LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
Uttam has been cleared for A2A scan mode. Our Sukhois will never engage in a bombing role unless extremely necessary. So I don't think readyness is a reason behind them not opting for such mods. LCA LSP is already flying with Uttam radar.
I think out of 230 flight hours 30 were with LCA. I think its more to do with testing than anything. Russia media is also giving news or propaganda that they are in advance stage of super sukhoi upgrade discussion.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Our Sukhois will never engage in a bombing role unless extremely necessary.
Sir, that is incorrect information. Su-30 MKI will conduct SEAD and DEAD operations in initial stage of conflict. They will also be used to bomb high-value targets.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Sir, that is incorrect information. Su-30 MKI will conduct SEAD and DEAD operations in initial stage of conflict. They will also be used to bomb high-value targets.
With all due respect ma'am, in 21st century, bombing missions are always performed with elements of surprise i.e an aircraft having less RCS. In future, role of heavyweight bombers will almost be eradicated as air defences are getting more and more modern.
Only if in an air superiority position, Sukhois will commence the bombing role. When the Su30s were designed, people followed conventional warfare. Now with tech changing everyday, roles of air forces are getting more and more challenging everyday.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I am just quoting from news articles from pak news. They can be wrong but it is what being claimed and i dont feel it is something that can't happen. They might have sold some more of their land. Not new for them.
Such news articles keep coming and going. Pakistan is not going to buy j10 before 2025.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Such news articles keep coming and going. Pakistan is not going to buy j10 before 2025.
Great confidence. Images of new 25-30 J10c emerged out from china's production site which fueled these speculation more. Pakistan can beg if not buy.

Cactus09

Country flag
Not entirely certain with that. While it is a very capable aircraft, SU30s will mostly be providing air cover for Mirages/ Jaguars for this role. However Rafales will be the tip of the spear when it comes to DEAD/ SEAD missions. It is a far more capable aircraft than Su30s for this role. The point being the asset will be utilized as per its speciality. You don't use Virat Kohli for spearheading the bowling attack and Jasprit Bumrah as a top order batsman.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Great confidence. Images of new 25-30 J10c emerged out from china's production site which fueled these speculation more. Pakistan can beg if not buy.
This is not confidence. You joined this forum yesterday. You don't know that the rumors of pakistan buying J10 have been doing rounds since at least a decade, back when India was still selecting MMRCA 1, and when J10C didn't even exist, pakistanis were going to buy export version of J10B.

Pakistan will not buy another fighter till their current JF17 order production is completed, which will be around 2025. and post then, they may go for more JF17 or an import depending upon funds and necessities. But if you want to indulge in rumor mongering, please continue to do so.

Ghost hale

Country flag
This is not confidence. You joined this forum yesterday. You don't know that the rumors of pakistan buying J10 have been doing rounds since at least a decade, back when India was still selecting MMRCA 1, and when J10C didn't even exist, pakistanis were going to buy export version of J10B.

Pakistan will not buy another fighter till their current JF17 order production is completed, which will be around 2025. and post then, they may go for more JF17 or an import depending upon funds and necessities. But if you want to indulge in rumor mongering, please continue to do so.
I can't have ur over confidence.

Last edited:

Whitecollar

Country flag
You won't get it , maybe 250 km , but the standard range is for 0.1 m^2 , other ranges are generally not released
Even that standard range is understated. You could expect the standard range of Uttam AESA on MK1A to be anywhere around 180 to 200km(SHHHHH! 🤫...porrks will hear it!!)

Whitecollar

Country flag
I can't have ur over confidence.
Dude be assured that Pak can't and won't buy J10C as their Jeff BLK3 order hasn't been delivered by Chinks yet. Now, I'm not even sure as to how porrks are buying even the Jeffs given their harrowing economic condition(mostly they're leasing their mineral rich Gilgit area to chinks).
Pakistan won't go for J-10 as they already have 50+ operational F-16s. So, even if they go for J-10s, they will go for it probably in the next decade when F-16s will start having major maintenance issues.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Dude be assured that Pak can't and won't buy J10C as their Jeff BLK3 order hasn't been delivered by Chinks yet. Now, I'm not even sure as to how porrks are buying even the Jeffs given their harrowing economic condition(mostly they're leasing their mineral rich Gilgit area to chinks).
Pakistan won't go for J-10 as they already have 50+ operational F-16s. So, even if they go for J-10s, they will go for it probably in the next decade when F-16s will start having major maintenance issues.
Bro u have ur assumptions, I have mine. Since both of us are assuming its fine to see it our way right? Its good if we won't have to go for two front war with J10c on both front but i always believe in avoiding on any surprises if we can. So its better to assume worst case scenario for me. U can very well be right. The cost is not the issue as anyhow Pakistan army will sell pakistan out anyhow and move to UK or US after that.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Regarding Mk1 FOC aircraft, I read (don't know where exactly) that IAF was demanding that components should be transferable from one frame to another and that this was not the case. I do not know what components were referred to exactly but it comes across as lousy quality assurance and quality control if parts/airframes are not within tolerance to allow a component fitted to frame A to be removed and fitted to frame B.

Can anyone cast any light on the situation, please?

Edit: found the source http://idrw.org/hal-fumbles-lca-tejas-foc-deliveries-stalls-contract-for-83-jets/

Last edited:

Narasimh

Country flag
👆Same query.. Any news of the FOC variant delivery? March is here, still no news of HAL completing it this FY.
@patriots

Karthi

Country flag
How Did India Manage to Build an Advanced Fighter Jet Like the Tejas?

Very good read...😊😊

Nothing more than a stupid white supremacist trying to credit West for India's achievements. Getting help from West or any other country isn't necessary for India to develop it's own tech . India proved that many times and it is not a crime or inability to rope in an experienced vendor in a project.

Annaa

Country flag
Flight of tejas sp24 ??
Hal can really delivers 25,26,27 in march2021??

Global Defence

New threads

Articles