LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Spitfire9

Country flag
Nothing more than a stupid white supremacist trying to credit West for India's achievements. Getting help from West or any other country isn't necessary for India to develop it's own tech . India proved that many times and it is not a crime or inability to rope in an experienced vendor in a project.
???

What are these achievements for which 'a stupid white supremecist' is claiming credit for the west?

SavageKing456

Country flag

Spitfire9

Country flag
Flight of tejas sp24 ??
Hal can really delivers 25,26,27 in march2021??
It's a budget/schedule thing isn't it? HAL will not look good if they fail to do so.

I hope that (a) more aicraft are delivered before the end of March (b) however many (1,2,3), they are up to scratch. If HAL or subcontractors cannot make aircraft or components that meet standards I would say it is time to stop production, fix the problem then, when fixed, restart production. There is no real point in continuing to make sub-standard goods when you could be making goods that meet standards. Yes, you can say you are getting the deliveries done but if what you are delivering is crap, what are you achieving?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Good read?
LMAO laughable article,looks like more of a troll has written
Yeah, but feels good to know this is the reaction to Tejas on racist & white-supremacist people's thought process... 🤗

Flight of tejas sp24 ??
Hal can really delivers 25,26,27 in march2021??
M8 they are not delivering the jets even if they did 1st flight, let alone being done with manufacturing. Only SP-21 was symbolically delivered.

Don't know why... Maybe IAF want them to come with Astra to integrated 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

HawkisRight

Country flag
How Did India Manage to Build an Advanced Fighter Jet Like the Tejas?

Very good read...😊😊
Lol it had actual headline of "How POOR country like India managed to build advanced Jet" :crying: ..West likes to get credit for services they offer to developing countries for which WE PAY but turn their heads away when talked about colonial reparations:pound:...With this logic Indians helped Muricans in IT, Space, Healthcare by providing talent which caused brain drain for India... Credit they want but credit they don't want to give

Spitfire9

Country flag
Lol it had actual headline of "How POOR country like India managed to build advanced Jet" :crying: ..West likes to get credit for services they offer to developing countries for which WE PAY but turn their heads away when talked about colonial reparations:pound:...With this logic Indians helped Muricans in IT, Space, Healthcare by providing talent which caused brain drain for India... Credit they want but credit they don't want to give
What is all this about credit?

By the way, he said 'a relatively poor country'. Let's compare India and UK. India had a greater GDP than UK in 2019 but I would say India is relatively poor. Very, very poor in comparison, given the population difference.

2019 GDP numbers

India 2.869 trillion USD
UK 2.829 trillion USD

jik60

Country flag

By the way, he said 'a relatively poor country'. Let's compare India and UK. India had a greater GDP than UK in 2019 but I would say India is relatively poor. Very, very poor in comparison, given the population difference.

2019 GDP numbers

India 2.869 trillion USD
UK 2.829 trillion USD

If you are so desperate to compare the wealth, then compare the GDP in terms PPP (purchasing power parity). India is at 3rd and UK at 9th.

HawkisRight

Country flag

2019 GDP numbers

India 2.869 trillion USD
UK 2.829 trillion USD

Well India won't be poor if British returned back 45 trillion dollars looted from India...btw how will this headline be.. "White supremacist America lands rover on Mars"

Spitfire9

Country flag
If you are so desperate to compare the wealth, then compare the GDP in terms PPP (purchasing power parity). India is at 3rd and UK at 9th.
Desperate? The guy misquoted. I referred back to what he actually wrote.

I agree PPP is of more relevance when comparing the lives of citizens of different countries but what does it have to do with a country being rich or poor?

PS Personally, I loathe nationalism. It would be difficult for me to be a nationalist, my grandparents all being from different countries (two of whom whose own parents were from more than one country). I don't care one jot whether England, America, Norway or Denmark are 'better' than one another. Nor whether India is 'better' or 'worse' than England, America, Norway or Denmark.

IndianHawk

Country flag

2019 GDP numbers

India 2.869 trillion USD
UK 2.829 trillion USD

Nominal GDP is useless for poverty comparison use ppp figures

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag

2019 GDP numbers

India 2.869 trillion USD
UK 2.829 trillion USD

Also India has an airforce double the size of uk and might build more domestic planes in this decade that the entire British airforce again.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Also India has an airforce double the size of uk and might build more domestic planes in this decade that the entire British airforce again.
I agree. India should build more aircraft than the entire British airforce this decade.
(1) India is in dispute with two neighbouring countries and needs aircraft to maintain IAF capability so should build a lot of aircraft to meet that need
(2) the plan is to build a lot of fast jets, but can things change so that what should happen actually does happen?

The execution of the Mk1A programme will be a good indicator of whether the history of failure to produce a fast jet type even remotely to schedule (Tejas Mk1) can be relegated to the past. If things do not improve with Mk1A, what chance does MWF have of succeeding? Or TEDBF? Or Orca? Or AMCA?

Call me an optimist if you will but I give MWF a good chance of not suffering interminable delays.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I agree. India should build more aircraft than the entire British airforce this decade.
(1) India is in dispute with two neighbouring countries and needs aircraft to maintain IAF capability so should build a lot of aircraft to meet that need
(2) the plan is to build a lot of fast jets, but can things change so that what should happen actually does happen?

The execution of the Mk1A programme will be a good indicator of whether the history of failure to produce a fast jet type even remotely to schedule (Tejas Mk1) can be relegated to the past. If things do not improve with Mk1A, what chance does MWF have of succeeding? Or TEDBF? Or Orca? Or AMCA?

Call me an optimist if you will but I give MWF a good chance of not suffering interminable delays.
Things are already moving faster. Uttam was supposed to come in for MWF but it's already here for mk1a. Writing is on the wall.

MWF will succeed as indian airforce needs single engine jets in large numbers and there is no alternative f16 is too fat and old while gripen E is too costly and too many foreign components.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Things are already moving faster. Uttam was supposed to come in for MWF but it's already here for mk1a. Writing is on the wall.

MWF will succeed as indian airforce needs single engine jets in large numbers and there is no alternative f16 is too fat and old while gripen E is too costly and too many foreign components.
Interesting to hear about the radar from Uttam. Is it fully productionised now? What about s/w - is that going to be fully developed soon?

Also interesting to hear that there is no danger of MWF being dropped in favour of some other type.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Interesting to hear about the radar from Uttam. Is it fully productionised now? What about s/w - is that going to be fully developed soon?

Also interesting to hear that there is no danger of MWF being dropped in favour of some other type.
Uttam itself is aesa radars name. It's already undergoing testing on lca lsp series aircrafts.
Previously it was tested on business jets as well.
Most of the modes are already tested only a few remaining that's why it will be going on 60 mk1 a aircraft .

Spitfire9

Country flag
Uttam itself is aesa radars name. It's already undergoing testing on lca lsp series aircrafts.
Previously it was tested on business jets as well.
Most of the modes are already tested only a few remaining that's why it will be going on 60 mk1 a aircraft .
Thanks for the info.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Good read?
LMAO laughable article,looks like more of a troll has written
first line mentions Indian call center. diffidently not a good read. just white supremacist reminding India about what India should do/stick to i.e just call center. i mean WTF why ignorant bitch thinks India only has call center.
also guy has no knowledge about india's aerospace industries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles