, or atleast has been going on for a while now.

IOC are not supposed to have BVRs but they've been photographed flying with Derby on rare occasions.
Most probably much of the things are being done in background. SP-18 and 19 were manufactured by March 2020 itself and all were to be put on jigs by last year. Don't know if we will get official confirmation or would have to rely on outside news.

SARTHAK

Country flag
can anybody share the latest aero india 2021 kaveri engine dimensions and details?
if some years later we are able to develop the kaveri afterburner can it be used to retrofit tejas mk1a

Chinmoy

Country flag
I hope you are aware that the FOC versions have improved mechanical systems and have better agility and maneuverability. Which is the "Feel" I am talking about.
And that 'FEEL' could be felt in LSP variants. Because you might be aware that only 1 FOC variant has been delivered till now.

Spitfire9

Country flag
And that 'FEEL' could be felt in LSP variants. Because you might be aware that only 1 FOC variant has been delivered till now.
When will the nature of the problem preventing FOC a/c being delivered be made known?
1 Tejas FOC delivery till now is not just unimpressive, it is disastrous. Who is responsible?

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Its highly impossible to feel the "G's" that the FOC variants can touch on an LSP flight. I am aware that only 1 FOC has been delivered yet and that exactly what my point is.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
When will the nature of the problem preventing FOC a/c being delivered be made known?
1 Tejas FOC delivery till now is not just unimpressive, it is disastrous. Who is responsible?
The Air Force had asked HAL to improve on the build quality, it had demanded that certain components from Airframe, mechanicals and internal electricals should be interchangeable at the respective squadron base level workshops itself. HAL has to correct it before delivering the other aircrafts.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The Air Force had asked HAL to improve on the build quality, it had demanded that certain components from Airframe, mechanicals and internal electricals should be interchangeable at the respective squadron base level workshops itself. HAL has to correct it before delivering the other aircrafts.
Improve on build quality!!!

Where did you learn that?

Ghost hale

Country flag
Difference?
I think he is talking about standard build i.e. parts replaceable among units as all have standard parts. This was the issue previously that parts cannot be exchanged from one fighter to another. It was rectified with parts standardization approved by HAL which also helped in speeding up manufacturing.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Build quality means fit & finish, quality control etc.

Build standards covers the parts standardisation, interchangeability etc.

Yeah, well... could have gone a bit more subtle on the advertising of Tejas 😅
I liked tejas presentation though. It was really endearing to see that push and would have seriously pushed it to general public also as a advanced flying dominance machine.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
* * NEWS * * NEWS * * NEWS * *

I just got confirmation... My analysis of the pic was probably wrong & the new jets are likely clockwise 25, 24, 26, 27.
IR was told that by hal dude that delivery of tail.no 18,19,20 (ie SP-22, 23 & 24) planned in March. SP-25 too if possible, if not then in April (which means it's doing engine runs now, as it's already completed).

First flight of the next pair (24-25) in 3 weeks, within March.

Ghost hale

Country flag
* * NEWS * * NEWS * * NEWS * *

I just got confirmation... My analysis of the pic was probably wrong & the new jets are likely clockwise 25, 24, 26, 27.

IR was told that by hal dude that delivery of tail.no 18,19,20 (ie SP-22, 23 & 24) planned in March. SP-25 too if possible, if not then in April (which means it's doing engine runs now, as it's already completed).

First flight of the next pair (24-25) in 3 weeks, within March.
So 4 by April?

Ghost hale

Country flag
6 by May will be a safer bet IMO (incase the changes aren't done). Let's see. But yes, they'll definitely try to hit as close to that target as possible.
Maybe tests are delayed. As per my info it was to be by march end at max by april. But possible as test might stretch some what.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles