LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

WarriorIndian

Country flag
first line mentions Indian call center. diffidently not a good read. just white supremacist reminding India about what India should do/stick to i.e just call center. i mean WTF why ignorant bitch thinks India only has call center.
also guy has no knowledge about india's aerospace industries.
From the Land of Snake Charmers to the Land of Call Centers. Westerners are slowly catching up.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol it had actual headline of "How POOR country like India managed to build advanced Jet" :crying: ..West likes to get credit for services they offer to developing countries for which WE PAY but turn their heads away when talked about colonial reparations:pound:...With this logic Indians helped Muricans in IT, Space, Healthcare by providing talent which caused brain drain for India... Credit they want but credit they don't want to give
Well.. atleast the author says that LCA Tejas is better than anything China has to offer.. That should burn a lot of Wumao and Paki asses, who spend a dozen hours everyday to diss Indian Tejas on Twitter..
Pakis be like - But, JF 17 Bandar is better than Rafale.. :crying::crying:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The Airforce Chief is in Bangladesh. Can we expect some orders from Bangladesh for Tejas?
What ? Order aren't placed like that , they may show more interest in it . May send teams to gather info about platform . Order are big thing to be done like that

WarriorIndian

Country flag
What ? Order aren't placed like that , they may show more interest in it . May send teams to gather info about platform . Order are big thing to be done like that
Eh? I thought its the job of the Air chief to sell planes "Pun Intended" . I am aware sir, how the orders are placed, but I am more curious to know if this visit of the Air Chief has anything to do with promoting Tejas.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Eh? I thought its the job of the Air chief to sell planes "Pun Intended" . I am aware sir, how the orders are placed, but I am more curious to know if this visit of the Air Chief has anything to do with promoting Tejas.
Well of course , he had been promoting tejas a lot , this guy is much better compared to previous ones

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Well of course , he had been promoting tejas a lot , this guy is much better compared to previous ones
There are some YouTube Channels reporting of a potential order from Bangladesh for the Tejas. Not sure how credible their news is, but yeah, I would love to see Bangladesh flying it and especially against the Thunders of Myanmar.

Bangladesh Air Chief also flew the Tejas this year.

Gerlat

Country flag
You won't get it , maybe 250 km , but the standard range is for 0.1 m^2 , other ranges are generally not released
For 2m^2 target. For 2m^2 target uttam having 150km [which is increased to 200km]. Max range is unknown, maybe 290km or 350km consider total target twc.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Even the Americans have admitted that LCA-1A is a high technology weapon. They are wondering how a poor country like India built such a sophisticated device.

We should thank the Americans for that. They banned all LCA related exports from anywhere to India. Hence it had to be locally developed and it took longer but not longer than American F-35 which took 10 years longer and $40 billion extra. The F-35 still is a failure but it is forced on the allies.

Bravo.....

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Desperate? The guy misquoted. I referred back to what he actually wrote.

I agree PPP is of more relevance when comparing the lives of citizens of different countries but what does it have to do with a country being rich or poor?

PS Personally, I loathe nationalism. It would be difficult for me to be a nationalist, my grandparents all being from different countries (two of whom whose own parents were from more than one country). I don't care one jot whether England, America, Norway or Denmark are 'better' than one another. Nor whether India is 'better' or 'worse' than England, America, Norway or Denmark.
Then we don't care about mercenary folk like you.always only use and throw mercenary minded people like how china treats foreign companies.

Tribalism in all its forms including nationalism is a trait that enhances evolutionary survival of a group whether ideological or ethnic.

The west is failing,will fall due to their lack and of any tribalism in their higher establishments.we don't want any of that here with india,no democracy is not india,india is india.

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Even the Americans have admitted that LCA-1A is a high technology weapon. They are wondering how a poor country like India built such a sophisticated device.

We should thank the Americans for that. They banned all LCA related exports from anywhere to India. Hence it had to be locally developed and it took longer but not longer than American F-35 which took 10 years longer and $40 billion extra. The F-35 still is a failure but it is forced on the allies.

Bravo.....
The f35 is not a failure,but if we use their standards of failure that they judge us on it is more of a failure than tejas.and they supposedly have a mature aerospace industry.

ladder

Country flag
The Airforce Chief is in Bangladesh. Can we expect some orders from Bangladesh for Tejas?
Some Youtube channels are saying Bangladesh may go for 45 Tejas MK1A with local assembly.
I don't know their source of information.

What I know,
1. Bangladesh is looking at two stage procurement 1. MRCA and 2. Single Engine Light Fighters.
MRCA is a twin engine fighter. ( About 16 in number)
Single Engine fighter to replace the Chinese F7/ F7BGI ( 3 Squadron)

2. PM Sheikh Hasina has said that she wishes that Bangladesh produces ( read assembles) it's own fighter jet. [1]

3. A aeronautical unit ( possibly) for assembly was to be opened in Bangladesh [2].

[1]https://www.thedailystar.net/city/hasina-hopes-bangladesh-will-build-fighter-jets-88522
[2]http://m.theindependentbd.com//post/222040

----
So, my assessment is the following. It wouldn't be prudent for going for local assembly for 16 MRCA.
If local assembly is planned, it is for F7/F7BGI replacement.
BAF chief after his sortie in LCA Tejas also spoke that, they may consider Tejas as a contender for F7 replacement.
But, I don't think they are in any hurry, they want MRCA first. In any case, I don't expect any announcement before next year's air show in Dhaka as any announcement prior to the event will affect the participation in the air show.

---
As Bangladesh is traditionally a Chinese platform buyer in Defence sector, one would expect Chinese platform to be selected. But, these days, some fine underground rifts may be present between Dhaka and Beijing.
Also, JF17 is not participating in the next year air-show. So, it can be ruled out. That leaves only the J-10 as the Chinese platform. ( For F7 replacement).

On things favouring Tejas.
1. India has extended $500 million defence line of credit and can extend more if needed.
2. As Tejas mk1A isn't available today and would take 3 years to develop Indian version and further more 1-2 years for Bangladeshi version ( changing the Israeli parts). The intervening time can be used for building the assembly line in Bangladesh. And thus no loss or diversion in production capacity in India for IAF and other smaller orders.
3. Bangladesh too wants MRCA first, so wouldn't be bothered about the intervening time as long as local assembly is promised.
3. If Tejas line is created in Bangladesh, in future, MWF too may get assembled in Bangladesh.

---

I personally am not getting my hopes high for Tejas sale to Bangladesh. But can't reject the Idea either.

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
Some Youtube channels are saying Bangladesh may go for 45 Tejas MK1A with local assembly.
I don't know their source of information.

What I know,
1. Bangladesh is looking at two stage procurement 1. MRCA and 2. Single Engine Light Fighters.
MRCA is a twin engine fighter. ( About 16 in number)
Single Engine fighter to replace the Chinese F7/ F7BGI ( 3 Squadron)

2. PM Sheikh Hasina has said that she wishes that Bangladesh produces ( read assembles) it's own fighter jet. [1]

3. A aeronautical unit ( possibly) for assembly was to be opened in Bangladesh [2].

[1]https://www.thedailystar.net/city/hasina-hopes-bangladesh-will-build-fighter-jets-88522
[2]http://m.theindependentbd.com//post/222040

----
So, my assessment is the following. It wouldn't be prudent for going for local assembly for 16 MRCA.
If local assembly is planned, it is for F7/F7BGI replacement.
BAF chief after his sortie in LCA Tejas also spoke that, they may consider Tejas as a contender for F7 replacement.
But, I don't think they are in any hurry, they want MRCA first. In any case, I don't expect any announcement before next year's air show in Dhaka as any announcement prior to the event will affect the participation in the air show.

---
As Bangladesh is traditionally a Chinese platform buyer in Defence sector, one would expect Chinese platform to be selected. But, these days, some fine underground rifts may be present between Dhaka and Beijing.
Also, JF17 is not participating in the next year air-show. So, it can be ruled out. That leaves only the J-10 as the Chinese platform. ( For F7 replacement).

On things favouring Tejas.
1. India has extended $500 million defence line of credit and can extend more if needed.
2. As Tejas mk1A isn't available today and would take 3 years to develop Indian version and further more 1-2 years for Bangladeshi version ( changing the Israeli parts). The intervening time can be used for building the assembly line in Bangladesh. And thus no loss or diversion in production capacity in India for IAF and other smaller orders.
3. Bangladesh too wants MRCA first, so wouldn't be bothered about the intervening time as long as local assembly is promised.
3. If Tejas line is created in Bangladesh, in future, MWF too may get assembled in Bangladesh.

---

I personally am not getting my hopes high for Tejas sale to Bangladesh. But can't reject the Idea either.
Local assembly for 16 jets, are they dreaming.

Ghost hale

Country flag
The f35 is not a failure,but if we use their standards of failure that they judge us on it is more of a failure than tejas.and they supposedly have a mature aerospace industry.
F35 is failure in terms that it can't fulfill its objective of low cost replacement for 4 4.5 gen fighters. Its not a bad plane. Tejas accomplishes the objective it was set out for so not a failure by any standards.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Does Bangladesh have any experience of assembling sophisticated aircraft? We are not talking about assembling a light civilian aircraft here.

I suppose that with help (and time) it could be done. Were Tejas Mk1A chosen, personnel training in India and building a clone of the FAL in Bangladesh could do the trick. Fortunately time would be available to both parties (no rush for delivery ASAP).

Out of curiosity, what Israeli gear would need replacing where India is not already working on a home grown replacement?

ladder

Country flag
Does Bangladesh have any experience of assembling sophisticated aircraft? We are not talking about assembling a light civilian aircraft here.

I suppose that with help (and time) it could be done. Were Tejas Mk1A chosen, personnel training in India and building a clone of the FAL in Bangladesh could do the trick. Fortunately time would be available to both parties (no rush for delivery ASAP).

Out of curiosity, what Israeli gear would need replacing where India is not already working on a home grown replacement?
Does Bangladesh have any experience of assembling sophisticated aircraft?
No.
K8W trainer aircraft, direct purchase from China.
Yak 130 LIFT direct purchase from Russia.
Older F7/Mig 29 were also direct purchases.

They also don't have detail upgrade facilities. They sent their 8 Mig 29 to Belarus for MLU.

Yes, the path towards assembly of 4gen fighter will be stiff.

Our western neighbor atleast had the experience of assembly of K8 Karakoram and MLU and upgrade of Mirage 3 and V to ROSE standard before they embarked on 48% fuselage assembly ( of JF17).

But, does Bangladesh have a choice? They have already made off the self purchase of K8W and YAK130. How many more numbers of the above can they justify to create an assembly line for any of the above two types?

I might be wrong, but basic trainer for stage 1 training too have been purchased ( Nanchang PT6??)

If not for 4 gen jet fighter assembly, Bangladesh might start with UAV production or if necessity exists in basic trainer.
But then as a politician it's hard to sell a Turboprop basic trainer assembly line as technological achivement to the general population. That's my take.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles