LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Spitfire9

Country flag
The guy in video saying it is SP-25 behind them. They are equipping SP-27 in some other hangar. It's second line of production.

So another revision for delivery deadline? What are the chances that they will make it past SP-25 in this financial year?
I recall that HAL finally met a schedule in March 2019 by delivering the last IOC Mk1 Tejas. I thought that the next year was to be devoted to trainer production (8) after which ie from April 2020 FOC Mk1 production would begin at a rate of at least 8 per annum.

How many Tejas will have been delivered April 2019 to March 2021?

DivineLight

I recall that HAL finally met a schedule in March 2019 by delivering the last IOC Mk1 Tejas. I thought that the next year was to be devoted to trainer production (8) after which ie from April 2020 FOC Mk1 production would begin at a rate of at least 8 per annum.

How many Tejas will have been delivered April 2019 to March 2021?
The first order was 40(2 batches of 16 singleseat+4 trainer). ADA/HAL having issues with trainer. Tejas fans say IAF asked FOC Mk1 config for trainer. So trainer production delayed. Now they are working on FOC delivery(next 16). After that, 8 trainers production.

SP-21 was delivered last year March I think. SP-22 first flown in Sep 2020. SP-23 flown recently in Jan. They gonna do first flight for SP-24 and 25 in coming feb. SP-26 and 27 on the way.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The guy in video saying it is SP-25 behind them. They are equipping SP-27 in some other hangar. It's second line of production.

So another revision for delivery deadline? What are the chances that they will make it past SP-25 in this financial year?
You know this stuff was filmed a few months ago probably.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

AK doing some good work..
He says lets meet some youngsters working on Tejas, but I don't spot any "youngsters" ! Its a shame really and one which we have to thank our higher education system and the reservation quota system to thank for

notaname

Country flag
He says lets meet some youngsters working on Tejas, but I don't spot any "youngsters" ! Its a shame really and one which we have to thank our higher education system and the reservation quota system to thank for
By youngsters he means people between 30 - 35 age group browse his old videos, and don't bash education system they need experienced people not fresher's so you will get them even with great education system.

Karthi

Country flag
pic_3.jpeg

HAL cleared some of the queries that were raised by the US Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) after it send a proposal against the Request for Information (RFI) for a jet trainer to replace its Boeing T-45 Goshawk .Technical queries were raised by NAVAIR was replied to and now HAL waits for further communications from the USN said the Program Director of the LCA-Navy Mk1.
it would be great if NLCA based LIFT will be selected , dramatically improve the export potential o Tejas plus some money for future R&D, but chances are slim .

Es9dD2xVoAEuLre.jpg

ARDC subsidiary of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) have used a now-retired LCA-PV1 frontal section to test a new, thicker canopy and also to analyze and check for its feasibility at higher speeds (up to 20g). The Tejas R&D team has reworked the frame to accommodate the new thicker glass for the canopy for the advanced Tejas Mk1A that will feature it for the first time and will measure 24mm as opposed to the existing 16mm.

Thicker Glass will have better protection against bird hits and won’t be requiring a major change to the cockpit but only minor changes to the existing canopy lining frame, since it will be getting a thicker glass it will also require re-certification from the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), that will be concluded soon.

A 4-km long Rail Track Rocket Sled Penta Rail Supersonic Track at the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL), will be used to test and study Higher G-forces at the frontal section and also thicker glass . The facility consists of five rails, each having a length of 4 km, on which a test article can be propelled at supersonic speed with the help of specially designed rockets.

2019_aero_india_mk2_1.jpg

Tejas Mark II to Roll Out Next Year; High-speed Trials in 2023

Structural package and other work on the Tejas Mark II is progressing well

Production is likely to start somewhere around 2025.

MWF will have a bigger fuselage, longer range, better maintainability, greater load carrying capability, much stronger engine power and superior net-centric warfare systems.

MWF will be much superior than Tejas Mark-IA.

MWF is likely to roll out by August-September of 2022 after that the first flight will take some time.

The first high-speed trial of the jet will start in 2023.

The production to start somewhere around 2025.

AMCA was to implement the project under the framework of a special purpose vehicle also involving private sector players.

AMCA prototype is likely to be ready by 2026 and its production could start by 2030.

planning is to get the prototypes made by the HAL without going to any SPV route. Once HAL do that, then will ask private players to join hands. They will have to put in at least Rs 2,500 crore. HAL will put in Rs 2,500 crore as initial investment.

Implementation of the project under the SPV route will cut procedural delays.

sakalasiva

Country flag
I heard that Tejas has thrust/wt ratio of more than 1. What are benifits of it. I qurious that su 30 mki having T/w less than 1 can able to climb 300 m/s where as Tejas can do 254 m/s. Is T/W anyway contribute to climb rate or they are different subjects. Also is Sustained turn radius,Angle of attack impacted by T/W ratio?

WARREN SS

Country flag
I heard that Tejas has thrust/wt ratio of more than 1. What are benifits of it. I qurious that su 30 mki having T/w less than 1 can able to climb 300 m/s where as Tejas can do 254 m/s. Is T/W anyway contribute to climb rate or they are different subjects. Also is Sustained turn radius,Angle of attack impacted by T/W ratio?
T/W ratio hardly matters now after Next Gen CCM
MICA IR can lock target 🙄 at 360 degrees at
High bore offsight angles

Rafale has T/W less than 1

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It is particularly useful in close combat when the plane bleeds energy in various maneuvers. It need high thrust to recover from lost energy and high T/W ratio adds to maneuverability.

Speed is not only the function of T/W ratio but it takes into account other factors as well such as Drag and design etc. MKI uses TVC which makes it super maneuverable.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Dude you can calculate yourself...
(Military wet thrust in kN ×100) ÷ (Empty weight + Internal fuel weight in Kg) .

Tejas Mark1/A:
(85kN × 100) ÷ (6500kg + 2500kg) = 8500/9000 = 0.945

Tejas Mark2 (without EPE):
(95kN × 100) ÷ (7500kg + 3300kg) = 9500/10800 = 0.88

Tejas Mark2 (with EPE/RR engine):
(105kN × 100) ÷ (7500kg + 3300kg) = 10500/10800 = 0.97

Other than T/W ratio, aerodynamics matters for acceleration or rate of climb & canards or FCS matter for taste of turns.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Dude you can calculate yourself...
(Military wet thrust in kN ×100) ÷ (Empty weight + Internal fuel weight in Kg) .

Tejas Mark1/A:
(85kN × 100) ÷ (6500kg + 2500kg) = 8500/9000 = 0.945

Tejas Mark2 (without EPE):
(95kN × 100) ÷ (7500kg + 3300kg) = 9500/10800 = 0.88

Tejas Mark2 (with EPE):
(105kN × 100) ÷ (7200kg + 3300kg) = 10500/10500 = 1.0
T/W ratio is generally counted on 50% fuel. So reduce the fuel load by half. Moreover, Tejas Mk1 engine has 89 KN afterburner thrust and not 85 KN so far as I know. GE 414 has 98 KN afterburner thrust and not 95 KN. Kindly check the figures.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
T/W ratio is generally counted on 50% fuel. So reduce the fuel load by half. Moreover, Tejas Mk1 engine has 89 KN afterburner thrust and not 85 KN so far as I know. GE 414 has 98 KN afterburner thrust and not 95 KN. Kindly check the figures.
Source about the counting at half fuel?..

And military thrust is always lesser than what's the max achieved at test-facilities, I adjusted at multiples of 5.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Source about the counting at half fuel?..

And military thrust is always lesser than what's the max achieved at test-facilities, I adjusted at multiples of 5.
It is counted on half fuel as when the plane engages in any sort of combat, its tank is never full. Adjusting to multiple of 5 has no logic. Evenif you do that, it comes to near rounding figure of 90 KN and 100 KN and not 85 KN and 95 KN.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles