LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

JBH22

What I understood was second line was getting in place plus a private line was being explored that would allow production capacity of 16 planes per annum, thus 83planes should be completed in 5years

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What I understood was second line was getting in place plus a private line was being explored that would allow production capacity of 16 planes per annum, thus 83planes should be completed in 5years
They're taking some serious export orders into consideration apparently... And limited series production MWF starting somewhere after 2025.

Spitfire9

Country flag
The Nashik division is being revamped exclusively to cater to the potential LCA export orders I was informed.
I hope that the revamp takes place in a realistic time frame. The idea of it being used purely for exports does not seem sensible to me. There may not be any export orders for years, if ever.

A better idea to me is to expand capacity to supply IAF. In the process Nashik division production would already be debugged should any export orders be forthcoming, meaning that the risk of severe delays in supplying export customers or quality issues would be greatly reduced.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
I know it's not related to this thread!! But please can someone tell me the upcoming HAL deals other than 72 Tejas aircrafts???? This would be of great help!!

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles