LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

rone

Country flag

WarriorIndian

Country flag
So according to navy screwdrivergiri > indigenous R&D :doh:
Not Navy's fault. Defense acquisition council directed the Navy to carry out the procurement under Strategic Partnership(SP) Model. The Strategic Partnership (SP) model is purposefully designed by the DAC to create capacity in the Private Sector as an alternate to PSUs such as HAL & OFB in strategic sectors of defence manufacturing.

Physx32

Country flag
Yes !
Threat library contains all data of previous encounter such as RCS , IR signature , plume analysis , profile and flight envelope . So it might help fatser indentification even at greater distance.
Then all these signatures would be run with state of the art machine learning classifiers on supercomputers to build a LUT. These LUTs will be uploaded to the ROM of the flight computer for faster detection.

Whitecollar

Country flag
sir as u good know of how ew suites work

can u explain the meaning of the features of ew suite(spectra to be precise)

RWR/ESM
  • Digital receivers
  • 3 antennas with 120° azimuth coverage each located on the intakes and fin tip pod, plus additional antennas on the wing tips
  • Interferometry (azimuth & elevation) with stated <1 deg bearing accuracy
  • Target coordination generation for weapons employment
what is the 3rd point i.e interferometry one trying to say
is it a passive targeting method if yes how it works
Dude these specs only work when RWR is combined with inbuilt EW suite(SPECTRA).
1. Digital RWR: Ever imagined how a RWR differenciates between a source enemy FCR and it's own EW's similar generated frequency?? There are multiple techniques ranging from Modulations to superimposing digital data onto an analog signal(encoding digital data on generated analog signal). Both the signals are received by RWR but how to differentiate? Answer: digital signal processors using active filters. The EW suite's signal contains coded digital signals(eg: 0100110110101 with let's say repitition of code after 10 digits) which is read by RWR and thus supercomputer is able to "filter out" these signals and only those signals remain that originate from enemy's FCR. This gives correct positioning of enemy, missiles, SAMs, etc.
2. 3 antennas with 120⁰ azimuth is specifically for monitoring your blind spots. If you imagine a plane in top view and then imagine the antennas on wing tips, fin tip and intakes, you will see that each antenna is able to pick up enemy's signature signal below the wings and above the wings to 120⁰, from right to left and top to bottom on tail fin and complete below the surface with intake antenna so all in all, Rafale's sense of threat detection is almost a 360⁰ barring few angles.
3. Here is where I get confused. Interferometry is basically used for optics where a ligjt source is picked up, splitted and then read by a computer to get various superimposed signals(data) in form of fringe patterns. Whether Rafale has optical sensors for this is beyond me. But this is also true for other EM waves. Now let's assume Rafale has an EM interferometer, any EM wave guided enemy(EO, TV wave guided, etc that don't use their frontal Radar) is captured, splitted, analysed for data based on the patterns generated and then checked for threat perception. If threat is perceived, AI enables evasive manuvers or warns the user about being "painted electronically by an enemy".
4. This point is really how AI perceives threat and then enables weapons section automatically based on various captured data analysis, enemy signatures matched, IFF findings, etc and then co-ordinating enemy's position via AESA radar, EO, home in jamming, etc.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
actually it shows so much of HAL so called mki indigestion even they have to import screws and washer heads from Russia
View attachment 80227

data from leak..
How dp you know it's for Tejas ? Its not mentioned on the slip. It could be for SU30 or other MiG which HAL assembles .

Chinmoy

Country flag
But they may not get much of a feel in it, because those dont look to be FOC standard aircrafts. Maybe and only if they have upgraded its flight controls, sensors and avionics to FOC standards. Fingers crossed.
What feel you are talking about in here?

FOC variant in flight performance wise is not much different then the IOC ones. Only overall performance like range and all has increased in FOC. So for initial feel it is more then enough. Anyway if SL is to place any order, they would ask for specs which suits them.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
What feel you are talking about in here?

FOC variant in flight performance wise is not much different then the IOC ones. Only overall performance like range and all has increased in FOC. So for initial feel it is more then enough. Anyway if SL is to place any order, they would ask for specs which suits them.
I hope you are aware that the FOC versions have improved mechanical systems and have better agility and maneuverability. Which is the "Feel" I am talking about.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Debunking Some False Arguments about the LCA Tejas

A bit biased but fine read.

ladder

Country flag
But they may not get much of a feel in it, because those dont look to be FOC standard aircrafts. Maybe and only if they have upgraded its flight controls, sensors and avionics to FOC standards. Fingers crossed.
After the end of civil war in Sri Lanka, the appetite for acquiring and maintaining modern combat jets has reduced considerably in Sri Lanka.
This aquisition is for the sole reason that the hard earned skills of pilots and technicians aren't lost and the KT to the next generation takes place. High tempo fighter jet operation is a skill in itself and which Sri Lanka had during the civil war and they don't want that to be lost due to lack of platform/s.

In light of the above, Sri-Lankans will be very price sensetive for the aquisition and might opt for FOC variant over MK1-A due to the price difference.

It's my personal opinion that if possible, we should look at the opportunity to offload 3-4 LSPs ( if possible) ( depending on our testing requirements and ability of the LSP to be upgraded to a common standard) immediately and rest 8-12 newer built FoC might be provided later.

Last edited:

SARTHAK

Country flag
Dude these specs only work when RWR is combined with inbuilt EW suite(SPECTRA).
1. Digital RWR: Ever imagined how a RWR differenciates between a source enemy FCR and it's own EW's similar generated frequency?? There are multiple techniques ranging from Modulations to superimposing digital data onto an analog signal(encoding digital data on generated analog signal). Both the signals are received by RWR but how to differentiate? Answer: digital signal processors using active filters. The EW suite's signal contains coded digital signals(eg: 0100110110101 with let's say repitition of code after 10 digits) which is read by RWR and thus supercomputer is able to "filter out" these signals and only those signals remain that originate from enemy's FCR. This gives correct positioning of enemy, missiles, SAMs, etc.
2. 3 antennas with 120⁰ azimuth is specifically for monitoring your blind spots. If you imagine a plane in top view and then imagine the antennas on wing tips, fin tip and intakes, you will see that each antenna is able to pick up enemy's signature signal below the wings and above the wings to 120⁰, from right to left and top to bottom on tail fin and complete below the surface with intake antenna so all in all, Rafale's sense of threat detection is almost a 360⁰ barring few angles.
3. Here is where I get confused. Interferometry is basically used for optics where a ligjt source is picked up, splitted and then read by a computer to get various superimposed signals(data) in form of fringe patterns. Whether Rafale has optical sensors for this is beyond me. But this is also true for other EM waves. Now let's assume Rafale has an EM interferometer, any EM wave guided enemy(EO, TV wave guided, etc that don't use their frontal Radar) is captured, splitted, analysed for data based on the patterns generated and then checked for threat perception. If threat is perceived, AI enables evasive manuvers or warns the user about being "painted electronically by an enemy".
4. This point is really how AI perceives threat and then enables weapons section automatically based on various captured data analysis, enemy signatures matched, IFF findings, etc and then co-ordinating enemy's position via AESA radar, EO, home in jamming, etc.
wow wow i didnt expect such detaileed answer and thank you for the effort you took to write but i roughly tried to understand your points although i hve little knowledge ,as far as i percieve as these sensors contribute and give rafale a crude direction of incoming threat so the sensors like radars and irst can be cude in the specific direction,if this is what you said this can be useful against 5th gen fighters as a narrow beam of radar has a greater chance of detecting them

if what i percieved is not true then please please can u give the crux of the explanation you gave and how it wud be useful in actual combat

Whitecollar

Country flag
wow wow i didnt expect such detaileed answer and thank you for the effort you took to write but i roughly tried to understand your points although i hve little knowledge ,as far as i percieve as these sensors contribute and give rafale a crude direction of incoming threat so the sensors like radars and irst can be cude in the specific direction,if this is what you said this can be useful against 5th gen fighters as a narrow beam of radar has a greater chance of detecting them

if what i percieved is not true then please please can u give the crux of the explanation you gave and how it wud be useful in actual combat
Very difficult to explain thw crux. Just understand that Rafale has a very very sensitive enemy detection and a very fast data processing speed. Combined with a state of the art SPECTRA, it is one of the most deadly fighters in the world right now.

Annaa

Country flag
Sp24, 25,26 kahaa gye ye toh march tak flight karne wale they

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Sp24, 25,26 kahaa gye ye toh march tak flight karne wale they
From here: /vimeo.com/507835093

Finder @Ghost hale
Screenshot_20210303_115303.jpg

17 (ie SP-21, that was deliver to IAF) is back some changes I suppose... Nobody knows what they are.

22 & 23 down & being tested for something, not been delivered to user yet. 24, 25 are completed, but not yet flown.
26 was filmed in January by Tarmak007 (below), could be the completed one in above pic.
Screenshot_20210303_103803.jpg

Is se zyada pure Internet pe kisi ko nahi pata... Now stop asking the same thing every week. 😅 sm1 will share anything if known.

Last edited:

Ghost hale

Country flag
From here: /vimeo.com/507835093

Finder @Ghost haleView attachment 80283
17 (ie SP-21, that was deliver to IAF) is back some changes I suppose... Nobody knows what they are.

22 & 23 down & being tested for something, not been delivered to user yet. 24, 25 are completed, but not yet flown.
26 was filmed in January by Tarmak007 (below), could be the completed one in above pic. View attachment 80282

Is se zyada pure Internet pe kisi ko nahi pata... Now stop asking the same thing every week. 😅 sm1 will share anything if known.
No New info. Last heard all were up at assembly. Most probably should get atleast 6 more by march or april.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles