LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
40(MK1) + 83(MK1a) + 126(AMCA) + 36(Rafale) + min 108(MK2) + 272(Su30 MKI) = 145 jets short of 45 squadron . 145 can be 114 MMRCA + leftover MK2 or limited ORCA if wanna go by then.
But is 45 count needed as incorporation of UAVs, CATS and other systems should reduce the required number.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
How invested is IAF in unmanned-manned teaming? Will it make up for fighter jet fleet strength?
Now that is a question I can't possibly know the exact answer to... Hopefully they are. The shit are being developed. AMCA was declared to be capable of being optionally manned (AI21 Tarmak007 interview).

And the wingmans & drones should be counted as 0.5 jet atleast. With TV path scanning & waypoint marking AI off standoff weapons can already take them to targets, I don't see why done can't go & return to base.
Already AI is dogfighting better than real pilots.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Warrior will have 1:1 model for test by end of this year. Program started in 2017 and was to be tested by december 2020 but is delayed due to Covid. 2025 is planned date for production. Hunter can return to base if range permits once operation is done. Large number induction of these platforms can give ample breathing space to have better spaced out inductions with minor upgraded blocks. AMCA Mk2 is supposed to be optionally manned. Most probably by 2028 2030 we will know if all this is done or not. MK1a and MK2 will be good benchmark in terms of production and timeline.

FalconZero

Country flag
COAS's words, not mine. Maybe there's gonna be a semi-stealth Mark3 post 2035. Plus potentially hundreds of unmanned wingmans & single engine drones should be counted too.

There'd be massive parts commonality... Same engines over ⅔rd of the fleet... Operation & maintenance related issues or expenditure are likely to reduce whatever they do.
Not exactly same but do you think that as the process of Tejas gets streamlined, and as you suggest that Mk3 might have stealth design and with minimal changes to MWF to get the additional orders and fulfill the needs for 100 or so more fighter aircrafts.
I am saying that cuz after we achieved enough know-how to and gain experience in production and development process both with Mk1a and Mk2, it will be like how DRDO is operating by using designs and knowledge of Aastra in SRSAM or other missiles by changing and cross-use of seekers etc. Not 1 to 1 comparison that I know, i am just saying that maybe as we get more experienced things will be a bit faster...both in dev and production cycle.

Gerlat

Country flag
40(MK1) + 83(MK1a) + 126(AMCA) + 36(Rafale) + min 108(MK2) + 272(Su30 MKI) = 145 jets short of 45 squadron . 145 can be 114 MMRCA + leftover MK2 or limited ORCA if wanna go by then.
But is 45 count needed as incorporation of UAVs, CATS and other systems should reduce the required number.
Numbers don't reflect iaf theory. You can minus some mk2 or add AMCA mk1 and minus some su30. IAF keep both mig29 and mirage as long as spares/support available.

Gerlat

Country flag
Now that is a question I can't possibly know the exact answer to... Hopefully they are. The shit are being developed. AMCA was declared to be capable of being optionally manned (AI21 Tarmak007 interview).

And the wingmans & drones should be counted as 0.5 jet atleast. With TV path scanning & waypoint marking AI off standoff weapons can already take them to targets, I don't see why done can't go & return to base.
When Indian armed forces going to have something like link16/22 NextGen ? Everything depends on a common high tech, quantum, future proof communications link. CDS need to give top priority to highly secure interoperability within armed forces.

Pandora

Country flag
Anyone noticed the HVT ,test pilot of HAL ,nowdays liking anything Anti modi news.Also retweet and liked Susu swamy tweets.I think HAL need to get rid of this mole.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Anyone noticed the HVT ,test pilot of HAL ,nowdays liking anything Anti modi news.Also retweet and liked Susu swamy tweets.I think HAL need to get rid of this mole.
Might be close to his retirement and seeking a political lap thats why, may be!

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Is having their tongues in Gujju butthole a service requirement?..

Today he's the most vocal & active indigenous pusher, who's part of the system... Pro-desi gets priority over pro-cow everyday of the week, twice on Sundays.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Is having their tongues in Gujju butthole a service requirement?..

Today he's the most vocal & active indigenous pusher, who's part of the system... Pro-desi gets priority over pro-cow everyday of the week, twice on Sundays.
If not for the gujju pushing for Tajas...by now he would be flying paper planes.

Let's be clear, the pro-cow gujjus are the pro-desi ones & frankly are the ones who aggressively pushed for Tejas.
THAT guy can be vocal, active indigenous pusher but frankly his opinions on this would not matter everyday of the week, twice on Sundays.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
COAS's words, not mine. Maybe there's gonna be a semi-stealth Mark3 post 2035. Plus potentially hundreds of unmanned wingmans & single engine drones should be counted too.

There'd be massive parts commonality... Same engines over ⅔rd of the fleet... Operation & maintenance related issues or expenditure are likely to reduce whatever they do.
I feel ORCA will find a place in IAF subsequently as they need something to replace the MiG-29s.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

CATS Warrior will carry DRDO Air-to-Air NGCCM (Next Generation Close Combat Missile). It will have an AESA Radar of its own, so I feel it will be inducted in huge numbers, Afaik the prototype of CATS Warrior will roll out in a year or two.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Numbers don't reflect iaf theory. You can minus some mk2 or add AMCA mk1 and minus some su30. IAF keep both mig29 and mirage as long as spares/support available.
No IAF won’t unless and until there are no options available, IAF will never like to use M2K and UPGs after 2030 as the aircrafts till then will become 50 year old, and eventually will become MiG-21s for us.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If not for the gujju pushing for Tajas...by now he would be flying paper planes.

Let's be clear, the pro-cow gujjus are the pro-desi ones & frankly are the ones who aggressively pushed for Tejas.
THAT guy can be vocal, active indigenous pusher but frankly his opinions on this would not matter everyday of the week, twice on Sundays.
Parrikar(PBUH) was no Gujju. And since his demise, here we are.

No FICV, no FMBT in sight...

No Arjun order expansion (this one was 8years due), no Mark2 news...

No LCH order despite HAL starting production...

No desi Scorpene-based P-75I...

No upgradation of T-90 & Su-30 with desi tech...

🖕So no I don't think your 2nd statement is true at all m8.

And noone's opinion matter. What's the issue with his then anyway?.. Pointlessly derailing the thread.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
IAF should focus on a UCAV like the Predator-C Avenger also if possible as we will need a UCAV like Avenger in future whose payload, range and endurance is very huge so as to be able to perform special operations.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Parrikar was no Gujju.

After his death, here we are with no FICV, no FMMT in sight. No LCH order despite HAL starting production. No desi Scorpene-based P-75I. So no I don't think your 2nd statement is true at all.
And noone's opinion matter. What's the issue with his then?
We can love Modi ji but fact is that they aren’t doing enough for indigenisation, I know ATGMs aren’t ready but we still can mass produce LCH and the ATGMs can be integrated later, we have the Kestrel Ready but no orders, Kalyani M4 only got 27 units ordered, so what can we expect? This is disgusting.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Parrikar(PBUH) was no Gujju.

And since his demiset, here we are with no FICV, no FMBT in sight... No Arjun order expansion (this one was 8years due), no Mark2 news... No LCH order despite HAL starting production... No desi Scorpene-based P-75I... No upgradation of T-90 & Su-30 with desi tech...🖕So no I don't think your 2nd statement is true at all m8.
And noone's opinion matter... What's the issue with his then anyway?
You think Parrikar was acting on his own regarding Tajas?

If that is your thinking, let's end the discussion right here, cause you clearly have no idea how shit works.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
You think Parrikar was acting on his own regarding Tajas?

If that is your thinking, let's end the discussion right here, cause you clearly have no idea how shit works.
Didn't read the rest on what your Gujjus managed in years without Parrikar, eh?.. Convenient.

Jisko chatna hy chato, that's fine... doesn't mean everyone has to join you or be a "mole".

CATS Warrior will carry DRDO Air-to-Air NGCCM (Next Generation Close Combat Missile). It will have an AESA Radar of its own, so I feel it will be inducted in huge numbers, Afaik the prototype of CATS Warrior will roll out in a year or two.
It's gonna take a lot of time to mature though. I researched a bit into this, unpredictable really. It's good were planning groundbreaking tech but independent strike drone & wingman will take time to fit into out doctrine... that is, if it means to prove itself for operational use in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles